Slime Rancher v0.5.1 Discussion Thread

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Re: Slime Rancher v0.5.1 Discussion Thread

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:52 pm

WaldenMC wrote:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=908779545

The Echo Net treasure pod is located behind the vines I'm pointing at.

with how confusing the ruins are, that's actually a pretty good hint without being spoilery lol. to the ruins!

*edit* that being said, i've recently learned the layout of the ruins fairly well through searching for the treasure pod on my own and found it immediately lol. does anyone know how many it holds until it wont collect any more?
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Tintinara » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:27 pm

I don't think I ever would have found the echo net without that hint..

I'm really enjoying the update, except I agree with some of you - Casey is awful!

How long does it take for you to snare a gordo? I've had a few snares set and baited for about 15 in-game days with nothing happening.
Tintinara
Chickadoo

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:12 pm

i almost think the shoot/vac speed needs to be even faster with the slot upgrade. it's still really fast, but you have to stand there for probably as long as you used to have to.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby lukepkrees » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:32 pm

So...

...When is this coming to Xbox?
Your friendly neighbor hood tarr

Nom Nom Nom
lukepkrees
Rancher

Postby Dragonslime » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:47 pm

I checked my mailbox and it seems like by Sunday Xbox will have this
The rare but elusive dragon slime

255 limit sucks
I am multitude of things
Rancher
Explorer deluxe
Half time terrarian
Half time inventor
Full time toa hero
1/4 book writer
Dragonslime
Rancher

Postby soulsynapse » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:42 pm

this update feels real grindy
soulsynapse
Plort

Postby soulsynapse » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:52 pm

also stuff in the new area is growing very slowly even with all the upgrades
soulsynapse
Plort

Postby Bloo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:26 pm

duskflower wrote:I wouldn't mind feel-good letters from Mom, because it fits better with the rest of the game.

Yeah, I agree.
Bloo
Chickadoo

Postby DarkCreature97 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:39 pm

I love the upgrades to the expansions, but you have to agree that the upgrade to the lab is drier than the dry reef.
I want more Slime Rancher tings fam.
DarkCreature97
Keeper

Postby PrismSlime » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:43 pm

really even the grotto doesn't get that much. just those crystals are really pretty. the overgrowth got vip treatment compared to everything else. idk yet for the docks though.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Bloo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:45 pm

Do any of the membership tiers affect the broken bridges on the island? If not, I think repairs to those could be a handy higher-tier perk to have.
Bloo
Chickadoo

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:03 pm

Loving this update. Everything fits in with the theme of SR and is very enjoyable to complete.

I would prefer if the ranch brick walls and roostro windvan were togglable though. I prefered the wooden fences.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby CakeFlour » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:19 am

Probably an Unpopular opinion, but the Rubber Duckies i think could use a slight redesign, those vacant black eyes seem to stare at me when i'm not looking.
Support the goal of Golden Puddles!
CakeFlour
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:22 am

well yea, they gotta get the confidence for the puddle slimes from somewhere :P

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby RowletAlex » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:11 pm

Only just checked out the update yesterday, and it was pretty awesome! I love all the slime toys, once im not broke anymore I'm gonna get one for each of my pens. The docks seem designed to keep quantum slimes, whether free ranged on in corrals, which is AWESOME! I would like to be able to toggle the fancy brick fences and stuff, but it's not too big a deal. Oh, but a big deal I did notice was this bug where all my crops were gone, not leaving a single fruit behind, except a few pogofruit I think. I can't wait to start moving my quantum slimes to the docks, and have a possibly self sustaining system of fruit trees supplying the quantum's, and prepping the lab for the glass desert slimes. Speaking of free ranging, where's the placeable plort collector? I would really like one so I could possibly free range my tabby hunters in the grotto again. And has anyone seen any hunter or crystal gordos in gordo snares?
I. HAVE. RETURNED.

All ur chikkins r belong to bOB

“Oh give me a home, where the tree-foxes roam...”
RowletAlex
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:15 pm

crystal and hunter gordos can be gotten as any other. the only ones that can't are lucky, golden, and of course puddle. and depending on how long you've been out, your crops may have just rotten and disappeared before you got back.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby CakeFlour » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:26 pm

I've got a new Favorite Largo
CakeFlour
Rancher

Postby CakeFlour » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:27 pm

P.S.

Wheee....
CakeFlour
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:30 pm

i still need to know how big to feed them before they start pulsing from nearing their burst limit, but popping one next to another- i've never realized how huge they get! since nobody seems to know, i may do some testing on that and post the results. the bigger the better!

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Tron » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:39 pm

I suggest that they make the new enchancements like patio arch, fence, pathways toggable.
Heres a though you're reading this And of ALL the places to be in the universe of all the things to do in the universe AND of ALL the times you couldve Existed in the spacetime continuum youre reading this virtual block of text.Pretty amazing huh?
Tron
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:45 pm

if they fixed up the lab, it'd need a retractable roof i think so the slimes there can still get sun, or maybe just turn the whole thing into a greenhouse of sorts. i don't want to enclose the slimes really, but i still think it should be cleaned up a bit. that being said, the frozen violet chroma pack is gorgeous on it.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby CakeFlour » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:14 pm

Okay, so after doing daily rounds, I realized that it might be useful if we had a Plort Market Link Gadget. Similar to the Refinery Link, but it just sells plorts.
If this is already a thing, let me know.
CakeFlour
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:32 pm

its not, but a few people (including myself) gave requested it before, so maybe it'll be a thing in the future. though frnkly, my wholoe ranch is so streamline i don't think i'll get much use out of it lol. i have like no available spots in my lab where most of my slimes are. every good spot is taken by warp pads or extractors. it's basically my warp hub lol. i could maybe use one in my docks, but then i'd have to get rid of one of my gordos (i have one of each type there with the intention of making it my resort area lmao) or the refinery link there which i use to drop off the plorts from my free-range hunters. that being said, idk what i'm gonna do once the rest of the new slimes come out. there's only 11 gadget spots there lmao. maybe we can get some more gadget spots on some islands off the coast or on the cliffs up above? or there could already be more in some extrended part from the docks upgrade. i haven't quite gotten there yet so idk.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby CakeFlour » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:31 pm

My Issue with the Ranch, is that i'm constanly going between Feeding Slimes, Harvesting Food, Selling plorts, with no time to go out and explore.
CakeFlour
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:37 pm

i've actually had time to go out and explore, but i haven't been going out cuz i'm excited and set on getting the other ranks for the 7ZWC- specifically the upgrade for the docks. though idk how much time i'd have left over if i bothered to check my extractors daily. but if i ever get to the point where i have max of all the resources aside from the rare ones, i can get rid of my extractors all together and have some space in my lab for at least a quantum and boom gordo. the really rare resources you can actually get from gordo crates sometimes.

*edit*
ya know, if gilded gingers ever become an actual item, it could be possible to get a golden gordo o3o

PrismSlime
Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion