General Upgrades to Game

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

General Upgrades to Game

Postby WafflesnBacon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:46 am

Hello! This is my first post on the forum so far. Today, I would like to discuss some things in Slime Rancher that can/should be added to said game to improve it in many different areas. I tried to do this once before with Nintendo, and let's just say... They didn't take too kindly to it. Below is my list of optimal additions to our beloved game:

- Plort Collectors for Ponds, and Incinerators with Ash Trays.
- Air Drive Ultra
- Jetpack Tank Upgrade (Allows you to ascend higher than current height)
- Slime Nametags
- Slime Tracker (Finds nearby slimes that the player has set)
- Invisible wall above Refinery, player and items can become stuck there.
- Mobile Plort Collector (Like teleporters, it may only be placed once)
- Glass Tower decoration
- Fix waterfall in The Docks.
- Change pod on Mustache Island from Purple to Green.
- Something that allows you to temporarily hold Gold and Lucky Slimes (for #1 Slime Stages)
- Add an additional plot on the hill in The Overgrowth.
- A food that is created via Slime Science that is every Slime's favorite food (Gilded Ginger?)

And that's it for now. If you have any questions, comments, or things you would like to add, please let me know!

Thanks so much,
WafflesnBacon 7/7/17
Some may say that the meaning of life is 42, but the truth is...
life is more than just a word.

Try looking up 'Pink Slime' and you'll get a result saying it's food, as well as one in a grinder... :'(
WafflesnBacon
Plort

Re: General Upgrades to Game

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:51 am

Here's my humble (ish) opinion.
1. The whole point is that you have to go and collect the plorts. Otherwise ponds become money machines since they're self-filling, and fire plorts and slimes lose their danger.
2 and 3. Overpowered and make certain obstacles pointless.
4. Sort of pointless, but I can see why you would want them. 50/50 here.
5. Overpowered and unnecessary.
6. ..Why?
7. Overpowered and makes the game far too easy.
8. Not exactly sure why, but the more decorations the better.
9. Fix what about it? It works perfectly well.
10. The Moustache is not that significant, but then again... moustaches. Full support.
11. Overpowered and makes the game far too easy.
12. Honestly pointless. There are plenty of plots there.
13. Gilded Ginger is the gold slime's favourite/taming food, and should be very rare is obtainable at all.

Welcome to the forums, by the way.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby WafflesnBacon » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:10 am

So, that's two and half things you agree with... I need some work. XD. I did forget to mention one thing, a T.A.R (Tarr Alert Radio) that will alert you if a Tarr is nearby..? I also don't like the fact that you have to place 100 gadgets to get the Purple Treasure Pod, I'm currently on day 303 and still dont have the Purple Treasure Cracker, though I know that's not an issue for most.

Try looking up 'Pink Slime' and you'll get a result saying it's food, as well as one in a grinder... :'(
WafflesnBacon
Plort

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:15 am

OoOh. The T.A.R seems fun. Perhaps I could recommend another name to avoid confusion?
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby WafflesnBacon » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:44 am

Do what you must!

WafflesnBacon
Plort

Postby Virukino » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:03 am

WafflesnBacon wrote:So, that's two and half things you agree with... I need some work. XD. I did forget to mention one thing, a T.A.R (Tarr Alert Radio) that will alert you if a Tarr is nearby..? I also don't like the fact that you have to place 100 gadgets to get the Purple Treasure Pod, I'm currently on day 303 and still dont have the Purple Treasure Cracker, though I know that's not an issue for most.

You don't have to place 100, you have to build 100. Pretty sure.
Virukino
Chickadoo

Postby duskflower » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:32 am

Virukino wrote:
WafflesnBacon wrote:So, that's two and half things you agree with... I need some work. XD. I did forget to mention one thing, a T.A.R (Tarr Alert Radio) that will alert you if a Tarr is nearby..? I also don't like the fact that you have to place 100 gadgets to get the Purple Treasure Pod, I'm currently on day 303 and still dont have the Purple Treasure Cracker, though I know that's not an issue for most.

I'm pretty sure it's cycles, actually, so you don't have to do as much building - just hit the max amount of extractors and do regular checkups on them to empty and start a new cycle.
duskflower
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:27 pm

duskflower wrote:
Virukino wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's cycles, actually, so you don't have to do as much building - just hit the max amount of extractors and do regular checkups on them to empty and start a new cycle.

The devs said about the cycles thing in a tweet that it isn't required for the treasure cracker MKIII, since they want players to use other gadgets too.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby SnailsAttack » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:30 pm

WafflesnBacon wrote:- Change pod on Mustache Island from Purple to Green.

mustache island?

Anyways, I like these most of ideas. Not sure about the one for gilded ginger, though.
SnailsAttack
Rancher

Return to General Discussion