Quantum Blockers!!

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Quantum Blockers!!

Postby HunterGordo23 » Sun May 07, 2017 11:19 am

This is revolving around the fact that (Don't quote me on this) Quantum Slimes can teleport out of their respective corrals. I think that you should be able to buy the "Quantum Blocker". What the Quantum Blocker will do is this: The Quantum Slimes will be able to teleport anywhere but out of their corrals.
I think that this would be a good addition to Slime Rancher and I'm eager to see it happen!
HunterGordo23
Chickadoo

Location: Somewhere in The Far, Far, Range, waiting for someone to FEEED MEEEE!!!!

Re: Quantum Blockers!!

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sun May 07, 2017 12:12 pm

I saw this idea quite a lot and I'm still against having this kind of thing in the game. They are supposed to be hard.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby JasontheBasin » Mon May 08, 2017 3:40 pm

HunterGordo23 wrote:This is revolving around the fact that (Don't quote me on this) Quantum Slimes can teleport out of their respective corrals. I think that you should be able to buy the "Quantum Blocker". What the Quantum Blocker will do is this: The Quantum Slimes will be able to teleport anywhere but out of their corrals.
I think that this would be a good addition to Slime Rancher and I'm eager to see it happen!

"not teleport anywhere but out of their corrals"

so you want them to teleport out of their corrals?

"not teleport anywhere BUT out of their corrals"
remove the but(t) and it'll sound right
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby SnailsAttack » Mon May 08, 2017 4:19 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:I saw this idea quite a lot and I'm still against having this kind of thing in the game. They are supposed to be hard.

Yeah, but they teleport out of their corrals CONSTANTLY, even if they have food. Maybe this could be added or that could be fixed.
SnailsAttack
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue May 09, 2017 4:42 am

SnailsAttack wrote:
EmeraldPlay wrote:I saw this idea quite a lot and I'm still against having this kind of thing in the game. They are supposed to be hard.

Yeah, but they teleport out of their corrals CONSTANTLY, even if they have food. Maybe this could be added or that could be fixed.

Yea, they should atleast prioritize going to the food over teleporting aimlessly.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby lukepkrees » Tue May 09, 2017 6:18 am

Maybe this could be something you get in the glass desert as that area is meant to be endgame
Your friendly neighbor hood tarr

Nom Nom Nom
lukepkrees
Rancher

Postby PlortInMyFort » Tue May 09, 2017 3:12 pm

lukepkrees wrote:Maybe this could be something you get in the glass desert as that area is meant to be endgame

The problem with this is that the glass desert is directly after the ruins, thus making their difficulty to keep a rather pointless idea on subsequent playthroughs.
The devs should update the slimes and corrals even when they're not loaded in.
PlortInMyFort
Chickadoo

Postby Onyxdragon » Fri May 12, 2017 2:52 pm

I think this would be really useful in game, but I think it should be difficult to get. Like what if it was a 7zee upgrade? It could be around level 30 or something, and would cost a ton of money. Or maybe it could be unlocked via the lab and would require a lot of quantum plorts or something to obtain it.
I’m a cryptid that appears here every 100 years.

Started on this forum in high school, now in my last year of college.
Onyxdragon
Rancher

Postby Sakuramei » Sat May 13, 2017 7:50 am

EmeraldPlay wrote:
SnailsAttack wrote:

Yea, they should atleast prioritize going to the food over teleporting aimlessly.

Yeah, exactly. I would love these just because way too many times do they have food and I find a bunch of them teleported out. I just want to have some of each Slime on the Ranch, but it always stresses me out.
Sakuramei
Plort

Postby zm78 » Sat May 13, 2017 6:49 pm

maybe a quantum blocker that stops them from teleporting IF they have food and are happy
(they teleport to their ghost so maybe make the ghost look for food and sit near the food until
th quantum slime teleports???)
Those ears, That coin, That wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.
zm78
Rancher

Postby Sakuramei » Thu May 18, 2017 1:48 pm

zm78 wrote:maybe a quantum blocker that stops them from teleporting IF they have food and are happy
(they teleport to their ghost so maybe make the ghost look for food and sit near the food until
th quantum slime teleports???)

The thing is, they're already not supposed to teleport if they have food and are happy... the problem is they may already have food and just aren't eating it and thus going to go teleport.
Sakuramei
Plort

Postby KitsuneRyo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:58 am

Yeah, I've fed my quantum slimes phase lemons, two each, and I still get the ghosting....
KitsuneRyo
Rancher

Postby Java » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:48 am

getting a blocker in the desert would be okay if you want the plorts for slime science
java/tira, he/him pronouns, panro-ace demiboy.

be gay, drink cider, break boundaries

"Patto hikatte saita, hanabi o miteta,
Kitto mada owaranai natsu ga!"
Java
Rancher

Postby clmurphy74 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:36 am

I don't mind the Ghosting effect of the Quantum varieties. I just didn't want TARR infestations due to them teleporting into another corral (which is fixed in 0.6.0). Now if we can just get it where Tangle slime varieties won't gobble up plorts in other corrals. :| Solve one problem, and 100 more arise to take it's place. :D
clmurphy74
Rancher

Postby Locqe » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:42 pm

While it would be nice to have a blocker, it would make the game too easy. I'm all for optimizing the slimes so they go for the food in their corral first though
Locqe
Chickadoo

Postby fishkatz » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:48 am

I have had no trouble keeping my plain quantums and quantum hunters in even before I got them toys just keeping them well fed has been fine. They ghost all over but never teleport.
fishkatz
Plort

Return to General Discussion