Stronger tarr subspecies

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Stronger tarr subspecies

Postby rabbitslime » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:06 am

Why are the slimes THAT scared when a tarr is besides them? Other than the fact it can eat them and the way it reproduces, its just a shame that the tarr's weakness is one to two shots of water. Could it go slightly higher, like 4 at night instead of 8...
I propose an idea for a stronger tarr subspecies that all slimes should be afraid of. When a slime screams cause of a tarr, it is actually afraid of this. The player also does not want this to spawn either. It spawns when there are 5 tarrs within close proximity of each other. As a result, one of the tarr is deleted. As of this everyone must never allow tarr to multiply lest they see this beast, which would be the size of a gordo.
It has 2 to 4 times the health of a tarr, can slowly heal as it eats slimes and can't reproduce. I was thinking of a challenge that can be easily stopped from happening, as tarr are outright weak and ferals are a nuisance. The only way a tarr can overwhelm you is when you released a coral full of different slimes into the overgrowth.
With this all topics of defensive slimes would come in handy should the player be ignorant.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Re: Stronger tarr subspecies

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:37 am

Honestly, this doesn't seem to fit the game. I think a dangerous foe appearing upon accidentally allowing Tarr reproduction would cause a lot of Jump-Scare-like incidents.

On the other hand, choosing to summon the boss by, say, continually feeding a Tarr its favourite food (you decide).

On the subject of defensive slimes; I am greatly against the game babysitting the player, and this certainly seems to be so. By being the only saviour of a group of slimes, the player feels like they are in control of everything; having them able to defend themselves would weaken this.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby rabbitslime » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:30 am

It would be more like summoning a boss, and too many could be a problem. Maybe something like 2 maximum located at a loaded game at a time, and increasing the number of tarr needed to spawn one, maybe something like 10.
Slimes would need to defend themselves, but they must be vastly underpowered. Like a pistol to an armored person. It will make the slimes be able defend themselves if there are lots of them. Something like more than the amount the game allows in the range; where excess despawn.
Otherwise how would they have survived before ranchers arrived. Thousands would have been extinct by then, with a handful of resilient ones surviving.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Postby Randomtangle » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:35 am

I think I did a post on this...
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby Randomtangle » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:39 am

Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby rabbitslime » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:48 pm

You just posted more tarr variants, I kind of like that, but you did not say how would they spawn.

Mine was just a stronger version should too many tarr congregate in one area. Probably that area would be the size of a coral. What I want to happen is that one must kill tarr on sight and not let them spread, I mean would you want one to 'clean up' your ranch?

Sure that one can cause a jump scare, but what if they only exist in the slimepedia and their page warns the player not to let too many tarr in one area, lest one spawns which really does not. I say that one of these clearing an area is the equivalent to a handful of tarr clearing an area.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Return to Slime Design