After 1.0.0, can we make mods?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

After 1.0.0, can we make mods?

Postby SomeRandomGuy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:47 pm

I know that Monomi Park don't really like things like the BetterBuild mod, but maybe that's because the game isn't done yet. Maybe when the game is done, mods will be an ok thing. But for now, I guess our fan slimes, resources, etc, are nothing but fun ideas.

P.S If I was allowed to make a mod, I'd make new items, a new building called an Aquarium for underwater slimes, and new areas. But that's just me. =)
SomeRandomGuy
Plort

Re: After 1.0.0, can we make mods?

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:30 pm

It's not like they don't allow you to make mods, they just won't be able to support you when you'll have technical issues since they will know very little about what was done to your game.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby z0mbiesrock » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:07 pm

What about Steam Workshop? Perhaps also provide templates for designing new slimes/maps/structures
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
z0mbiesrock
Keeper

Postby Martra123 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:43 am

i'd wait a little because
EmeraldPlay wrote:It's not like they don't allow you to make mods, they just won't be able to support you when you'll have technical issues since they will know very little about what was done to your game.
I am bored to a certain extent.

If you can see this, you can't see the other message.
If you can see this, you can't see the other message.

i made my avatar in paint. :>
Martra123
Rancher

Postby DAYtime » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:04 pm

Yes please, mod support :0
Get rich or die sliming.
DAYtime
Chickadoo

Postby Java » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:14 am

You people seriously don't read the FAQ do you?

Can I mod Slime Rancher with modding tools?
Though we may support modding one day in an official capacity, we are currently focused on delivering the game we've planned for our players. So our stance on modding at Monomi Park is that there is no official means to mod Slime Rancher at this time and we do not officially support it. You are free to do it on your own, but we are under no obligation to support you in doing so or any issues you encounter with your altered game. This bears repeating: by modding your game you may be forfeiting support from Monomi Park if you experience technical issues.

The reason for this is we have little way of knowing what was done to your game and cannot use development time attempting to solve it. Monomi Park is a small studio and there are no resources available to assist you with a modded game.

Additionally any mods that are used to simply access unreleased content is very much frowned upon. We're working very hard to deliver exciting content updates to our players and distributing mods that allow access to incomplete versions of this content is bad for us and for players waiting patiently for it.

It is also worth stressing to those who are unfamiliar with modding that any mod runs the risk of destroying your game state, can include security risks to your computer and data, and has the chance of not functioning with future game updates.

As a final thought, we don't want to give you the impression that Monomi Park dislikes mods or modders. But we are currently in an Early Access development period where we are trying to deliver a stable, solid experience to our players. Mods simply greatly complicate things and we don't have the resources to manage them that at this time. We hope you understand.

Straight from the FAQ.
java/tira, he/him pronouns, panro-ace demiboy.

be gay, drink cider, break boundaries

"Patto hikatte saita, hanabi o miteta,
Kitto mada owaranai natsu ga!"
Java
Rancher

Postby KitsuneRyo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:38 pm

Let's just wait for the full release before we work on mods, people.
KitsuneRyo
Rancher

Return to General Discussion