New Area & Slime Idea

Share your original Slimepedia entries

New Area & Slime Idea

Postby tyrantlemon55 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:54 pm

The Screeching Tundra

A frosted land of stone and ice.

The Screeching Tundra is a harsh, cold land where only the toughest slimes can bear to live. Ice and Steel slimes forage around in the snow and stones for their food, Hunter slimes seek out the few chickens available, and Deep slimes swim in the few hot springs. The lack of trees and the sparse patches of fertile soil lead to the native Frostberries and Ore Ginger being few and far between.

Cost: One slime key

Details: The Screeching Tundra is a hilly land with few trees and assorted vegetables scattered around. Despite sounding harsh, it's about as hard to traverse as the Moss Blanket. Slimes are not commonly found, except for Ice, Steel, and Pink slimes. At the hot springs periodically located around the areas though, chickens will spawn, and Hunters will come following. Sizing-wise, it's about as big as the Indigo Quarry.

New Slimes:

Iron Slimes: I'd call them Sir Cumference.
Diet: Veggies
Favorite: Ore Ginger
Slimeology:
Iron slimes are like the knights of old, defending other slimes from Tarr and sometimes knocking a plort away from a Largo slime. Nobody knows where this odd behavior comes from, though one theory is that they always acted like this, and the knights of old were inspired by them. Though this is a bad theory since nobody even knows HOW a lone slime would even make it 1,000 light-years from the planet to Earth, let alone have the good timing to land in the late Dark Ages.
Rancher Risks:
Iron Slimes will launch themselves in danger's way to protect other slimes, but this does more harm than good (seeing as they get eaten by Tarr and the plort still ending up in the mouth of a hungry Largo). When charging into "battle", they often will run into other slimes and the unfortunate rancher who happens to be in their way, leading to some accidents. It's a nice sentiment though.
Plortonomics:
Iron Plorts contain huge amounts of iron, allowing more steel to be made, allowing Earth's infrastructure and cities to grow at an advanced rate. Plus if you eat one, your eyes turn red, which is a pretty cool party trick.
Appearance:
A gray slime with a small, sliver horn with black holes on it. It also carries around a stick by its side at all times, which it brandishes at Tarr.

Ice Slimes: These guys know how to stay cool.
Diet: Fruit
Favorite: Frostberry
Slimeology:
Ice slimes are frosty slimes common all over the tundra. They group up in packs, hiding from the sun, foraging for fallen berries, and overall leading a quiet life. They are docile, but staying near one will considerably slow you. The poor things can't even stand half an hour in the sunlight of anywhere but the tundra before melting into water.
Rancher Risks:
Ice slimes will melt if not placed in a corral with a Solar Shield. Additonally, spending time near one will make you slower, leading you for an easier target. Water also instantly vaporizes them.
Plortonomics:
Global warming is a thing of the past with wind turbines blowing wind into large banks of these plorts, which blow cool air for miles on end. Plus, melting them provides a strange liquid capable of producing energy for running said turbines. Cheap climate control!
Appearance:
Ice slimes have an icicle protruding from their forehead and multiple more sticking out from its back. They are baby blue and have a small layer of snow atop them.

Deep Slime: Likes to speak meaningful truths about life.
Diet: Water
Favorite Food: None
Slimeology:
Deep slimes are aquatic slimes that spend their lives motionless, just chilling there. They are rooted to the ground, and can't move at all. They won't even try to get into water, if shot out of a vacpack upon land.
Rancher Risks:
Not much to worry about, but they will count to the five-slime per pond count, and puddle slimes seem off-put by them, producing less plorts when they're around. Additionally, they will drag you near them if agitated, which isn't harmful so much as annoying.
Appearance: A cobalt-colored slime with a puddle slime-like body. Has a small fin atop its head.

Resources:
Frostberries: It's ice to eat them.
Favored by: Ice Slimes
About:
Frostberries are famed for their mild, subtle sweetness that comes out when you steam the berries. Moss grows on the berries, but picking it off reveals one of the best fruits you'll ever eat.
Appearance: Like holly, only light blue and there is moss on one of the berries.

Ore Ginger: They're rooting for you.
Favored by: Iron Slimes
About:
Ore ginger has developed a tactic to protect itself from the hungry slimes of the tundra: intense, burning, flavor. However, this has backfired against it, as the slimes don't seem to mind, with the Iron slimes even craving the flavor.
Appearance: A grey ginger with tan chunks sticking out of it.

