Vac Pack Expansions

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Vac Pack Expansions

Postby Carly210 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:57 pm

I keep finding it inconvenient that we can't suck more items of the same type into our vac packs past 50. I like farming a lot of honey slimes si ce they're pretty harmless and their food is easy to retrieve. When I farm slimes I usually end up with 200+ plorts and it's pretty time consuming to run back and fourth for only 50 plorts. It would be awesome if we could get a Vac pack expansion so we can either have 100 carry capacity per slot or an expansion to carry the same items in more than 1 slot. Even if it's upgraded like 2500 = opens to carry the same item in 2 slots instead of 1! Pretty much anything is better than running back and fourth with only 50 items be it food or plorts.
Carly210
Plort

Re: Vac Pack Expansions

Postby akkamaddi » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:51 pm

There is a 7Zee update that expands your vac pack size to 100 units per slot. Having that is great.

I do agree that it would be nice to allow the same item in multiple slots.
akkamaddi
Rancher

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:47 pm

the thing is. starting the game and being able to hold 80 pink plorts seems a bit overpowered. . . dont you think? and then whats next? 400 gold plots? your vacpack is meant to act that way. that way you gotta strategize and plan. organise your inventory. etc but. if the upgrade was lategame. i guess it could work out??
all credit for drawing the Crystal slime belongs to Hachiseiko.

And remember kids. Stay in school and don't do drugs.

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Postby Carly210 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:46 pm

TurtleDuDe48 wrote:the thing is. starting the game and being able to hold 80 pink plorts seems a bit overpowered. . . dont you think? and then whats next? 400 gold plots? your vacpack is meant to act that way. that way you gotta strategize and plan. organise your inventory. etc but. if the upgrade was lategame. i guess it could work out??

I do agree it would be op to start but maybe it could be unlocked through certain goals like with the treasure crackers. Something like "buy all lab blue prints" and that would unlock 2 spots for the same item. Then maybe "complete 150 trades" unlocks 3 spots and then something really hard to achieve for the 4th spot
Carly210
Plort

Postby akkamaddi » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:32 pm

What Carly said. I like their idea, and I agree with you. It would be best for a later-game update.

As for "400 gold plorts", well, you can clear out a vault in two trips, or put a market/refinery link near the vault. By the time you reach the vault and hit the endgame, I don't think clearing a vault in on trip would be something overpowered.

This could also be nerfed a bit so that additional inventory slots holding an item glow read and only hold half as much, and perhaps

Otherwise, I don't see much difference on collecting 400 gold plorts on one trip or four. Something I learned a while back was to make a market and refinery link, and place one when exploring as needed to clear inventory. I try to move plorts or extracted items out of my inventory as quickly as possible this way.

I'm also wondering how you find 400 gold plorts outside a vault. Gold slimes only appear around me when I don't have any food. (The exception being The Great Gilded Ginger Mishap.)
akkamaddi
Rancher

Return to General Discussion