7Zee Rewards Club costs feedback

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

7Zee Rewards Club costs feedback

Postby Nick » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:06 pm

Please use this thread to discuss the newbuck costs in the 7Zee Rewards Club. We want to make sure that the prices near the end require a great deal of work, but are not impossible for all but a few ranchers out there.

Discuss!

Update: Slime Rancher v0.5.1c contains some adjustments to the high end of the rewards club, based on your feedback and collected data. The costs now cap at 150k newbucks. Please keep in mind that this topic is still very much open to discussion and we will continue to revise as need be, so please continue the discussion!
Nick
Developer

Re: 7Zee Rewards Club costs feedback

Postby WaldenMC » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:18 pm

Could we get a history of past levels, how much they cost, and what rewards they gave?
WaldenMC
Chickadoo

Postby z0mbiesrock » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:37 pm

WaldenMC wrote:Could we get a history of past levels, how much they cost, and what rewards they gave?

Ditto. I hit max rank in less than 2 seconds.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
z0mbiesrock
Keeper

Postby Java » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:42 pm

i'm useless at this i've been struggling to get to the 20000 newbuck reward for like four hours now
java/tira, he/him pronouns, panro-ace demiboy.

be gay, drink cider, break boundaries

"Patto hikatte saita, hanabi o miteta,
Kitto mada owaranai natsu ga!"
Java
Rancher

Postby WaldenMC » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:47 pm

z0mbiesrock wrote:
WaldenMC wrote:Could we get a history of past levels, how much they cost, and what rewards they gave?

Ditto. I hit max rank in less than 2 seconds.

Can you record a video of the upgraded lab, docks and stuff?
WaldenMC
Chickadoo

Postby DarkCreature97 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:44 am

That's a good idea. I've been purchasing soo many things at the beginning that i don't even know what I've exactly bought.
I want more Slime Rancher tings fam.
DarkCreature97
Keeper

Postby JoshJustFails » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:06 am

I think there are too many levels the first 10 or so are so low cost they are pretty much pointless I think starting on 5000 and working up would be great, keeping the total around 1.5 mil, I don't think its too much and tank booster ultra being around 300k is also balanced.
JoshJustFails
Plort

Postby DarkCreature97 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:40 am

JoshJustFails wrote:I think there are too many levels the first 10 or so are so low cost they are pretty much pointless I think starting on 5000 and working up would be great, keeping the total around 1.5 mil, I don't think its too much and tank booster ultra being around 300k is also balanced.

Remember that you are playing after a few updates, which means that you already had enough money to buy those upgrades/features. If you look from a beginners perspective, even 1000 is quite alot of money.
I want more Slime Rancher tings fam.
DarkCreature97
Keeper

Postby Twerps3 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:36 am

Hi

- SECRET!
Twerps3
Rancher

Postby Nick » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Update: Slime Rancher v0.5.1c contains some adjustments to the high end of the rewards club, based on your feedback and collected data. The costs now cap at 150k newbucks. Please keep in mind that this topic is still very much open to discussion and we will continue to revise as need be, so please continue the discussion!
Nick
Developer

Postby CakeFlour » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:43 pm

Maybe rather than Each purchace increasing the price, make ranking based on how many purchaces made. 6k for a color pack seems a bit much. start out with a certain selection of unlocks, and once all unlocked are purchaced for a certain rank you can rank up and unlock more things. Seperate them based on category. Ranch Upgrades, Color Packs, Utilities, etc.
Support the goal of Golden Puddles!
CakeFlour
Rancher

Postby JoshJustFails » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:06 pm

After farming for money a bit today I thought that I wasn't money nearly as fast I thought I would be so I did some maths.

With the new cap in place it is still 1.3 mil to buy everything. For example keeping crystal slimes and selling at 75 newbucks (Slightly Above average) you would have to sell 17, 687 crystal plorts or selling 13,265 quantum plorts at 100 newbucks(Slightly Above average again). Getting 1000 plorts takes I think about 3-6 days dependent on method (not sure about this took me 5 pretty sure I could have sep it up) so it will take about 40-70 days of newbuck farming to max it out.

UNLESS the new slimes in 0.60 have higher plort prices like 30 newbucks or so which could reduce the amount of plorts you need to farm to 8000/9000 but of course if new levels of payback get introduced then this could counter this however would reduce days needed down to 30-60.

OVERALL I think the cap is currently too high and just makes endgame slime rancher newbuck farming with what we have in the game at the moment reducing it down to 1 mil and keeping stuff at the end high will reduce the plorts needed by 4500/3000 which keeps the top tier stuff exclusive but allowing players to unlock as much as they can (first 20 or so upgrades without too much farming anyway).

If new slimes sell plorts for much more then what we currently have is relatively fine (even adding another 2 tiers bringing the total up to ~1.5mil would remain fine) maybe rebalance all tiers so the last 8 aren't all 150 000 make it end on like 250 000 but reduce the cost of the earlier ones keep the vac upgrade total cost at like 250 000/300 000 tho.

