Plorts through the floor, carrots through the wall!

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Plorts through the floor, carrots through the wall!

Postby Sailbourne » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:13 pm

Since v0.6.0, I've been having an infuriating problem with plorts vanishing from corrals almost instantaneously. I'll feed a couple of largos their favorite food, one food each, so I should get eight plorts total. But when I vac them up -- and this is a matter of seconds after the plorts drop -- I'll only get 7 plorts. or 6. or 5. This happens in multiple locations, with many different kinds of largos. I've also seen a similar effect in the mini grotto with the feral pink phosphors. There, the plorts vanish from the surface of the water, but if I go diving, I can see them.

It's really, really infuriating because it's keeping me from being able to get enough plorts for gadget building.

Also, the problem with carrots sticking in things has gotten a lot worse. It used to be just the occasional carrot sticking through a corral wall, and it was kind of amusing. "The slow carrot penetrates the shield!" But now it's gotten a lot worse -- carrots can be shot through walls like nails from a gun, and they just stick in there, impossible to remove!
Sailbourne
Plort

Re: Plorts through the floor, carrots through the wall!

Postby Locqe » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:21 am

I've been having trouble collecting the newer plorts (mosaic, tangle, dervish) but I didn't think it was disappearing. I thought it was a production glitch.

I noticed a discrepancy when there shouldn't be too. I would use the auto collector to collect from my mosiac dervish largos and vac them up until there's only 1 of each left in the collector. Then I'll feed them and for some reason I end up with more mosaic plorts than dervish plorts...
Locqe
Chickadoo

Postby Kitana » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:22 am

Oh good, it isn't just me! At first, I thought it was just my Boom/Dervishes tossing them out of the corral, but all of my other corrals have off numbers as well. They seem to disappear at random, although dervishes were the worst offenders for a while.

Not to mention the plort losses I've taken from Tangle shenanigans. I had to isolate my Tangle/Honeys away from other corrals because they kept grabbing plots from their neighbors and Tarring up D<
Kitana
Chickadoo

Postby clmurphy74 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:29 am

I've had this problem all along with my Tabby/Phosphors. Just thought it was that the phosphor plorts disappearing. But it is also now happening with my Tangle/Mosaic and Dervish/Mosaics.

Edit: My Tabby/Phosphors are in the Grotto, my Dervish/Mosaics are in the Lab area and the Tangle/Mosaics are in the OverGrowth. :(
clmurphy74
Rancher

Postby SnailsAttack » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:51 pm

I've had this problem as well. Carrots get stuck very often.

Also sometimes my slimes teleport halfway across the ranch or even into other areas. One time one of my rock-tabbys teleported from a corral outside the ranch all the way to the **** beach.
SnailsAttack
Rancher

Postby asdfghjklinkin » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:19 am

SnailsAttack wrote:I've had this problem as well. Carrots get stuck very often.

Also sometimes my slimes teleport halfway across the ranch or even into other areas. One time one of my rock-tabbys teleported from a corral outside the ranch all the way to the **** beach.

Yes, one of my tangle slimes teleported out of its corral. I caught it in time, but there was literally no way it should have been able to get out.
I'm Linkin.
asdfghjklinkin
Rancher

Postby Locqe » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:30 am

asdfghjklinkin wrote:
SnailsAttack wrote:I've had this problem as well. Carrots get stuck very often.

Yes, one of my tangle slimes teleported out of its corral. I caught it in time, but there was literally no way it should have been able to get out.

I feel you. My honey/tangle teleported into the sky above the docks from the overgrowth. I was flying towards there when I saw it, and I'm guessing it landed in the slime sea cause it was gone. Thought it was a glitch but I went back to check and I just had 9 honey/tangle instead of 10
Locqe
Chickadoo

Postby Martra123 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:59 am

This should be in Technical Support.
I am bored to a certain extent.

If you can see this, you can't see the other message.
If you can see this, you can't see the other message.

i made my avatar in paint. :>
Martra123
Rancher

Postby KitsuneRyo » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:08 pm

Huh.... I usually leave things to the plort collector, so I haven't noticed issues.... My fire and puddle plorts are always spot on in numbers. Maybe I'm not having issues because I don't use Largos? I'm sort of a slime-purist, I don't mix my slimes and I keep moderate to small numbers of each type. Hmmm..... it's odd that your plorts are poofing.....
KitsuneRyo
Rancher

Return to General Discussion