I have an extra slime key?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

I have an extra slime key?

Postby Meta » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:26 am

I have only 1 vault left and have opened every door in every section and will have 1 slime key left over. Is that on purpose or is this some sort of glitch or mistake? Anyone else have this? (I have 2 keys right now, will be 1 when I open my last vault)
Meta
Plort

Re: I have an extra slime key?

Postby FoxyBoxes » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:19 am

Every door?
The one off of the ranch expansion? The... three? In the Moss Blanket? Etc.
FoxyBoxes
Rancher

Postby Twerps3 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:59 am

how long have you had this save file, if from 0.3.1 or before, you might have popped the tabby gordo before there was a island to go to, thus getting the slime key under, then after 0.3.1 and in 0.3.6 the arch island was added. and the teleporter would be under, since you've already popped the tabby gordo

- The tabby gordo on the beach behind the Overgrowth no longer drops a slime key. Instead it provides a teleporter to the ring island. Keys acquired from this gordo previously should now be considered ultimately useless trinkets or priceless collectibles that make you a better person for owning them, depending on your perspective.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3230
(6th "change" down)

also, the moss blanket has 2, one leading in, and to the ruins
the third would be a hobson door
Hi

- SECRET!
Twerps3
Rancher

Postby Shtaan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:35 am

3 Vaults.
1 to Ring Beach
1 to Quarry
1 to Moss Blanket
1 to the Slime gate in quarry
1 to the Slime gate in Moss blanket
1 in the ancient ruins to the desert
1 in the Tangle Slime area in the desert
1 in the rock slime area in the desert
1 in the side area in the desert
Shtaan
Plort

Postby Meta » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:45 pm

Twerps3 wrote:how long have you had this save file, if from 0.3.1 or before, you might have popped the tabby gordo before there was a island to go to, thus getting the slime key under, then after 0.3.1 and in 0.3.6 the arch island was added. and the teleporter would be under, since you've already popped the tabby gordo

- The tabby gordo on the beach behind the Overgrowth no longer drops a slime key. Instead it provides a teleporter to the ring island. Keys acquired from this gordo previously should now be considered ultimately useless trinkets or priceless collectibles that make you a better person for owning them, depending on your perspective.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3230
(6th "change" down)

also, the moss blanket has 2, one leading in, and to the ruins
the third would be a hobson door

This is 100% the reason! Wow! Thanks so much! It's my first ever and only save that was made well over a year, maybe even longer, ago. So cool to know I have a special novelty haha
Meta
Plort

Return to General Discussion