The Mythology of Ancient Zephyr (Keslos Anadia Zapi'hin)

Community discussion unrelated to Slime Rancher

The Mythology of Ancient Zephyr (Keslos Anadia Zapi'hin)

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Mon May 29, 2017 6:23 am

Zephyr, 3rd planet in orbit of Connatus-I, a yellow dwarf star in the Stellasilvarum galaxy, is one of the most prestigious and well-known planets in all of the United Galaxies Alliance. Home to the wealthy merchant race homo simile, the planet is home to the most unique protozoids in the known universe: limus amimalia, known to the common person as the slime.

Today we will be learning about the planets mythology: but first, some facts.

The planet is around the size of it's 'twin' planet, Terra, and has similar climates and geography. It bears a crust of mainly rock but is a very oceanic planet, with around 76% of the planet being water. The planets crust is split into 4 main tectonic plates: Pyrosia, Naturilos, Kerilodan and Pacilodia. The immense size of these plates causes the formation of many volcanoes on the planets surface.

Below the 4-6 KM thick crust is a 650,000 KM mantle composed of molten rock and pyrosium. This often fluctuates dramatically, causing volcanic eruptions and mantalic shockwaves of up to magnitude 5 on the richter scale.

This is the map of the mainland of Zephyr, which was thought to be the only area of the planet until the explorative revolution in 103AD. At the centre of the mainland is Saros, which translates to "mother-of-all" or "mother volcano". According to the root mythology of the entire planet, all life was created in the core of Saros and was spewed out in a cloud of ash that created the land. The volcano was so incredibly sacred that only those who were deemed 'pure' by a set of trials were permitted to even lay eyes on the life-giving crater.

The importance of the volcano caused ancient Zephyr civilatations to be very matriarchal, with male zephyrians being held at second-best under mothers and daughters. This greatly paralleled the morals of Terra, whose patriarchy caused great friction between the two civilizations upon their meeting in 2166AD and eventually led to the Intergalactic Terran War of Infinite Parallels (I.T.W.I.P) that led to the extinction of the dominant terran species homo sapien in 3066AD.

Armar
Alongside Saros was its 'husband', Armar, which literally translates to "father volcano". In Dasanian Saroism, Armar was responsible for the creation of all plant life, which grew from its base 'like the hair of the priest'. In Serosian Saroism, Armar was instead the founder of the idea of agriculture, gifting the hunter-gatherer population with brilliant ideas to grow their own food. Armar was also treated as extremely sacred, but was respected as an elder with knowledge to be traded for rather than as a godly figure. As of such, any person could speak to the volcano in search of knowledge as long as they offered something in return.

Dasanas and Sero
The two volcanoes supposedly had three children, the most important being Dasanas, the son, and Sero, the daughter. The two civilizations of Zephyr, Seron and Dasanon, are built to surround the two volcanoes.

These two civilations split the religion of Saroism into two subreligions: Dasanian Saroism, based around Dasanon, and Serosian Saroism, based around Seron. The two held similar beliefs but varied slightly. For example, in Dasanian Saroism, Armar is creator of all plantlife, while that is accredited to Sero in Serosian Saroism.

The Birth of The Beasts
There are near infinite amounts of mythological tales that differ between tellers, but one of the most important is that of The Birth of The Beasts.
According to the truly ancient myth, Saros fell ill one day and 'did spew forth from her tongue the most peculiar and terrifying beasts that ever had been seen'. These creatures varied from small aquatic saro-selo (later known as fish) to enormous monsters such as the terrifying saro-carcasa, a gargantuan 3-headed crab brought all diseases to the world with a single breath.

The tale explains many of the ills of the world, from pain (the sano-vardar, invisible bug-like beings that latched onto the backs of those who were injured and bit their spines) to madness (the sano-garogon, a dark-cloaked skeletal ghoul that danced through streets in hysterics, causing all that saw it to lose their minds). The "death days" in which the beasts roamed free lasted 5 days until Dasanols Carophanos, the third child of Saros and Armar that kept the balance between good and evil (tetram and mados respectively), banished them all to the depths of the ocean, giving the volcano the name of a hero and ultimate demi-god.

Tetram and Mados
The base principles of Saroism refer to Tetram (good) and Mados (evil), which were once held in balance by Dasanols Carophanos. To live in prosperity, one must keep one's balance of Tetram and Mados - the sacred midway point being known as Saro-Rata, meaning "soul of Saro".

At Saro-Rata, the person is not evil nor godly - they are at a state of perfect unity of mind, body and soul. At this point, the person is now a Saro-Ratan, a form of elder that is entitled to speak directly to Saro. At their death, no person but other Saro-Ratan may lay eyes upon the person or they may lose Saro-Rata.

Though Saro-Ratan are usually greatly aged (around 60-70 years old), this is not a necessary trait. In fact, that youngest Saro-Ratan was only 7 years old.

According to common mythology, the peoples of the world did not origionally need to keep their balance of Tetram and Mados as Dasanols Carophanos (at the time known as Dasanols Sarato, "the son of the soul") kept all things in Saro-Rata. However, after the banishment of the beasts, the now renamed Dasanols Carophanos ("the lost son") sunk under the ocean in order to keep the beasts under control and attempt to reinstate them to the world. Due to this, it could no long balance Saro-Rata, and hence turned the responsibility to the peoples of the world.

Thanks
Thank you for reading this "documentary". I've been planning thins out for quite some time and decided to finally post it.

Did I miss anything about the mythology that I you think I should have covered? If so, just write a reply and I'll add it to the post. Again, thanks for reading!

"t’s none of their business that you have to learn to write. Let them think you were born that way."

-Ernest Hemmingway
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Re: The Mythology of Ancient Zephyr (Keslos Anadia Zapi'hin)

Postby SquillionthGamer » Mon May 29, 2017 9:52 am

ok cool
Guess who's back(back back)
Back again
Squill is back
Tell a friend(friend friend)

SquillionthGamer
Keeper

Postby bobschicken » Tue May 30, 2017 5:34 am

*raises hand* "Is this on the test?"
I can S.P.L.A.T into action!

I thank Hachiseiko for my (First) Avatar
Cactuses are cool now.
bobschicken
Rancher

Postby SquillionthGamer » Tue May 30, 2017 2:42 pm

probzubly
Back again
Squill is back

SquillionthGamer
Keeper

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Tue May 30, 2017 3:52 pm

ya now go revize this 4-month topick in 2 wecks
My Fanon-Lore Posts

- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby bobschicken » Tue May 30, 2017 7:57 pm

tiem to uz grammarrrly
TheGreciansHousehold wrote:Zephyr, the 3rd planet in orbit of Connatus-I, a yellow dwarf star in the Stellasilvarum galaxy, is one of the most prestigious and well-known planets in all of the United Galaxies Alliance. Home to the wealthy merchant race homo simile, the planet is home to the unique protozoids in the known universe: limus amimalia, known to the common person as the slime.

Today we will be learning about the mythology of the planet: but first, some facts.

The planet is around the size of it's 'twin' planet, Terra, and has similar climates and geography. It bears a crust of main rock but is a very oceanic planet, with around 76% of the planet being water. The planet's crust is split into 4 main tectonic plates: Pyrosia, Naturilos, Kerilodan and Pacilodia. The immense size of these plates causes the formation of many volcanoes on the planet's surface.

Below the 4-6 KM thick crust is a 650,000 KM mantle composed of molten rock and pyrosium. This often fluctuates dramatically, causing volcanic eruptions and mantalic shockwaves of up to magnitude 5 on the Richter scale.

This is the map of the mainland of Zephyr, which was thought to be the only area of the planet until the explorative revolution in 103AD. At the center of the mainland is Saros, which translates to "mother-of-all" or "mother volcano". According to the root mythology of the entire planet, all life was created in the core of Saros and was spewed out in a cloud of ash that created the land. The volcano was so incredibly sacred that only those who were deemed 'pure' by a set of trials were permitted to even lay eyes on the life-giving crater.

The importance of the volcano caused ancient Zephyr civilizations to be very matriarchal, with male zephyrians being held at second-best under mothers and daughters. This greatly paralleled the morals of Terra, whose patriarchy caused great friction between the two civilizations upon their meeting in 2166AD and eventually led to the Intergalactic Terran War of Infinite Parallels (I.T.W.I.P) that led to the extinction of the dominant Terran species homo sapien in 3066AD.

