the land of food

Share your original Slimepedia entries

the land of food

Postby dragonspy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:25 pm

the land of food is a new area that is only accessed by beating the game the land of food contains every piece of food in the game. to get to the land of food there is a teleporter behind the plort market machine.
dragonspy
Rancher

Re: the land of food

Postby Randomtangle » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:27 pm

sounds good.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby MisfortuneRising » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:01 pm

dragonspy wrote:the land of food is a new area that is only accessed by beating the game the land of food contains every piece of food in the game. to get to the land of food there is a teleporter behind the plort market machine.

Good idea but I don't think that the teleporter leading to The Land of Food should be so easy to access.
That's just my opinion! Great concept though! :D
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:16 am

I don't think this would make sense.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Randomtangle » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:23 am

Can every plant there be a plant that can give food, even tacti that don't normally give food?
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby dragonspy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:33 pm

Randomtangle wrote:Can every plant there be a plant that can give food, even tacti that don't normally give food?

I dont know what a tacti is
dragonspy
Rancher

Postby Randomtangle » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:09 pm

Look up potted tactus.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby Noggy05 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:58 pm

Woah, this would be quite OP unless there were some slimes or something (that don't produce plorts) be constantly guarding and/or eating the food.
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Thanks for three amazing years.
I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:45 pm

This makes literally no sense. Plants grow in their natural habitat, and the current zones are completely different in temperature, nutrietal value and layout.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby Randomtangle » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:36 am

We need tactus berries
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:36 am

Randomtangle wrote:We need tactus berries

Except.. tacti are.. cacti.
Not bushes.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby tyrantlemon55 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:22 pm

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:

Not bushes.

Actually, no. Tacti are based off of the saguaro cactus, found mainly in Mexico and the southern USA. Saguaro produce edible fruits, which are eaten by birds and locals. The more known type of cactus fruit is the one from the prickly pear cactus. Only problem, it's high on the cactus, but a vacpack solves that problem.
But I don't think the land of food makes much sense. After all, each zone in the Far, Far Range has a different climate and soil quality (i.e, Moss Blanket has soil and a tropical climate suited for trees, The Indigo Quarry has a mineral-rich soil and cold air, perfect for root vegetables, and the Glass Desert is dry, hot, but sometimes humid, leading to hardier plants and animals). Same goes for chickens and where they are found. The developers did a good job at climate and environmental science for each zone, so unless the Land of Food has micro-climates and mini-zones, I don't think it will work (boy did I go Jane Goodall on this post).
aw frick
tyrantlemon55
Rancher

Postby JasontheBasin » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:42 am

tyrantlemon55 wrote:

Not bushes.

Actually, no. Tacti are based off of the saguaro cactus, found mainly in Mexico and the southern USA. Saguaro produce edible fruits, which are eaten by birds and locals. The more known type of cactus fruit is the one from the prickly pear cactus. Only problem, it's high on the cactus, but a vacpack solves that problem.
But I don't think the land of food makes much sense. After all, each zone in the Far, Far Range has a different climate and soil quality (i.e, Moss Blanket has soil and a tropical climate suited for trees, The Indigo Quarry has a mineral-rich soil and cold air, perfect for root vegetables, and the Glass Desert is dry, hot, but sometimes humid, leading to hardier plants and animals). Same goes for chickens and where they are found. The developers did a good job at climate and environmental science for each zone, so unless the Land of Food has micro-climates and mini-zones, I don't think it will work (boy did I go Jane Goodall on this post).

Don't forget: We already have a prickly pear, which is different from the ones on a prickly pear cactus but we don't like having clones of food here
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby tyrantlemon55 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:26 pm

JasontheBasin wrote:
tyrantlemon55 wrote:

Not bushes.

Don't forget: We already have a prickly pear, which is different from the ones on a prickly pear cactus but we don't like having clones of food here

Prickle Pears grow on trees, but the point still stands; clones of food are a no-no.
aw frick
tyrantlemon55
Rancher

Return to Slime Design