Land Before Slime [roleplay]

Community discussion unrelated to Slime Rancher

Land Before Slime [roleplay]

Postby kittymeowkub » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:22 pm

Story: In the future, the first humans (and other life forms?) prepare to board the spacecraft going to Planet Slime (not yet called Planet Slime because Slimes have not been discovered yet. It's currently called "Planet 5XG"). Three rovers went to this planet and sent evidence of life back to earth -- water, possibly bacteria, and this unknown substance (slime, but we don't know that yet). This RP starts several hours pre-boarding. Characters at the beginning start out either on earth or the international space station, where the spacecraft will make a stop before going to Planet 5XG.

Note: even though it's called Land Before Slime, there will be Slimes!

Rules:
Do not make your character overpowered or perfect.
Try to not create too many characters.
If you're talking outside of the roleplay, indicate it with brackets [example], and be kind and respectful.

Copy and Paste with your character's details:
Name:
Species (Human recommended. You cannot be a slime.):
Appearance:
Personality:
Other features/abilities (Optional):
Goals and motivations (Optional):
Fears and dislikes (Optional):
Likes (Optional):
Anything else (Optional):
Check out my slime rancher comics and sometimes other stuff on my Tumblr.
No alpacas allowed!
kittymeowkub
Rancher

Re: Land Before Slime [roleplay]

Postby kittymeowkub » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:40 pm

Name: Johnson
Job/Jobs (Optional): Mission control (on earth-he is a ground control team member who communicates with astronauts and other team members on spacecrafts.), researcher.
Species (Human recommended. You cannot be a slime.):Human
Appearance: pale skin, dark brown hair in a crew cut, green eyes, short.
Personality: cheerful but cynical at the same time. Doesn't expect much from this mission.
Other features/abilities (Optional):
Goals and motivations (Optional): He is in the mission control job because he doesn't want to risk someone else doing it badly. He knows that's unlikely, but he doesn't want to risk it.
Fears and dislikes (Optional): Fears that humans will contaminate Planet 5XG
Likes (Optional): He likes being a researcher.
Anything else (Optional): Age 42
No alpacas allowed!
kittymeowkub
Rancher

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:40 am

This wouldn't work in my version of the SR timeline, so I'll have to imagine it as a parallel. To Planet Zephyr!
Name: Ci Srtyf
Job/Jobs (Optional): Official Representative of The Great and All-Ruling Reformed Empire of France
Species (Human recommended. You cannot be a slime.): Human.
Appearance: Human.
Personality: VERY human. Lots of stupidity and war.
Other features/abilities (Optional): French.
Goals and motivations (Optional): To make "peace" (war) with the Planet's nonexistent natives.
Fears and dislikes (Optional): Anything that isn't a French person.
Likes (Optional): The Great and All-Ruling Reformed Empire of France.
Anything else (Optional): Expect lots of guns.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby RowletAlex » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:26 pm

Ok, here's mine. If I don't respond in time, just go on without me until I can return, and just say I went somewhere to analyze something.
Name: Alex LeBeau
Job: Marine Biologist/Xenobiologist (was chosen as the lead biologist for this expedition)
Species: Homo sapiens (human, duh)
Appearance: Has a rather dark tan, is often sunburned. Has sky-blue hair. Relatively tall, but not extremely impressive in any physical aspects.
Personality: Excitable, loves nature, loathes dams. Loves food, especially certain fruits.
Other features/abilities: Skilled with taxonomy, and can understand wild animals really well.
Goals/motivations: To discover new species and name them after his loved ones, and stop many species from extinction.
Fears/dislikes: Dams, destruction of nature, bad leaders, stuff like that. (He collectively refers to them all with a curseword that also means poop)
Likes: Jane Goodall, all of nature, his pets, and eating purple mangosteens.
Other: Is working on an invention meant for deep sea travel that allows a biologist to vacuum up animals and other objects and shoot them out without harming them. He calls it a Vaccum Pack.
I. HAVE. RETURNED.