Metal node: Totally meta- wait, we already used that one, Nick.
Favored by: Not slime food
About:
Metal ore is a conglomerate of various metals found in the tundra, especially iron and cobalt. Its weak molecular structure allows for the elements that make it to be easily deconstructed.
Appearance: Grey, with blue and tan chunks along with speckles of green, silver, and red.

Powder Snow Snow much fun to throw.
About:
Powder Snow is a special snow that is so loosely packed that it feels more like a liquid. It's an advanced catalyst, but it's just snow mixed with slime.
Appearance: A sphere bottle with pure white snow inside.

Honey Icicle You don't want this falling on your head.
About:
Honey Icicles are simply put, just hexagonal icicles of honey. Bees in the tundra don't live in hives for some odd reason, so honey icicles are easy to gather.
Appearance: A long, hexagonal, amber-colored tube of honey.

What I need: Pics, new Slime science decor, location
Last edited by tyrantlemon55 on Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
aw frick
tyrantlemon55
Rancher

Re: New Area & Slime Idea

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:58 am

Nice ideas! It's one of the better ice zone ideas I've read.
Welcome to the forums.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby JasontheBasin » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:18 pm

"wait, we already used that one, Nick"

lmao
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby tyrantlemon55 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:19 pm

I had a wisecracking, pun-loving teacher, so that's where I get it from.
aw frick
tyrantlemon55
Rancher

Postby WafflesnBacon » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:30 pm

I made the slimes and materials you thought of in Google Drawings! It's somewhat of a rough sketch, but hopefully it will be fine with you. Hopefully.

Deep Slime: http://prntscr.com/fto2ia
Frostberry: http://prntscr.com/fto3ul
Honey Icicle: http://prntscr.com/fto3mk
Ice Slime (found on internet): http://prntscr.com/fto3db
Iron Slime: http://prntscr.com/fto4a8
Metal Node: http://prntscr.com/fto505
Ore Ginger: http://prntscr.com/fto4iq
Powder Snow: http://prntscr.com/fto4rd

Let me know if you need anything! I'm always happy to help.
Some may say that the meaning of life is 42, but the truth is...
life is more than just a word.

Try looking up 'Pink Slime' and you'll get a result saying it's food, as well as one in a grinder... :'(
WafflesnBacon
Plort

Postby tyrantlemon55 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:56 pm

Thank you! They are amazing.
aw frick
tyrantlemon55
Rancher

Postby Flamechar33 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:37 am

Great ideas! I like the iron slimes being 'anti-tarr' yet failing terribly. At least they try.
Also, would they not actively eat plorts unless one is shot into their mouth?
You can use any of my slimes without permission, but please refer back to me!
My Slime Art is Here!
Note: New slime art page coming in the future.
Flamechar33
Rancher

Postby tyrantlemon55 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:24 am

Flamechar33 wrote:Great ideas! I like the iron slimes being 'anti-tarr' yet failing terribly. At least they try.

Yes, Iron slimes will only knock away plorts should they be near a Largo, but otherwise will eat them. However, they will not eat a plort as a Largo unless it is near them or they are starved.
aw frick
tyrantlemon55
Rancher

Postby Flamechar33 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:23 am

tyrantlemon55 wrote:
Flamechar33 wrote:Great ideas! I like the iron slimes being 'anti-tarr' yet failing terribly. At least they try.

Yes, Iron slimes will only knock away plorts should they be near a Largo, but otherwise will eat them. However, they will not eat a plort as a Largo unless it is near them or they are starved.

So you can use iron slime/iron slime largos in pens to attempt to stop tarr breakouts. Probably only works if only 1 other type of slime is in the same pen as the Iron slime though.
You can use any of my slimes without permission, but please refer back to me!
My Slime Art is Here!
Note: New slime art page coming in the future.
Flamechar33
Rancher

Postby tyrantlemon55 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:48 am

Flamechar33 wrote:
tyrantlemon55 wrote:

So you can use iron slime/iron slime largos in pens to attempt to stop tarr breakouts. Probably only works if only 1 other type of slime is in the same pen as the Iron slime though.

Probably not, seeing as plorts don't go through walls and Iron Largos will still eat the plort if it is near them.
aw frick
tyrantlemon55
Rancher

Postby Nonesuchriver » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:51 am

Nice Ideas!! I like them
Although one thing,the Ice Slime, not that its name is bad, maybe a name like Frost Slime, or Shiver Slime might sound better, but hey these are your ideas. There pretty cool!
Nonesuchriver
Plort

Return to Slime Design