Frightening Tarr

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Frightening Tarr

Postby matsaman » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:36 am

Just FYI:

Your game is obviously super fun & awesome. My girlfriend and I both really like it, and our four-year-old really, really likes it, except... when she sees a Tarr, she becomes rather terrified and immediately asks to play something else. This feeling does not wear off; she's clearly dreading a Tarr's return.

I feel like if you even had just an option in the preferences, or at the game start ("Easy" vs "Hard"? "Little Adventurers" vs "Grown Adventurers"?), to have something less ghoulish-faced in place of the Tarr, that would do the trick. I think the game dynamic would work the same with something else that ate slimes just the same, but without being so monstrous in appearance. Perhaps a creature whose face evoked pure insane (goofy but still obnoxious) hunger alone, and not the more ravenous evil devouring that the present Tarr appearance does.

2¢! / Thanks, keep up the good work!
matsaman
Plort

Re: Frightening Tarr

Postby EmeraldPlay » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:55 am

Casual Mode is coming in an future update (1.1.0) in which Tarrs don't exist, so you'll have to wait for it.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby SnailsAttack » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:35 am

[quote="matsaman"Perhaps a creature whose face evoked pure insane (goofy but still obnoxious) hunger alone, and not the more ravenous evil devouring that the present Tarr appearance does.[/quote]

that's way more terrifying what are you talking about
SnailsAttack
Rancher

Postby matsaman » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:45 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:Casual Mode is coming in an future update (1.1.0) in which Tarrs don't exist, so you'll have to wait for it.

Lovely, thanks!
matsaman
Plort

Return to General Discussion