All ur chikkins r belong to bOB

“Oh give me a home, where the tree-foxes roam...”
RowletAlex
Rancher

Postby kittymeowkub » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:33 pm

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:This wouldn't work in my version of the SR timeline, so I'll have to imagine it as a parallel. To Planet Zephyr!
Name: Ci Srtyf
Job/Jobs (Optional): Official Representative of The Great and All-Ruling Reformed Empire of France
Species (Human recommended. You cannot be a slime.): Human.
Appearance: Human.
Personality: VERY human. Lots of stupidity and war.
Other features/abilities (Optional): French.
Goals and motivations (Optional): To make "peace" (war) with the Planet's nonexistent natives.
Fears and dislikes (Optional): Anything that isn't a French person.
Likes (Optional): The Great and All-Ruling Reformed Empire of France.
Anything else (Optional): Expect lots of guns.

Great! (and how French are you exactly?)
No alpacas allowed!
kittymeowkub
Rancher

Postby kittymeowkub » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:33 pm

RowletAlex wrote:Ok, here's mine. If I don't respond in time, just go on without me until I can return, and just say I went somewhere to analyze something.
Name: Alex LeBeau
Job: Marine Biologist/Xenobiologist (was chosen as the lead biologist for this expedition)
Species: Homo sapiens (human, duh)
Appearance: Has a rather dark tan, is often sunburned. Has sky-blue hair. Relatively tall, but not extremely impressive in any physical aspects.
Personality: Excitable, loves nature, loathes dams. Loves food, especially certain fruits.
Other features/abilities: Skilled with taxonomy, and can understand wild animals really well.
Goals/motivations: To discover new species and name them after his loved ones, and stop many species from extinction.
Fears/dislikes: Dams, destruction of nature, bad leaders, stuff like that. (He collectively refers to them all with a curseword that also means poop)
Likes: Jane Goodall, all of nature, his pets, and eating purple mangosteens.
Other: Is working on an invention meant for deep sea travel that allows a biologist to vacuum up animals and other objects and shoot them out without harming them. He calls it a Vaccum Pack.

Approved!
No alpacas allowed!
kittymeowkub
Rancher

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:57 am

kittymeowkub wrote:Great! (and how French are you exactly?)

Je suis TRES français. TRES.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:58 am

Et ou, je vais parler en français.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby bobschicken » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:30 pm

Name: Tesla V.5
Job/Jobs (Optional): Robotic Assistant
Species (Human recommended. You cannot be a slime.): Robot
Appearance: Has a very skeletal frame with all the components under it protected by light sheets of armor, the face is simply a circular monitor with some armor platings and weldings to it With some sensors on it.
Personality: By taking a brain scan of a baby, running it in a complex physics sim and using programs to train it to be a jack of all trades, It's generally nice and helpful, but also likes to joke and be sarcastic.
Other features/abilities (Optional): Being a robot, it's able to interface with technology and repair itself
Goals and motivations (Optional): have a sucsessful mission, assist the crew, Follow it's laws
Fears and Dislikes (Optional): Breaking it's laws, failing the mission,
Likes (Optional):
Anything else (Optional): To put it clear, Tesla is semi-sentient, Not only is it bound by laws that make it unable to revolt against the crew, (that can be tinkered with!) it's has also been trained to remain constintly loyal with it's crew and assist them via "Alterations" in the physics sim. (That can also be tinkered with!)
I can S.P.L.A.T into action!

