"free range" ranching tools

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

"free range" ranching tools

Postby ottermeat » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:06 am

[TL;DR: id like science/utility tools to harvest wild slimes' plorts easier]

These days, the public is more discerning than ever as to where their plorts come from, and rightfully so! As such, ive made it my mission to ensure all my plorts are "Impossibly Ethical™" and "Happy Slime Guarantee™" premium plorts, gained from wild or Free Range*™ slimes. What i could use in my highly profitabl-i mean my highly noble quest is the tools to harvest these All Natural™ plorts more effectively.
goofs aside ,specifically what i think would be nice is standalone 360' degree plort collectors and possibly feeders, as a buildable utility via the slime science lab. these would help greatly reduce time spent vacuuming plorts off the ground in my slime filled grotto and overgrowth, which is kinda tedious. (sorry if this post has been brought up before, if you link a thread talking about this ill remove it)
ottermeat
Plort

Re: "free range" ranching tools

Postby BenceTheGreat » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:42 am

Sounds awesome!
BenceTheGreat
Plort

Postby GARRthePIRATE » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:15 am

I like this! The road map says that they will be adding drones to help with some of the labor long term. I wonder if that includes picking up free range plorts?
GARRthePIRATE
Chickadoo

Postby ottermeat » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:16 pm

GARRthePIRATE wrote:I like this! The road map says that they will be adding drones to help with some of the labor long term. I wonder if that includes picking up free range plorts?

maybe, but imagine trying to slurp plorts out of a moving drone buzzing around :I
ottermeat
Plort

Postby PrismSlime » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:54 pm

well it's likely a slime science gadget. which means it'll need to be placed on a gadget spot. so it'd probably have a station to sit at when idle where you can manually empty its inventory.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby GARRthePIRATE » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:30 pm

Shameful self-promoting plug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQQDhG8b50E&t=97s

Technically this isnt in the game.. but it is profitable and "free range"

TBH I think this version of free range is more unethical than a corral.
GARRthePIRATE
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion