Frosty Caps- Winter Tundra Area

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

Frosty Caps- Winter Tundra Area

Postby PhospherTabbyLargo » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:08 pm

Frosty Caps

Brrrr... Anyone else have frostbite?

Area Description for Slimepedia
Frosty Caps is a large island south of the Glass Desert. Despite it's relative closeness to the extreme heats, it is a rather large island with a not-so large temperature. It is home to many unique slimes, with only those with thick enough slimy-coats to survive. Most slimes found elsewhere will perish in these extreme colds. Some say a rare gordo-like slime lives at the top of the largest mountain, but nobody's ever actually seen it.

Area Description for your Reading Pleasure
A large oval island with several peninsulas. Mountains surround 3/4 of the island, with 3 notably high ones, one of which being large and very tall. The sides not covered in mountains have hills with slightly jagged tops, implying that the mountains have been mined away there. No part of it is flat, either. There are caves inter-locking the many mountains. Towards the peaks, the caves open up into bridges going into other mountain caves. In the center, there is a large, rounded hill. On top is a large evergreen tree. This is the only tree inside the main island.

Slimes
What's a good area without some new slimes?

Due to the harsh environment, only tabby slimes and hunter slimes have safely adapted to live here. They are slightly paler, but otherwise identical. All other new slimes can be found below

Wooly Slime

Is it slime? Is it fur? Who cares, it would make a good blanket!

Diet
Meat

Favorite
Speedy Hen Hen

Slimeology
These slimes seem to have originated from another slime, but nobody can figure out what lies beneath its thick, brown coat. They are slow moving slimes that seem none the wiser about the cold environment that surrounds them. Their coat actually seems to have extreme heating abilities, as bringing them to somewhere with even mild temperatures causes them to run for the nearest water source, often being the slime sea. They are known among ranchers as a very oblivious slime. As long as they are in their freezing environment, they are seemingly happy and bliss about their harsh environment.

Rancher Risks
This slime is known for being peaceful- as long as it is at a freezing temperature. They have been known to jump into ponds when overheating, sending your puddle slimes and plorts flying into oblivion. They have also been known to run into corrals and create unintended largos- or worse. But as long as they keep cold, they'll be fine.

Plortinomics
This slime's plorts are actually made of thread. Back on Earth, they take the treads out and make heavy duty jackets. Just one layer of the stuff on your coat, and you'd last almost three times longer in the Arctic- not that it was a long time before...

Snow Slime

Warning- May melt on contact

Diet
Veggies

Favorite
Chill Bean

Slimeology
This slime looks like it belongs as the head to a snow man- and many have tried. This slime is known for its 97% snow makeup- The only thing keeping them together is just a small 2.5% of slime. We still do not know what the other 0.5% is. But anyways, it has a white color and eyes of solid black. Many theorize the other 0.5% is the coal that seems to make up its' eyes. It is known to be very fragile, and may melt into nothing but a plort if you so much as breath on it.

Rancher Risks
The only risks relating to this slime are the ones you pose to it. Being so much snow, it may melt if you touch it. So when vacing it up, be extra careful only the nozzle touches it. And if it is placed in a pen, it should have a solar shield, or it very well may melt. It isn't safe, however, for it to be used in largo making. Unless it is another wintry slime, it's cold genetic makeup isn't stable enough, and will otherwise create a Tarr immediately. So yeah, maybe it isn't so harmless...

Plortinomics
This plort is used to create cooling systems in computers and other technologies. Due to its' cold nature, it will keep a computer cool for longer times. And, companies can make some extra cash when the cooling system melts. Those new-fangled companies are always looking for ways to make you pay extra.

Penguin Slime

Waddle I do with you?

Diet
Meat

Favorite
Fishy Fish

Slimeology
This slime is known for, yes, being cute. But it uses that to its' advantage. It will, first hop up to the rancher. With its' open mouth and huge, sparking eyes, only a monster would turn it down. It then eats the food and runs away, making the plort hard to get to. It will turn up again, and will follow you, making obnoxious noises. It only stops if you feed it. But then it starts again. Sometimes, the flock might notice you, and begin to bug you. They are annoying buggers, but if you suck them up in the vac pack then let them out, they get confused. This is your chance to escape. But nobody would blame you for tossing them in the Slime Sea, instead.

Rancher Risks
As stated before, these little guys are known for taking food and running off to plort elsewhere. If not corralled, they may plort in a bad place, like right in front of a hungry largo...

Plortinomics
These plorts are known for being a delicacy on Earth. They are ground up and served on fish dinners. This is known on Earth as "Pengwenizing" food, and can cost a pretty penny. But most people don't know they are actually eating poop...

Owleree Slime

Owl just let myself out, now

Diet
Fruit

Favorite
Pekeree Berry

Slimeology
These slimes are genetically modified hybrids of Earth's snowy owls and an unsuspecting slime. The creator, who's whereabouts are unknown, was trying to create a slime with the power to fly anywhere, but genetics were not his forte. Instead of flying, it can glide with it's slimy, not feathery, wings. They can also turn their "head", or basically their upper body all the way around. They are very scared of humans, however, and at the sight will glide away.

Rancher Risks
Despite eating fruits, these slime aren't afraid to take a bite out of anything that surprises it. They are very scared naturally, and only will become accustomed to you after a few meals. Largos, however, are naturally hostile. They owleree slime in them is very scared, and therefore is naturally feral.

Plortinomics
This slime's plorts contain a large portion of the chemicals needed to help injured bird back on Earth. It, when combined with some Earth chemicals, can heal everything from a small wound to a broken wing.

Abominable Slime

It's just a myth... right?

Diet
Meat

Favorite
Violent Violets Fish

Slimeology
Hopefully just a myth, this slime is said to lurk the cavern at the top of the highest mountain. It is the size of a Gordo, but they say it can actually get up and move. It lays dormant in its' cave, and the only way to awaken it is to feed it the rare Violent Violets, a rare species of fish fish. Everything else "known" about it are just rumors, edited and changed over time. On thing that has stayed the same, however, is that if it is taken from its' cave, it will express its' rage by eating any slime that gets too close.

Rancher Risks
This slime is enormous, and cannot be taken from the cave easily. If you manage, however, it won't go far. It'll take a good bite out of anything that lays in it's path. Being to large to scale the mountain, it will, after expressing its' seemingly limitless rage, divide into 3 slimes, taking the size of largos. They will take the various tunnels back to the cave, where they will reform. Trying to take one off course is a death wish- They will chomp into you so hard you'll drop them, and loose a large amount of health, too.

Plortinomics
This slime's plort has no use on Earth other than at The Museum Of Interstellar Travels and the Slimy Kind, where they will pay big bucks to have the plort of such a slime on display. Otherwise, the plort is useless. But the second you send one in, the science department at the MITSK will want a good look at. They too will pay big bucks for some more to test on.

Resources

Speedy Hen Hen

Faster faster faster!

Type
Meat

Favored By
Wooly Slime

On The Ranch
This breed of Hen Hen is adapted to live in the cold by running fast and constantly. The rarely stop, and the speed of their little legs, combined with their slightly thicker feathers, makes for a not frozen chicken, which is always nice.

Speedy Chickadoo

Gotta go fast!

Type
Meat

Favored By
Not Edible

On The Ranch
These little rascals are known for never stopping- the childish fun and games combined with a need for speed means a stopped speedy chickadoo a thing only though of.

Fish Fish*

Blub blub blub. Its a fish, what else is there to say?

Favored By
None

On The Ranch
These little guys are, frankly, dumb. They will swim into walls, not swim away from a slime obviously trying to eat them, or just sit there. Doing nothing. Nobody knows how they have lived this long, but it makes sense why they are at the bottom of the food chain

Fishy Fish

This guy is throwin' me some shade

On The Ranch
These little guys are often found sneaking around at the bottom of ponds and lakes. They avoid contact and keep to themselves. They look like they are doing everything, but nothing. Nobody can put a finger on it, but they are some shady little guys.

Coral Fish

So colorful, but still boring

Type
Meat

Favored By
None (Yet)

On The Ranch
These fish are incredibly colorful. They are known to come in colors like amber, blue, deep purple, and even pink. They can, like hunter slimes, turn almost invisible. Their eyes and fins are still visible, and the water looks distorted around them. Scientists believe this is a coping mechanism for being so noticeable, but why they just got less colorful through evolution we may never know.

