Beatrix, our four-foot rancher.

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Beatrix, our four-foot rancher.

Postby JohnEdwa » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:00 am

Due to some discussion on Reddit (and the fact it's been bothering me for a while), I decided to try estimating the size of our main heroine. As many might have noticed, or at least had a funny feeling about, she is tiny. Really tiny.

I'd estimate her to be around 120cm tall (4 feet).

You would think that she would at least be able to see from the window in the door, as otherwise it's a rather pointless window.
The other possibility is that she is both rather short and has no neck whatsoever, looking something along the lines of this.

So, Monomi Park people, in the next patch could someone give her head a little tug to pop her neck back in order?
Or at least could we possibly get some really tall platform shoes as an upgrade.
JohnEdwa
Plort

Re: Beatrix, our four-foot rancher.

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:35 am

If this were to happen, then her hitbox which is about 50% taller than how much you think Beatrix is, otherwise it might cause some problems.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby JohnEdwa » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:42 pm

I did some testing and running around, and found the height I feel she should be: just barely short enough to fit under the Prickle Pear tree. Flying under the tree right now produces pretty much exactly the correct viewpoint.

Few other things that are roughly the same height as our rancher right now:
The fences on the ranch.

This structure in the Overgrowth that looks like you should fit under based on your height.

And finally, our heroine is pretty much exactly as tall as a happy largo.

EmeraldPlay wrote:If this were to happen, then her hitbox which is about 50% taller than how much you think Beatrix is, otherwise it might cause some problems.

As you can see in the Overgrowth example, our hitbox is already slightly taller than what we seem to be. The only thing I can see moving the camera up by 25% would mess up is when you are flying in the ceiling and look up as we are holding the gun in front of us - it would seem to clip to the ceiling.
JohnEdwa
Plort

Postby Raxel920 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:29 pm

corgi confirmed
Raxel920
Rancher

Return to General Discussion