Slimes disappearing on Steam Version.

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Slimes disappearing on Steam Version.

Postby treehugger0123 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:46 pm

I've seen similar topics to this but the ones I've seen specify xbox, so I wanted to confirm that this is happening on steam too. I have four slimes per corral and more than once I've had to replace them because one disappeared. What made me decide to look this up was when I replaced a tabby slime, and not two days later two tabbies had vanished. And these are all double-high walled corrals with air nets, so I find it unlikely so many of my slimes are escape artists--the only one I could really justify not being a glitch was when a quantum slime recently vanished, and even then you'd think it'd be nearby, but it wasn't that I saw. I've had rock and phosphor slimes disappear too, that I can remember.
treehugger0123
Rancher

Re: Slimes disappearing on Steam Version.

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:29 am

Do you feed them regularly?
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby treehugger0123 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:13 pm

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:Do you feed them regularly?

Yes, and in many cases they still have food on the ground in their corrals(I use auto-feeders) when they disappear.

That said, my slimes can be idiots sometimes; more than once I've seen slimes in my corrals with the "I'm hungry" face when they're surrounded by food. For bonus frustration points, I'll shoot food right into their mouths and it'll just bounce right off. What are they on a hunger strike? Image
treehugger0123
Rancher

Postby rabbitslime » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:20 pm

Did an in-game day pass when your slimes disappeared? Were you away from the ranch or closed and checked upon them moments later? This could be something to do with disk space, either that or corruption of save file, causing slime loss, and having the slimes with the wrong facial expression.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Postby treehugger0123 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:01 pm

rabbitslime wrote:Did an in-game day pass when your slimes disappeared? Were you away from the ranch or closed and checked upon them moments later? This could be something to do with disk space, either that or corruption of save file, causing slime loss, and having the slimes with the wrong facial expression.

My disk has 801/930 GB free. The disk space issue might be more complicated than that, admittedly, but from my limited knowledge it doesn't look like that's the issue.

Nowadays the only reasons I leave my ranch are if I need to gather slimes for the Range Exchange or replace vanished ones(and get resources from my extractors in the Glass Desert, but since I have a teleporter that typically takes less than a minute), but I haven't kept too much track of how much time passes between disappearances.
treehugger0123
Rancher

Postby rabbitslime » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:23 pm

What is your OS and what antivirus are you using, it could be your antivirus trying to make files more compact, thus the problem.

Try disconnecting to the internet, turn off your antivirus, play the game, note the possible changes, then turn on your antivirus and then the internet.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Postby treehugger0123 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:08 pm

rabbitslime wrote:What is your OS and what antivirus are you using, it could be your antivirus trying to make files more compact, thus the problem.

Try disconnecting to the internet, turn off your antivirus, play the game, note the possible changes, then turn on your antivirus and then the internet.

Windows 10 and Avast.
treehugger0123
Rancher

Return to Technical Support