I thank Hachiseiko for my (First) Avatar
Cactuses are cool now.
bobschicken
Rancher

Postby kittymeowkub » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:17 pm

bobschicken wrote:Name: Tesla V.5
Job/Jobs (Optional): Robotic Assistant
Species (Human recommended. You cannot be a slime.): Robot
Appearance: Has a very skeletal frame with all the components under it protected by light sheets of armor, the face is simply a circular monitor with some armor platings and weldings to it With some sensors on it.
Personality: By taking a brain scan of a baby, running it in a complex physics sim and using programs to train it to be a jack of all trades, It's generally nice and helpful, but also likes to joke and be sarcastic.
Other features/abilities (Optional): Being a robot, it's able to interface with technology and repair itself
Goals and motivations (Optional): have a sucsessful mission, assist the crew, Follow it's laws
Fears and Dislikes (Optional): Breaking it's laws, failing the mission,
Likes (Optional):
Anything else (Optional): To put it clear, Tesla is semi-sentient, Not only is it bound by laws that make it unable to revolt against the crew, (that can be tinkered with!) it's has also been trained to remain constintly loyal with it's crew and assist them via "Alterations" in the physics sim. (That can also be tinkered with!)

Accepted!
No alpacas allowed!
kittymeowkub
Rancher

Postby kittymeowkub » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:26 pm

I'm hoping we can start this in the next couple of days. If anyone else wants to join after we start, it's fine. We can have multiple ships to Planet 5XG or other ways of getting there etc.
No alpacas allowed!
kittymeowkub
Rancher

Postby GameOver2017 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:52 am

Eh, why not?

Name: Cristian Knapp
Job/Jobs (Optional): Ship's Security Guard
Species (Human recommended. You cannot be a slime.): Human
Appearance: A tall, rather thin human male, with brown eyes and dark hair.
Personality: He is hard-working, always focused on his job, and cares about the people around him.
Other features/abilities (Optional): Yields a Mark I "Crossfire" Laser Rifle, as the planet could be filled with hostile fauna.
Goals and motivations (Optional): Protect the crew.
Fears and dislikes (Optional): Fears losing his family.
Likes (Optional): Play with his guitar.
Anything else (Optional): As being the Security Guard of the now populated International Space Station, he has also been assigned to accompany any away mission leaving the station. He will leave his family on the ISS.
What you looking at
GameOver2017
Chickadoo

Postby RowletAlex » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:59 am

Oh, and I forgot to mention two things about my character: 1, he has brought a large group of chickens and roosters, who are bred to be able to survive in harsh terrain, and extra meaty, from the family ranch as a food source. 2, he loves to play videogames.
I. HAVE. RETURNED.

RowletAlex
Rancher

Postby kittymeowkub » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:53 pm

GameOver2017 wrote:Eh, why not?

Name: Cristian Knapp
Job/Jobs (Optional): Ship's Security Guard
Species (Human recommended. You cannot be a slime.): Human
Appearance: A tall, rather thin human male, with brown eyes and dark hair.
Personality: He is hard-working, always focused on his job, and cares about the people around him.
Other features/abilities (Optional): Yields a Mark I "Crossfire" Laser Rifle, as the planet could be filled with hostile fauna.
Goals and motivations (Optional): Protect the crew.
Fears and dislikes (Optional): Fears losing his family.
Likes (Optional): Play with his guitar.
Anything else (Optional): As being the Security Guard of the now populated International Space Station, he has also been assigned to accompany any away mission leaving the station. He will leave his family on the ISS.

Great!
No alpacas allowed!
kittymeowkub
Rancher

Postby kittymeowkub » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:39 pm

The roleplay is starting in 3... 2... 1... go!

"Checking in. We will be boarding the flight in two hours. We will begin the check, making sure everything is okay and in line. Then we will take off. ETA currently being calculated. For anyone who is on the International Space Station who is scheduled to board this flight, please be prepared to board in four hours. By the time you have reached Planet 5XG, there will be a three hour delay between what I am saying here on earth and when you will hear it," Johnson announces over the intercom (which is also broadcast to the ISS).
No alpacas allowed!
kittymeowkub
Rancher

Postby GameOver2017 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:18 pm

I say goodbye to my family and start guarding the docking bay, waiting for the rest of the crew to arrive.
What you looking at
GameOver2017
Chickadoo

Postby RowletAlex » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:31 pm

(after saying goodbye, I prepare to board, with two gigantic suitcases in tow) I'm really excited for this! I'm gonna get to discover new species! Im gonna go down in history! Probably, anyway. {I hope that they're gentle with my luggage...}

[BTW, in addition to using these [] brackets for out of roleplay talk, I will use () to designate actions and {} to designate thoughts.]
I. HAVE. RETURNED.