I defo wrote too much.

TLDR I did maths it will take 40-70 days of farming to unlock everything I suggest we reduce total cost and rebalance unlocks so later ones are more costly but mid range ones are cheaper.
JoshJustFails
Plort

Postby JoshJustFails » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:10 pm

CakeFlour wrote:Maybe rather than Each purchace increasing the price, make ranking based on how many purchaces made. 6k for a color pack seems a bit much. start out with a certain selection of unlocks, and once all unlocked are purchaced for a certain rank you can rank up and unlock more things. Seperate them based on category. Ranch Upgrades, Color Packs, Utilities, etc.

I think its supposed to be more animal crossing paying off mortgage style than buy what rewards you want
The last 3 colour packs cost 150k each.
JoshJustFails
Plort

Postby CakeFlour » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:26 pm

I've considered grinding a bunch of Plorts with Crystal Quantum Largos. Then having afew puddle ponds in the docks area
Support the goal of Golden Puddles!
CakeFlour
Rancher

Postby Tintinara » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:11 pm

Ugh this is just like real life.. I buy everything and have no money left - then there's a half-price sale next day!

I thought the old prices were OK, they required heaps of work to get the gold rewards, although I wish the last one was something really fantastic (haven't thought about suggestions yet) rather than just ending up with a 'thank you' from 7Zee.
Tintinara
Chickadoo

Postby Java » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:23 pm

The last one should be something good.
Upgrade to the jetpack so that you can fly higher and hover for longer?
Maybe another option in the house that lets you play some sort of minigame, and then put in a gem-swipe esque thing with slimes? And you get newbucks or plorts or something for it?
The plort market gets permanently boosted so the average sell price of a pink plort is like 30, everything else goes up too?

Java
Rancher

Postby billango » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:50 pm

So I did a little experimenting to find how the rate at which I can make newbucks. I did a 24 hour (in game) run of just farming to see how much money I make each day. Starting the experiment with all plort collectors nearly empty, a relatively low stock market, and not selling any plorts from silos, I found that I made about 15k newbucks within the 24 hour period. I think I can make closer to 20-25k though if I had a better ranch. The ranch I used wasn't well optimized (the grotto is just a free ranch area for quantum/hunter slimes), and I also had not populated The Docks with any slimes/resources yet. I also don't always use the favorite food for a given slime, and do not have all of my corrals filled with as many slimes as I could. With a well optimized, dense, and efficient ranch, it is very reasonable to acquire 20k newbucks in a 24 hour day.
billango
Plort

Postby Java » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:27 am

billango wrote:So I did a little experimenting to find how the rate at which I can make newbucks. I did a 24 hour (in game) run of just farming to see how much money I make each day. Starting the experiment with all plort collectors nearly empty, a relatively low stock market, and not selling any plorts from silos, I found that I made about 15k newbucks within the 24 hour period. I think I can make closer to 20-25k though if I had a better ranch. The ranch I used wasn't well optimized (the grotto is just a free ranch area for quantum/hunter slimes), and I also had not populated The Docks with any slimes/resources yet. I also don't always use the favorite food for a given slime, and do not have all of my corrals filled with as many slimes as I could. With a well optimized, dense, and efficient ranch, it is very reasonable to acquire 20k newbucks in a 24 hour day.

How many corrals do you have, and what slimes are they filled with, and on average how many slimes to a corral? I'm curious lol, the most i can get in 24 hours is 5k.

Java
Rancher

Postby billango » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:36 am

Java wrote:
billango wrote:So I did a little experimenting to find how the rate at which I can make newbucks. I did a 24 hour (in game) run of just farming to see how much money I make each day. Starting the experiment with all plort collectors nearly empty, a relatively low stock market, and not selling any plorts from silos, I found that I made about 15k newbucks within the 24 hour period. I think I can make closer to 20-25k though if I had a better ranch. The ranch I used wasn't well optimized (the grotto is just a free ranch area for quantum/hunter slimes), and I also had not populated The Docks with any slimes/resources yet. I also don't always use the favorite food for a given slime, and do not have all of my corrals filled with as many slimes as I could. With a well optimized, dense, and efficient ranch, it is very reasonable to acquire 20k newbucks in a 24 hour day.

How many corrals do you have, and what slimes are they filled with, and on average how many slimes to a corral? I'm curious lol, the most i can get in 24 hours is 5k.