Armar
Alongside Saros was its 'husband', Armar, which literally translates to "father volcano". In Dasanian Saroism, Armar was responsible for the creation of all plant life, which grew from its base 'like the hair of the priest'. In Serosian Saroism, Armar was instead the founder of the idea of agriculture, gifting the hunter-gatherer population with brilliant ideas to grow their own food. Armar was also treated as extremely sacred but was respected as an elder with the knowledge to be traded for rather than as a godly figure. As of such, any person could speak to the volcano in search of knowledge as long as they offered something in return.

Dasanas and Sero
The two volcanoes supposedly had three children, the most important being Dasanas, the son, and Sero, the daughter. The two civilizations of Zephyr, Seron and Dasanon, are built to surround the two volcanoes.

These two civilizations split the religion of Saroism into two subreligions: Dasanian Saroism, based around Dasanon, and Serosian Saroism, based around Seron. The two held similar beliefs but varied slightly. For example, in Dasanian Saroism, Armar is the creator of all plant life, while that is accredited to Sero in Serosian Saroism.

The Birth of The Beasts
There are near infinite amounts of mythological tales that differ between tellers, but one of the most important is that of The Birth of The Beasts.
According to the truly ancient myth, Saros fell ill one day and 'did spew forth from her tongue the most peculiar and terrifying beasts that ever had been seen'. These creatures varied from small aquatic saro-selo (later known as fish) to enormous monsters such as the terrifying saro-carcasa, a gargantuan 3-headed crab brought all diseases to the world with a single breath.

The tale explains many of the ills of the world, from pain (the sano-vardar, invisible bug-like beings that latched onto the backs of those who were injured and bit their spines) to madness (the sano-garogon, a dark-cloaked skeletal ghoul that danced through streets in hysterics, causing all that saw it to lose their minds). The "death days" in which the beasts roamed free lasted 5 days until Dasanols Carophanos, the third child of Saros and Armar that kept the balance between good and evil (tetram and mados respectively), banished them all to the depths of the ocean, giving the volcano the name of a hero and ultimate demi-god.

Tetram and Mados
The base principles of Saroism refer to Tetram (good) and Mados (evil), which were once held in balance by Dasanols Carophanos. To live in prosperity, one must keep one's balance of Tetram and Mados - the sacred midway point being known as Saro-Rata, meaning "soul of Saro".

At Saro-Rata, the person is not evil nor godly - they are at a state of perfect unity of mind, body and soul. At this point, the person is now a Saro-Ratan, a form of elder that is entitled to speak directly to Saro. At their death, no person but other Saro-Ratan may lay eyes upon the person or they may lose Saro-Rata.

Though Saro-Ratan is usually greatly aged (around 60-70 years old), this is not a necessary trait. In fact, that youngest Saro-Ratan was only 7 years old.

According to common mythology, the peoples of the world did not originally need to keep their balance of Tetram and Mados as Dasanols Carophanos (at the time known as Dasanols Sarato, "the son of the soul") kept all things in Saro-Rata. However, after the banishment of the beasts, the now renamed Dasanols Carophanos ("the lost son") sunk under the ocean in order to keep the beasts under control and attempt to reinstate them to the world. Due to this, it could no long balance Saro-Rata, and hence turned the responsibility to the peoples of the world.

Thanks
Thank you for reading this "documentary". I've been planning thins out for quite some time and decided to finally post it.

Did I miss anything about the mythology that I you think I should have covered? If so, just write a reply and I'll add it to the post. Again, thanks for reading!

"It's none of their business that you have to learn to write. Let them think you were born that way."

-Ernest Hemmingway

Bam, ded eit

Cactuses are cool now.
bobschicken
Rancher

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Wed May 31, 2017 12:41 am

Her hav a 3s becuz A+ isn't gud enuf fur ungrilind
My Fanon-Lore Posts

- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:32 pm

MAK DIS DA R PEEE
gun be sik
all credit for drawing the Crystal slime belongs to Hachiseiko.

And remember kids. Stay in school and don't do drugs.

