Quantum origins.

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Quantum origins.

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:28 pm

So this is more a theory of mine that just stems from a few points in the game and thought I would share it here and see what kind of feed back I get. So anyway onto the point, based on the Slimepedia Entry for the quantum slime, the quantum slime used to be a different variety of slime, one that we have no confirmed information on for whether or not the slime is already implemented or if it ever will be. My theory is that we actually already have the slime and that the slime is the boom slime.

I’ve got little for evidence to support this theory, but what I do have are the spawn locations of the two slimes. First and foremost boom slimes do not spawn as pure slimes in any biome that a quantum can possibly spawn in, the whole glass desert houses a plethora of slimes, only excluding the rad saber crystal and honey, but out of all those slimes only booms spawn solely as largos. Seems a bit odd doesn’t it? And let’s go to the ancient ruins, the one biome where a boom gordo can be found but it is also the only biome in which a largo forms yet the source slime doesn’t spawn naturally. Curious isn’t it?

Given this information I speculate that during the event that formed quantums and echoes, booms were the original form, with the explosions energy condensing to form the echoes. Now the one point this fails to cover that is blatantly obvious is how the event changed a carnivorous slime to a fruit eater, and the answer for that is one I can’t answer in any solid way, though using the basic principles of the quantum slimes quantum superpositions and alternate dimensions with infinite possibilities, it is possible to believe that the phase lemons may be meat in one dimension, where they may have originated should it not have been our own.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Re: Quantum origins.

Postby GravityCat » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:52 pm

Related

Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:41 am

Lol
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby Alexromeo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:07 am

There is no largo spawning area on the Range, excluding the feral slimes. Slimes do not spawn as largos, they always spawn as pure slimes! In the ancient ruins, there are a lot of places that spawn both pure boom slimes and quantum slimes.
Alexromeo
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:24 am

Alexromeo wrote:There is no largo spawning area on the Range, excluding the feral slimes. Slimes do not spawn as largos, they always spawn as pure slimes! In the ancient ruins, there are a lot of places that spawn both pure boom slimes and quantum slimes.

Feral boom largos in the glass desert at night, even if feral they are still largos. As for the second point the only place in the ancient ruins that may be seen as natural spawning of the pure booms is the gordo, which can only be popped once.
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Return to General Discussion