RowletAlex
Rancher

Postby GameOver2017 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:55 pm

RowletAlex wrote:(after saying goodbye, I prepare to board, with two gigantic suitcases in tow) I'm really excited for this! I'm gonna get to discover new species! Im gonna go down in history! Probably, anyway. {I hope that they're gentle with my luggage...}

[BTW, in addition to using these [] brackets for out of roleplay talk, I will use () to designate actions and {} to designate thoughts.]

[Are you on Earth or on the ISS? :P]
What you looking at
GameOver2017
Chickadoo

Postby kittymeowkub » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:00 pm

Johnson checks the communication systems to make sure they're all ready and prepares to switch to broadcasting to the ship only.
No alpacas allowed!
kittymeowkub
Rancher

Postby bobschicken » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:26 pm

Suddenly, a robotic skeleton walks in, "Hello! I am Tesla! I am so happy to see all of the earth crew for the first time!" he swiftly headed to the ship.
I can S.P.L.A.T into action!

I thank Hachiseiko for my (First) Avatar
Cactuses are cool now.
bobschicken
Rancher

Postby GameOver2017 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:33 pm

"I wonder how much time left we have before departure?" (Looks inside the ship.) "Hm."
What you looking at
GameOver2017
Chickadoo

Postby kittymeowkub » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:22 pm

"If you are on earth, begin to board the ship. We are going to do a before-lift-off check. Check the oxygen percentage to make sure it's about 20% inside the ship," Johnson says. "And please make sure the air locks are functioning correctly."
No alpacas allowed!
kittymeowkub
Rancher

Postby RowletAlex » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:56 am

(I board the ship, using my Ultra-All-Purpose Geiger Counter Plus to measure the oxygen, which is indeed, 20 percent.)

GameOver2017 wrote:
RowletAlex wrote:(after saying goodbye, I prepare to board, with two gigantic suitcases in tow) I'm really excited for this! I'm gonna get to discover new species! Im gonna go down in history! Probably, anyway. {I hope that they're gentle with my luggage...}

[Are you on Earth or on the ISS? :P]

[Earth]
I. HAVE. RETURNED.

RowletAlex
Rancher

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:51 am

Ci entra dans la cabine, presque plein, et regarda ses compagnons. "Pouah." Elle a soulevé son insigne d'or d'une étoile aussi haut que possible, et a regardé leurs adversaires très pas français. "Porcs souillés de la terre". Elle n'aurait pas été plus mécontent d'avoir reçu cette mission.

"Listen, you." Ci a dit, sa accent français fort remplissant ses voyelles avec menace. "You will now be... directed by me, Official Representative of The Great and All-Ruling Reformed Empire of France. Salut en france!"

[Please note these will translate quite wierdly. Effectively, Ci is calling all the non-french travellers "pigs of the Earth" and is telling them she is in charge with menace in her vowels (accents). She then gives the vocal Hail of France (Salut en France!).]
My Fanon-Lore Posts

- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby RowletAlex » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:38 pm

(choosing to ignore Ci, I look over my list of proper names I have come up with for the planet)
Hmm... There's Aphrodite, then Koppai, Vistrahda, maybe Manannan, Hocotate, and Worcestershire. Well, I can't decide right now, I'm just gonna wait until I can see the surface until I start narrowing down the names. Plus, this is a team effort, but I don't think we're calling it New France. (I begin to look over some blueprints)
I. HAVE. RETURNED.

RowletAlex
Rancher

Next

Return to Far, Far Off-Topic