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Postby SquillionthGamer » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:13 pm

bobschicken wrote:tiem to uz grammarrrly
TheGreciansHousehold wrote:Zephyr, the 3rd planet in orbit of Connatus-I, a yellow dwarf star in the Stellasilvarum galaxy, is one of the most prestigious and well-known planets in all of the United Galaxies Alliance. Home to the wealthy merchant race homo simile, the planet is home to the unique protozoids in the known universe: limus amimalia, known to the common person as the slime.

Today we will be learning about the mythology of the planet: but first, some facts.

The planet is around the size of it's 'twin' planet, Terra, and has similar climates and geography. It bears a crust of main rock but is a very oceanic planet, with around 76% of the planet being water. The planet's crust is split into 4 main tectonic plates: Pyrosia, Naturilos, Kerilodan and Pacilodia. The immense size of these plates causes the formation of many volcanoes on the planet's surface.

Below the 4-6 KM thick crust is a 650,000 KM mantle composed of molten rock and pyrosium. This often fluctuates dramatically, causing volcanic eruptions and mantalic shockwaves of up to magnitude 5 on the Richter scale.

This is the map of the mainland of Zephyr, which was thought to be the only area of the planet until the explorative revolution in 103AD. At the center of the mainland is Saros, which translates to "mother-of-all" or "mother volcano". According to the root mythology of the entire planet, all life was created in the core of Saros and was spewed out in a cloud of ash that created the land. The volcano was so incredibly sacred that only those who were deemed 'pure' by a set of trials were permitted to even lay eyes on the life-giving crater.

The importance of the volcano caused ancient Zephyr civilizations to be very matriarchal, with male zephyrians being held at second-best under mothers and daughters. This greatly paralleled the morals of Terra, whose patriarchy caused great friction between the two civilizations upon their meeting in 2166AD and eventually led to the Intergalactic Terran War of Infinite Parallels (I.T.W.I.P) that led to the extinction of the dominant Terran species homo sapien in 3066AD.

Armar
Alongside Saros was its 'husband', Armar, which literally translates to "father volcano". In Dasanian Saroism, Armar was responsible for the creation of all plant life, which grew from its base 'like the hair of the priest'. In Serosian Saroism, Armar was instead the founder of the idea of agriculture, gifting the hunter-gatherer population with brilliant ideas to grow their own food. Armar was also treated as extremely sacred but was respected as an elder with the knowledge to be traded for rather than as a godly figure. As of such, any person could speak to the volcano in search of knowledge as long as they offered something in return.

Dasanas and Sero

These two civilizations split the religion of Saroism into two subreligions: Dasanian Saroism, based around Dasanon, and Serosian Saroism, based around Seron. The two held similar beliefs but varied slightly. For example, in Dasanian Saroism, Armar is the creator of all plant life, while that is accredited to Sero in Serosian Saroism.

The Birth of The Beasts

Tetram and Mados

Though Saro-Ratan is usually greatly aged (around 60-70 years old), this is not a necessary trait. In fact, that youngest Saro-Ratan was only 7 years old.

According to common mythology, the peoples of the world did not originally need to keep their balance of Tetram and Mados as Dasanols Carophanos (at the time known as Dasanols Sarato, "the son of the soul") kept all things in Saro-Rata. However, after the banishment of the beasts, the now renamed Dasanols Carophanos ("the lost son") sunk under the ocean in order to keep the beasts under control and attempt to reinstate them to the world. Due to this, it could no long balance Saro-Rata, and hence turned the responsibility to the peoples of the world.

Thanks

"It's none of their business that you have to learn to write. Let them think you were born that way."

-Ernest Hemmingway

Bam, ded eit

grAmmerrly isnt not not fun ting
Back again
Squill is back

SquillionthGamer
Keeper

Postby bobschicken » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:48 pm

.butt et werkS
SquillionthGamer wrote:
bobschicken wrote:tiem to uz grammarrrly

Armar

Dasanas and Sero

The Birth of The Beasts

Tetram and Mados

Thanks

-Ernest Hemmingway

Bam, ded eit

grAmmerrly isnt not not fun ting

Cactuses are cool now.
bobschicken
Rancher

Return to Far, Far Off-Topic