compact coral gadget

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

compact coral gadget

Postby rabbitslime » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:53 am

We have miniature silos out of warp depots, so why not a small and compact coral that can be placed anywhere? The ingredients are 20 dervish plorts, 20 boom plorts, 2 royal jellies, 40 primordy oil and 2 strange diamonds.

The slimes placed inside this will not despawn, and is like a #1 slime stage, but with access to a autofeeder beneath it and a plort collector on top of it. It can house 3 slimes, a largo or a tarr. Why a tarr? Simple, for an automatic tarr spawning machine to keep an area slime free, or to give the slimes a jump scare every now and then; ensured by a nearby hydro turret.

The compact coral comes with a thick solar shield that its impossible to view from the outside or the inside. Cause of this, any turrets nearby would only shoot at the tarr's clones and not the tarr itself; the super thick solar shield also prevents the tarr from being wet. A screen shows what slime is inside, if there was. The autofeeder can hold slimes if the inserted slime is a tarr, otherwise it can hold anything that is edible if a pink slime or largo is in there. If a veggie eating slime or largo is in there, it can only hold veggies, and so on with meat and fruits. The plort collector automatically takes whatever plort is secreted by the slime or largo, and works like a regular plort collector.

If there are multiple slimes in there, whether same species or not, the food that can be inserted is based on the diet of all 3 slimes. Take note however if there are 2 or more slimes with different types, should one eat a plort inside the miniature coral, the other slimes are forced out due to a lack of space.

Should the food run out, the slime would escape as soon as its hungry; or if its a tarr, it would despawn. The food dispensing is one per round, and the round is adjustable and is the same for a regular auto feeder.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Re: compact coral gadget

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:36 am

Nice idea, but why would it contain tarr?
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:22 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:Nice idea, but why would it contain tarr?

He said that you could make an automatic yard spawning area to keep slimes out, or just to scare slimes.

This is a good idea, too!
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby rabbitslime » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:02 pm

That automatic spawning could be used in conjunction with collecting rare slimes. Slimes like hunter, tangle etc. I find it to difficult to find hunter slimes and I seldom see a tangle slime wandering in the glass desert. I don't even bother snaring gordos as it takes time to collect the resources to pop them. Snaring a hunter gordo ain't worth it as I have 20 hunter slimes to feed; I regularly roam the range to try and collect as many roostros as possible.

This machine could even be used to keep slimes from eating wild chicken populations. With a stream of tarr near the slimes and hydro turrets beside the nests, its possible. I thought that this also can be used for gold slime farming, if you can trick one into running into it that is placed already.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Return to Creative