"the Soda Sea"

Share your original Slimepedia entries

"the Soda Sea"

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:57 pm

"the soda sea is lake isolated from the slime sea, over time it has accumulated A fizzy like taste, unlike the slime sea. any slime unadapted to the soda sea will slowly disintergrate inside of it, becoming a new flavour for the soda sea. in a way becoming a part of the lake."

New natural resources:

"Acidic water" (obtained through pump)

"Crystalized sugar" (obtained through drill)

"sugar water" (obtained through pump)

things exclusive to the soda sea

The sugar rush.

similar to how the glass desert has those firestorms. the soda sea has the surgar rush. Bubbles begin rushing out of the tiny "volcanos" and they begin to shoot out sharp shards of giant crystylized suger. unlike the glass desert, you are unable to hide and protect yourself. during this "sugar rush" slimes begin to act extremly feral and active. they begin to pursue you, the player and the giant sugar crystals. (you can suck the sugar crystals in, some of them will shatter. and turn into "sugar" while others will be collected as "Crystalized sugar")

Slimes found in the soda sea

"Sugar Cane slime"

Diet: minerals

favourite: crystalized sugar

slimeology:
Unlike most slimes this slime has a hard outer surface, this allows them to sink down to the bottom of the lake where as other slimes would just float up to the surface. this coat of armor not only allows it to reach its food source, but it protects it from the acidic waters of the soda sea. although this is a curse out of water. as they are unable to jump and must roll around. when put into freshwater. the slimes coating soon begins to dilute. until it gets smaller and smaller. before disapearing its diet is also another strange thing.

rancher risks:

Due to their habitat & lifestyle. they are unable to live in ponds and corrals. instead they must be put into Tanks, they are hardy slimes. being able to withstand some amounts of freshwater. though tank water must be monitered. to make sure you have enough sugar water inside of the tank. to maintain their coat.

Plortonomics:

Said to be the tasiest candy to ever be made. candy cane slimes are saught after. they are said to increase mobility and energize you, though something like this would have some downside. candy cane slimes have a black market after them. run by people dubbed "canddicts" also known as candy addicts.

plort value: 120

"Fizz-e slime"

diet: vegetables

favourite: ICY-weed

slimeology:

The Fizz-e Slime (also known as the Pop Slimes) are a species of slime found in the soda sea. they are typically excited and full of life, feasting on the bounty of ICY-weed in the soda sea. they are a docile species. but, when frightened they are not afraid to Quickly Swim away. leaving behind a array of bubbles, typically confusing the predator.

Rancher risks:

Due to their ecstatic and energetic behaviour. it is advised you have tougher walls for your aquarium. and a hood to make sure they do not hop out. they require mantainance of their aquarium. they are not the hardiest of slimes. but they are not the most fragile. give them good sugar water parameters and you will not have any problems

Plortonomics:

ever wanted to just sitback. and make your own fizzy drink? now you can. just add in one Fizz-E plort and you instantly have a nice and refreshing soda.

plort value: 150

Glass slimes:

diet: Sunlight

slimeology:

As their name suggests. they are glass. a close relative of the mosaic slimes. they share many similar features. but unlike the mosaic slime. they do not shine as bright, or live on land. these slimes casually float in the soda sea. not to high up, they dislike basking in the sun . not to low on the ground, but right in the middle. they prefer the calm silence. and luke warm tempature of the middle

rancher risks:

These slimes require Pristeen water conditions. a few steps in the wrong direction and CRACK! they've shattered into a million pieces.

plortonomics:

Crystal, clear. is what one man shouted as he created a new type of glass. "Crystal Clear" the most clear glass to ever have exsisted, its invisible to the naked eye.

plort value: 200

"ICY-weed"

food type: Vegetable

"Well someones gotta make sure that this soda is cold" is what nature probably thought when they created the ICY-weed."

favoured by: Fizz-e Slime

De end
all credit for drawing the Crystal slime belongs to Hachiseiko.

And remember kids. Stay in school and don't do drugs.

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Re: "the Soda Sea"

Postby tyrantlemon55 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:11 pm

Sweet idea. Pun not intended
aw frick
tyrantlemon55
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:46 pm

Nice idea.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:49 am

Nice. If I jump in it, will I be able to bathe in the carbonated liquid?
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby JasontheBasin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:40 am

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:Nice. If I jump in it, will I be able to bathe in the carbonated liquid?

no your corpse will rot away due to the acidicy of the water
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby Crafter1300 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:59 am

EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crafter Out (This was written 4 years ago but I'll keep it)
Crafter1300
Rancher

Return to Slime Design