Violent Violets

Ouch! That hurt!

Type
Meat

Favored By
Abominable Slime

On The Ranch
These are the most dangerous breed of fish fish, though very rare. They hide in groups of Coral Fish, then, when the moment is right, reveal their true colors. They are slightly larger than normal Fish Fish, and have a distinct violet hue. They eat other fish fish quickly, and have been compared to the Tarr of the fish fish world.

Chill Bean

The chillest bean on the block, yo!

Type
Veggie

Favored By
Snow Slime

On The Ranch
Likely just a frozen bean, it barely counts at a food at all. It has been proven, by a rancher adventurous enough to try it, that it simply tastes like ice with coffee bean grains in the middle. Further examination, however, reveals that it is actually a rare bean that may increase jump height in slimes. The coffee taste was probably what they had for breakfast, though.

Pekree Berry

Looks like some ice cream, tastes like some bones...

Type
Fruit

Favored By
Owlree Slime

On The Ranch
This berry is known for tasting very bitter and brittle, though how nobody can explain. It is likely favored by the Owlree Slime because the strange, cone shaped fruit is made from the waste of a wild plant similar to Earth's venus fly trap, but for mice. The mouse part is probably why the part owl slime likes it. It is also probably why no ranchers report rats on the Far, Far Range.

Phew, that was a lot!I feel like I just accomplished something! (Phhhft! Like that'll ever happen!) 13 Slimepedia Entries! That seems like too many for one post. If you made it this far, you deserve 5 Gold Plorts and a Hunter Slime Plushie (Let's face it, who wouldn't want one?)

EDIT-
Due to the revival of the BetterBuild Mod (Great mod for Slime Rancher that lets you make custom areas), upon its' release, I will be creating this area. Hopefully it will be better than most things I make...

*Idea and drawings found here
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2316
Last edited by PhospherTabbyLargo on Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I swear I don't talk so formal in life

I'll leave now...

-----------------------------------------------
Profile Pic Created By Cookid123
PhospherTabbyLargo
Rancher

Location: The Mossy Blanket's Very Own Hunter Isle. (Real Place)

Re: Frosty Caps- Winter Tundra Area

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:00 am

I love this, especially the amount of effort that went into this!

P.S. When do I get the hunter slime plushie?
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Twerps3 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:31 pm

Love this so much, but you can't really use the better build mod to build it (When it comes out)
it only includes stuff in the game! sure, you can't Completely build it but I have faith in you!
Hi

- SECRET!
Twerps3
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:03 am

Twerps3 wrote:Love this so much, but you can't really use the better build mod to build it (When it comes out)
it only includes stuff in the game! sure, you can't Completely build it but I have faith in you!

Especially since there's no white or blue land in the game. The closest you can get to that is by using the Indigo Quarry land elements.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Onyxdragon » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:56 am

I think this biome would be really unique compared to the other ones, and your slimes really fit in with the biome!
I’m a cryptid that appears here every 100 years.

Started on this forum in high school, now in my last year of college.
Onyxdragon
Rancher

Postby Smudgedhorizon » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:33 am

I absolutely love the idea of wintery/arctic themed slimes and area (and foods).
Smudgedhorizon
Chickadoo

Postby GreatRancher » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:26 am

I see the map so small, and they say that the Glass Desert will be of the last ones. I would like to see something more bright than a Gold Slime, hope Snow enters in the weather.
Hey, don't look down here!
There's NOTHING!Except...a signature
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Location: Spain,I'm not from England or America or Ireland.I'm from Neptune and Mars too :)

Postby HKdragonboy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:59 am

I made a couple of your frosty cap slimes!
HKdragonboy
Plort

Postby Java » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:38 pm

This.
This is the only good snow slime idea.
java/tira, he/him pronouns, panro-ace demiboy.

be gay, drink cider, break boundaries

"Patto hikatte saita, hanabi o miteta,
Kitto mada owaranai natsu ga!"
Java
Rancher

Return to Creative