Random Events

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Random Events

Postby SnailsAttack » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:00 pm

I think it'd be neat if each area had a random event of some sort. Here's some of the ideas I had.

- Rain
It's been suggested a bunch of times, but rain would be really cool. Maybe a unique slime could spawn during it.

- Torrential Rain
The Moss Blanket will occasionally experience hurricane-like weather during normal rainstorms. (but not always) Visibility will be severely reduced, and all the slimes will appear scared. They will last only a minute or so.

- Earthquakes
The Indigo Quarry will sometimes experience an earthquake, occurring about as common and lasting as long as the Glass Desert fire storms. During an earthquake, the player's screen will appear to shake, and magma may erupt from certain spots in the ground. Slimes may also pop out of the ground in places they wouldn't usually appear.

- Quantum Disruptions
The Ruins may sometimes experience an event where the sky darkens, and yellow bolts of lightning strike the ground. Portals open that spawn large quantities of slimes, plorts, tarrs, or even slime science resources.

And that's all I've got for now. I didn't go too far into the details of how it would work.
SnailsAttack
Rancher

Re: Random Events

Postby GameOver2017 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:07 am

Maybe Puddle Slimes could spawn in rains. Rare for normal rain, common for torrential.
What you looking at
GameOver2017
Chickadoo

Postby Twerps3 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:52 pm

I think wind storms would be cool in the dry reef, maybe with rocks or sand that Flys at you and harms you?
Hi

- SECRET!
Twerps3
Rancher

Postby CoconutKeith » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:49 am

I actually really like these ideas. I thinks slime rancher needs something to make the game just a bit harder. I think exploring all of these lands should come with danger and risk. I want to fear for sand storms and hurricanes, I want to run for cover from such dangers. But I also want to be rewarded for taking risks. I want to capture slimes that can only be found in these situations, but I want to take risks. I want there to be danger. I want to run from more deadly tarr and duck inside giant, empty logs in the moss blanket to take cover from the hurricanes. Thats all, sorry.
I'm tired :D

-CoconutKeith
CoconutKeith
Rancher

Return to General Discussion