I am currently working on revamping my ranch to be more lucrative, so I am not sure about the exact numbers that I had. I probably had a 3:2 ratio of corrals to gardens/coops, but I also was free ranching in the grotto. I had each type of slime because I thought that would be fun, and I didn't fill up the corrals to max capacity bc I felt bad when I did. The revamp of my ranch that I am working on will be entirely for money making, and I have not tested this out, but what I have in mind is a ranch of almost entirely honey, rad, and hunter slimes. These slimes have relatively high minimum prices, and easy to farm "favorite foods." I will only be using mint mangoes and oca oca. You can also PACK corrals with these slimes, as they are pretty chill slimes and won't break through the top of a corral very easily, as something like a boom slime might. I will probably have a few variants of these slimes (crystal/honey slimes, rock/rad slimes, etc) but most of the ranch will be comprised of the 3 main slimes. I am also getting rid of the free ranching, and I am going to use all of the ranch areas as gardens or corrals. I'll post an update to how much I make in 24 hours after I finish the revamp.

UPDATE: Yeah. Instead of hunters I'm going to go with crystals as my third main slime. I forgot that Hunters go feral after awhile, so they like to bounce and jump out of corrals.
Last edited by billango on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
billango
Plort

Postby jereG » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:48 am

Someone please post a picture of the upgraded lab I heard it is pretty bad...
jereG
Chickadoo

Postby billango » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:44 pm

Okay so here is an update to my money making adventure. I did another run for 24 in game hours to see how much money I could make in that time. This time, with a revamped ranch, I made 47.5k newbucks in the 24 hours. I have 6.5 full corrals (one of the corrals is not full of slimes yet) and 13 gardens of only mint mango and oca oca. BTW, this means that I still have 7 (I think I counted right) free plots of land that could potentially made into corrals or gardens, and I could make even more money. I have 3 corrals of rad/honey slimes, 2 of honey/hunter slimes, 1 of crystal/honey, and 1 of hunter/crystal (I'm going to change this one though because it's too hard to get their favorite foods. So yeah... almost 50k newbucks in 24 hours with a ranch that still has 7 free areas to build on. I think it would be okay to make some very elite rewards for extremely high prices. To me, even a reward that costs 1,000,000 newbucks wouldn't be that unreasonable (given that it's a really cool prize that is worth it!) as it only would take 20 in game days of non-stop farming; alternatively, a player could just sleep til dawn to expedite food growth and plort production so it takes even less irl time.
billango
Plort

Postby billango » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:50 pm

jereG wrote:Someone please post a picture of the upgraded lab I heard it is pretty bad...

Here are some screenshots of the lab before and after the upgrade. The color of the lab looks different in the photos, but that is only because of the difference between the lighting during the day and night. It looks like the worn gate in front of the lab is just extended from what I can tell.

https://puu.sh/vthZu/51f310d88b.jpg
https://puu.sh/vthXL/8b3fd04f5b.jpg

https://puu.sh/vthTM/5542035974.png
https://puu.sh/vthVb/9621ac8e56.jpg
billango
Plort

Postby Tron » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:06 pm

I got around 10-11 purchases with about 25k. And it got expensive pretty fast. I would suggest toning it down a little but I like having to work towards buying stuff. Lastly, my biggest complaint is not having the option to switch back and forth between the old and new ranch (See my thread here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4230 ). Mainly I prefer the old style patio, pathway, fence and I want to have the option of enabling parts of the old ranch and parts of the new. For example I want to have the colors on my house but I don't want the new fence. Please maek this happen. Im not asking alot just a small feature that lets you control what you want your ranch to look like.
Heres a though you're reading this And of ALL the places to be in the universe of all the things to do in the universe AND of ALL the times you couldve Existed in the spacetime continuum youre reading this virtual block of text.Pretty amazing huh?
Tron
Rancher

Postby soulsynapse » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:49 pm

I think 7Zee is a mistake.

It's a grind gimmick instead of quality gameplay that the rest of the game focuses on.
soulsynapse
Plort

Postby Tron » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:45 pm

soulsynapse wrote:I think 7Zee is a mistake.

It's a grind gimmick instead of quality gameplay that the rest of the game focuses on.

I actually agree with you on this one. It wouldve been better if there was a spot to buy upgrades and colors for your home and having the option of toggling the upgrades on and off instead of making it a rank thing with non toggable upgrades and grinding.

I spend about 3 hours and got up to about 15 by using an ingame exploit. I did this getiing some crystal slime and two fully upgraded gardens and planted them with odd onions. Every morining I would get up collect the odd onions and carrots and feed them to the crystal slimes. I would later store their plots in a silo and aswell as 2 spare odd onions to replant the gardens if needed. Then I would sleep right after I dumped their plorts in a silo and wake up the next morning and do it again. When the silo was full I wouls skip days by sleeping untill the price of the crystal plot had gone up to about 80 then I would sell. I sold about 650 crystal plorts like this and made about 75kish. But honestly its mostly grinding and doesn't and any depth into the game.
Heres a though you're reading this And of ALL the places to be in the universe of all the things to do in the universe AND of ALL the times you couldve Existed in the spacetime continuum youre reading this virtual block of text.Pretty amazing huh?
Tron
Rancher

Next

Return to General Discussion