The Plortrifuge Concept

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

The Plortrifuge Concept

Postby Astro » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:08 am

I don't know how I got this idea, but I like it so I decided I'd share.

For the low, low cost of 2 of every plort in the game (before this point and including gold), 3 strange diamonds, 2 lava dust, and 30 jellystone, you get the plortrifuge.

The plortrifuge is the first step in slime genetics research. With it, you can combine slime plorts (3 of different varieties) with 15 of a new item, the organic molecule, which you get by feeding slimes into the centrifuge (breaks down the slime into 15 organic molecules). This way you can create new slimes. I'll take suggestions for combinations of 3 plorts to make new slimes, but here's some I thought up and found around the community.

Obsidian Slime: Formed using 1 fire plort, 1 puddle plort, 1 rock plort, and 15 organic molecules.

The obsidian slime behaves and looks like a fire or puddle slime (but black / purple and with a rocky texture and rounded spikes at the top), an can be kept in either an ash tray or a lake. It's special ability is its sturdiness. It can't be pushed around by ranchers or other slimes, and Its plorts can be used in future slime science to make stronger and / or boom-resistant cage walls and air nets.

Might add more on later
Comment ideas down below!
Astro
Plort

Re: The Plortrifuge Concept

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:16 am

That would be really cool!
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:39 am

Nice idea, but if they were to do this then they would have to make a lot of new slimes, and that would take quite a while to implement.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Astro » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:09 am

Nice idea, but if they were to do this then they would have to make a lot of new slimes, and that would take quite a while to implement.

I know, but I feel like this could be the next step in slime science with a mega update (SR 2.0 anyone?)
Astro
Plort

Postby rabbitslime » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:07 pm

maybe these slimes are not meant to be largoed, if it was there would be a lot more slimes to create.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Postby Astro » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:08 pm

maybe these slimes are not meant to be largoed, if it was there would be a lot more slimes to create.

Yeah, I was thinking that these would be more resourceful and science oriented slimes, not ones that are directly meant for sale. They should be sellable, but not for much or largo-able.
Astro
Plort

Postby rabbitslime » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:41 pm

I thought of some:

Venus Flytrap Slime = Formed using a tangle, hunter and rad plorts, along with 15 organic molecules.
Tiger Slime = Formed using tabby/saber, honey and hunter plorts, along with 15 organic molecules.
Pumice Slime = Formed by Rock, boom and phosphor/puddle plorts, along with 15 organic molecules.
Pink Panther Slime = Needs pink, hunter and quantum plorts, with 15 OM (Organic Molecules).

I can't say if the Tiger Slime should use the tabby or saber plorts. Same goes with Pumice Slime.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Postby SupaGamaBoi » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:28 am

To lower the slimes they would have to make, they could make it so only certain combos work and the rest become tarr.
Dank SupaGamaBoi wrote:
I EAT THE MEMES
I DRINK THE MEMES
WITHOUT MEMES I WILL DIE

BEWARE THE MAN WHO SPEAKS IN HANDS
LOOK AT THAT NOOB GO
SupaGamaBoi
Rancher

Postby Crafter1300 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:43 am

Wow!
MIND BLOWN!
Very Interesting Idea
Crafter Out (This was written 4 years ago but I'll keep it)
Crafter1300
Rancher

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:10 pm

Fast and Furious=Phosophor+Quicksilver(even though it doesn't actually work)+Hunter+15 OM
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Return to Creative