Xbox One user

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Xbox One user

Postby JetMek21 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:17 pm

I have been playing this game since it was a free download on Xbox Live and I love this game. I noticed a few changes to the world, at least they feel like changes. The crops seem to mature a little bit faster, and they seem to be bigger, about every second or third crop. This isn't a bad thing mind you, except that I can't seem to keep up with them. If I go out into the world, by the time I come back most of the crop is ruined.
I have a few suggestions that I feel might make this problem, and a few others a little easier on us console players, since we can't utilize the same mods that the PC users can use.
One that I saw on another thread had a mod that increased the silo capacity up to 500. This is exactly what I was thinking, maybe even more. another one I thought about was making the food last a little bit longer before it rotted as well. I have the increased vac capacity, up to 100 so I really like that, but that even seems to be a little bit low as well or maybe let us keep the same thing in more than one slot.
Another one is that the resources are a little bit too scarce. I can't seem to find any Tangle slimes. I found a few when I burst the Gordo but almost as soon as I got them back to my farm they used their roots and ate Plorts of a different kind and turned into Tarrs and all of them turned before I had a chance to water them down. Now I can't seem to find any.
I'm not sure how many more levels of the 7ZEE Rewards Club there are but I am level 22 and gonna keep going but, how many are there? Also is there somewhere I can go to see my stats? Like how long have I played, I can see it's 167 days, according to the day counter on top of the screen, how many Plorts have I deposited....etc.
Anyway just a few thoughts. Thank you for this great game as well.
Oh I also was thinking about maybe you could be a little bit more specific on how many pieces of food the auto feeder spits out. Some corrals I have only a couple Largos, whereas others have more, but there are only three settings for dispensing food. maybe a few more settings for the number of slimes that are in corrals. I am also having a hard time keeping up with all the plorts that are being POOPED out when I feed them their favorite food.... I know this is a good problem to have, but it is nonetheless a problem.
JetMek21
Plort

Re: Xbox One user

Postby Calydor » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:18 am

7Zee Club goes to level 28.

Tangle Slimes are pretty much everywhere in the Glass Desert once you start bringing the water back, they shouldn't be hard to find at any oasis.
Calydor
Rancher

Postby TheLevens » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:56 am

Many of these things you’re mentioning are part of the fun of the game.
You’re a Slime Rancher and the ranch takes a lot of time to control the flow. For example: I have to make my rounds around the whole ranch before I venture off for a day of oden wilds or something else. I have a thread on this general discussion forum of what my ranch looks like. I have enough largo combinations to pretty much live off of and never really have to leave the ranch. Then I have 4 pens that are my end game money makers(mosiac+dervish and now one pen with mosiac+saber). I have 10 corals, 11 gardens, 3 coops, one incinerator, and one silo.
It might take awhile to build up speed, but once you do, it almost becomes second nature. But I do wish that the gardens had a Vac tank for storage.
Xbox1: The Levens
Watch me on Mixer if I’m on.
Day 300+
Z:28
+2,300,000U in the Bank
TheLevens
Rancher

Postby TheLevens » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:58 am

TheLevens wrote:http://xboxdvr.com/albums/3111

Here’s my Slime Ranch. Rate it, like it, love/hate it, and ask questions if any of it confuses you.
Day 300+
+2,300,000U in the Bank
TheLevens
Rancher

Postby Randomtangle » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:42 am

The fun is making largos.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby JetMek21 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:49 pm

I'm gonna have to try to capture my ranch. I've been actually thinking about rearranging mine to make it a little bit more user friendly. I have corrals all over the areas, as well as gardens all over as well, all spread out. TheLevens How did you get a saber back to your ranch, and aren't they already in largo form and mixed? I have only come across Hunter, Tabby, and Phosphorus ones.
JetMek21
Plort

Postby Randomtangle » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:02 am

I'm going through that too! I'm also filling up the retreat with only rock largos!
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:08 am

Randomtangle wrote:The fun is making largos.

If that was the only fun part of the game, it'd be called Slime Labs or something.
As Levens said, the point of the game is to ranch slimes, and ranching is never easy.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby Randomtangle » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:53 am

Okay.Largos are fun!
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby JetMek21 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:22 pm

Where do I find Tangle slimes? I think that is the last kind I need to get the Glass dessert to start growing again.
JetMek21
Plort

Postby TheLevens » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:52 pm

The glass desert. You have to bring the magical water to the plants for them to spawn.
Day 300+
+2,300,000U in the Bank
TheLevens
Rancher

Postby JetMek21 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:54 pm

Magical water???
I'm trying to bring the dessert back to life, and I need tangle plorts for the last garden to come back to life (unless I'm missing one) so I need the tangle slimes.

Well I figured out the Magical water. BUT every slime BUT the one I need came out?!?!?!?!
JetMek21
Plort

Postby Randomtangle » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:19 pm

Get painted hens on a gordo snare and you get a tangle gordo! (The only way I get them)
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby Calydor » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:59 am

From the entrance to the Glass Desert, hang right and you'll come to a narrow canyon with a natural bridge over the sea at the end. This leads into a large, somewhat circular area with an ancient temple in the middle, complete with, IIRC, a Gordo and a teleporter back home.

There are several spots here to water, and whenever I return here (got a teleporter back and forth for easy desert access) it's full of tangle slimes.
Calydor
Rancher

Postby Randomtangle » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:33 pm

Ah, Tangle Tower. Such beautiful buildings.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby Hina8012 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:17 pm

JetMek21 wrote:I'm gonna have to try to capture my ranch. I've been actually thinking about rearranging mine to make it a little bit more user friendly. I have corrals all over the areas, as well as gardens all over as well, all spread out. TheLevens How did you get a saber back to your ranch, and aren't they already in largo form and mixed? I have only come across Hunter, Tabby, and Phosphorus ones.

To get other sabor largo you have to feed a wild sabor chicken and collect their plots and give them to a desired slime to get a different sabor largo but make sure you have a bell made from the lab and placed near their corral as they will turn back ferral and the bell will calm them down
Hina8012
Chickadoo

Postby Randomtangle » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:07 pm

They don't turn feral unless they are hunter.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!