Burger Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Burger Slime

Postby rabbitslime » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:35 pm

Burger Slime
(opening description, from a hen's POV) - Is it a rock, a giant clam or... CHOMP!!!

Diet: Meat
Favorite: Burrito Hens

Plort base value: Along the lines of Honey, boom and Rad Slime
30 - 70 newbucks

Slimology - Burger Slimes are ambush predators, relying on stealth to sneak up on their prey and eating it. It looks like a burger with its buns in the same color as the rocks in its region. It will always camouflage to the environment it lives in, it is a rare slime that can spawn anywhere, but the burrito chicken spawns only in the indigo quarry. Its about as rare as finding a hunter slime. Whenever it finds prey, it closes its buns together, making it look like a rock, then sneaks close to the hen before opening up and devouring the hen at close range. After all who expects to be attacked by a rock?

Rancher risk - There is no risk to a rancher rather than finding a burger slime on his own. They are good camouflagers; the only way to find the difference between a rock and a burger slime, is seeing that there is a thin brown line on the equator of the 'rock' and has eyes somewhere. It would seldom move unless food is near by. It will then become more of a rock then start moving slowly.

Plortonomics - A single plort can be compacted to the shape of a burger to eat. It would be quite small however. Compacting multiple plorts is also possible for a larger burger. The plort itself is like a tofu, which is soft but can be molded and compressed. It gets denser and shrinks to half its size when compressed into a burger.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Re: Burger Slime

Postby prmommy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:39 am

My 9yo replies:

Good idea, but I don't think it should be called a "burger slime." I think it should be called a "boulder slime" because it camouflages itself into rocks. Other than that, good idea.
prmommy
Plort

Postby rabbitslime » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:24 am

maybe it should be named either way...

For the Burrito hen's description - It grows by both photosynthesis and eating. Think of it as a walking venus flytrap that feeds on seeds, worms and looks like a burrito. This is where the burger slime gets its vegetables and meat. It would look like a boulder at first if it hasn't eaten a burrito chicken after spawning.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:13 am

Nice idea.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Randomtangle » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:31 am

Cool idea! Where would it live?
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby rabbitslime » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:25 pm

Basically everywhere where pink slimes can spawn. They're more common in the indigo quarry, where their favorite food is residing. They're slightly more common than gold slimes, maybe to the rarity value of hunter slimes. In the indigo quarry, they're as common as phosphor slimes. Phosphor slimes rarely spawn in the indigo quarry except the 1st area, last area and ash island.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:35 am

Can I eat it?
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby rabbitslime » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:52 am

Its plorts once compressed, if its the plorts that is raw or the slime, it would have a soggy and gooey aftertaste. And why would eat the slime? Are you even a tarr, joking aside, slimes aren't supposed to be eaten.

Eating the raw plort or slime would be like eating a burger drenched in oil. Health or not, it tastes bad.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:52 am

rabbitslime wrote:Its plorts once compressed, if its the plorts that is raw or the slime, it would have a soggy and gooey aftertaste. And why would eat the slime? Are you even a tarr, joking aside, slimes aren't supposed to be eaten.

Eating the raw plort or slime would be like eating a burger drenched in oil. Health or not, it tastes bad.

Can I take that back and say:
GoldenLucky99 wrote:"Can I not eat it?"
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby rabbitslime » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:09 pm

Think of compressing the plort to make it edible is like drenching out the oil from newly cooked fried foods.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:44 am

Can I mass farm them in horrible conditions, overfeed some and starve the rest, and send them to McDochnoldos?
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby rabbitslime » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:57 am

Definitely! The plorts are the ones that are important, though I would suggest either letting them free range in the overgrowth or turning them into largos for faster production.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Return to Slime Design