More Plots

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

More Plots

Postby SnailsAttack » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:40 pm

SlimeRancher-2017-06-13-09-33-57-70.png
SlimeRancher-2017-06-13-09-33-57-70.png (187.88 KiB) Viewed 7152 times

With all the new slimes, I feel as though we need way more plots. That's why I think that there should be a little path leading down to the water from this area here (which for some reason is completely blank)

Maybe the docks should be made more expensive and this would be part of them (accessible from wooden bridge leading towards it)

There should be at least 6 plots on it.

Also, that weird area between the overgrowth and ranch needs to have some gadget spots! It's so barren.
SnailsAttack
Rancher

Re: More Plots

Postby DarkCreature97 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:22 pm

I. Soo. Agree.
I want more Slime Rancher tings fam.
DarkCreature97
Keeper

Postby asdfghjklinkin » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:19 pm

I completely agree. I'm a slime purist, I don't like largos, and there's not even enough room for 1 corral for each type of slime + a coop/garden. So right now my hunters have no food, I have no silo for extra storage and my dervish slimes are starving because I had no extra prickle pear, and when I find the mosaic slime I will have no place to put it. Frustrating.
I'm Linkin.
asdfghjklinkin
Rancher

Postby NoticeMeGenki » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:32 pm

Oh yes please! I don't like keeping largos either and I'm just scraping by. I've given up on growing any of the fancy fruit/veggies because the pogofruits and carrots yield more food and I'm constantly removing and replanting so I don't have to wait through any regrowth cycles. The dock was a god-send because all 4 plots are taken up by chickens and of course because chickens produce so dang slowly even that's never enough. My carnivores are always hungry but I have nowhere to put more coops. I have two silos on the farm and they hold 100 of each fruit/vegetable in case of emergency. I'm very poor rn.

I always thought the open slime sea behind our home would make good plot space. I had been using it as a slime dump but now that I need an incinerator on the farm I don't really need to toss anything into the sea.
NoticeMeGenki
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:47 pm

I don't have problems with keeping pure slimes, and the current amount of plots there are is just enough for me, although that's because I never use coops and instead feed my meat eating slimes with chickens I get from the wild.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:39 am

I wouldn't mind having more room myself. More plots and more areas to explore, I still want a snowy area.
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Postby StumpxD » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:03 am

StumpxD wrote:we need more farm space!
there is now 14 different slimes, each with different favorite foods + incinerator and some silos - and only 26 buildable spots..
its simply not enough to go around without having to give up some slimes or storage -
or make largos (which i dislike because their lack of cuteness.) and let some slimes starve while i wait for the foods to grow.

there's lots of free unused space around the farm (the docks for example, have room for AT LEAST 2-3 plots more. the overgrowth and lab as well..)
all that unused space annoys my ocd so much, mostly because i know there is room enough for a corral or garden or two :(

will we get another farm expansion soon?
or maybe "DIY Farm Plots" made in the lab, that can be placed anywhere with enough room?

i wrote this on the discussion thread and on the steam forum as well.
another expansion to the farm is very much needed, or at the very least a DIY farm plot.
its simply impossible to have all the slimes and their food, + storage as it is now.
I dont want largos, i want pure slimes <3
StumpxD
Plort

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:48 am

I'm a Largo fan myself but I can def see how there wouldn't be enough plots for those who prefer Pure.
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Postby HIME » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:24 pm

StumpxD wrote:
there is now 14 different slimes, each with different favorite foods + incinerator and some silos - and only 26 buildable spots..
its simply not enough to go around without having to give up some slimes or storage -
or make largos (which i dislike because their lack of cuteness.) and let some slimes starve while i wait for the foods to grow.

there's lots of free unused space around the farm (the docks for example, have room for AT LEAST 2-3 plots more. the overgrowth and lab as well..)
all that unused space annoys my ocd so much, mostly because i know there is room enough for a corral or garden or two :(

or maybe "DIY Farm Plots" made in the lab, that can be placed anywhere with enough room?

another expansion to the farm is very much needed, or at the very least a DIY farm plot.
its simply impossible to have all the slimes and their food, + storage as it is now.

You did your calculations wrong, there's plenty of space. 30 plots for 13 corrals and favorite food, 1 or 0 ponds (docks), an incinerator (fire slimes), then you'll still have space for 2 to 3 plots for silos or other things, you can use warp depots for storage, and with a rubber ducky, you can put more puddle slimes.
I like puddle slimes. They are cute.
I'm a roostro king. No slime shall eat me. More than 1 trillion chickens bow towards me.
Visit my favorite forum: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4274
Plz read FAQ before posting questions...
HIME
Rancher

Postby Locqe » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:57 pm

HIME wrote:
StumpxD wrote:

You did your calculations wrong, there's plenty of space. 30 plots for 13 corrals and favorite food, 1 or 0 ponds (docks), an incinerator (fire slimes), then you'll still have space for 2 to 3 plots for silos or other things, you can use warp depots for storage, and with a rubber ducky, you can put more puddle slimes.

There's only 26 plots (8 ranch + 5 grotto + 5 lab + 4 overgrowth + 4 docks), actually. And 15 different slimes, though I guess you can write off the water slimes if you put them in the natural pond.

Now, pink and fire slimes don't have a favorite so now you have 25 remaining plots (assuming 1 incinerator) between 13 slimes and 12 different favorite foods. So that's all 25 if you want to feed them all their favorites, and no room for storage unless you wanna use warps.

Of course you can stick to just feeding favorite foods for slimes with pricier plorts, say the top 5 earners so that's 10 plots (slime + food). There's still 8 slimes so now you just have 7 plots either for some common food and/or storage depending on your priorities.

It sounds like a lot, and honestly it is. But personally I'm an in-game hoarder so I like to store my plorts up to wait for the best prices (even though I'm already rich in-game) so I like having A LOT of storage. As it is it's barely enough for me, so I'm not complaining. But more room to expand is always welcome for me.
Locqe
Chickadoo

Postby clmurphy74 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:50 am

The incinerator needs to be used in order to fill up the ash trough. So now you need a crop or something to throw into it....I found out that 4 Fire slimes can reduce the ash in a trough in a matter of seconds. :(
clmurphy74
Rancher

Return to General Discussion