The Ruins are missing something :/

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

The Ruins are missing something :/

Postby Freeasabird » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:51 pm

Its a pretty cool spot if i do say so myself, its got this mysterious thing going on. Not gonna bother grabbing the slimes however, pain the hind quarters.

But i feel theres just, something missing from this new location. an Ancient treasure!. like, this place needed a tiny bit of effort to unlock, it would be cool beans if there was some kind of hidden treasure in this place you could find behind a clever puzzle of some sort. Like magical boots that allow you to jump higher or perhaps run faster or SOMETHING some like, Golden boots or something :) yeah :D

This place is quite large, and theres a lot of unused space. would be cool if you added some puzzles to unlock secret passageways, and go deeper into the temple.
Boom slimes, Rocks Slimes, No Pain No gain.
Freeasabird
Rancher

Re: The Ruins are missing something :/

Postby lukepkrees » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:41 am

Well to be fair in a later update the Ruins are going to act as a gateway to the Glass Desert which is an endgame area so the Ruins are going to be useful for something.

But I do agree I feel there should be something cool in the Ruins, like something to prepare you for the Glass Desert.
Your friendly neighbor hood tarr

Nom Nom Nom
lukepkrees
Rancher

Postby Tron » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:55 pm

So what you saying sounds very much metroidvania. Maybe once you unlock the ruins faster boots are unlocked in the shop. Or maybe you can buy them first from the slime scince bluprint spot then buy them in the shop.
Heres a though you're reading this And of ALL the places to be in the universe of all the things to do in the universe AND of ALL the times you couldve Existed in the spacetime continuum youre reading this virtual block of text.Pretty amazing huh?
Tron
Rancher

Postby Freeasabird » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:43 am

Tron wrote:So what you saying sounds very much metroidvania. Maybe once you unlock the ruins faster boots are unlocked in the shop. Or maybe you can buy them first from the slime science blueprint spot then buy them in the shop.

Well, like You unlock the place, you explore around a bit, and you find a strange runed wall somewhere deep in the temple, you notice an ancient contraption in this room perhaps using those ecco's you could find a way to activate this contraption. once the thing is activated the runed wall glows and either crumbles or slides down or up or disappearing entirely.

Beyond this wall theres a long hallway or stairs going deeper into the temple and THEN a long dark hallway or something, filled with feral crystal slimes or something. once they've been taken care of one way or another, beyond is a large room with a giant stone carving of a..hm, Pink slime i guess :/ anyways-in the center of the room.

On all four corners of the room there will be..hmm..colored beams of light corresponding to a particular slime like Rad Green, Boomer Red, Phosphor white, and Tarr black, (somehow you'd have to get a tarr all the way over here and put it into its beam.) (idk)

Once thats done all four slimes spin and disappear into sparkles or something stupid and the stone slime in the center of the room starts to shake causing a slight but quick tremor in the earth, the stone slime starts to rise releasing long sealed air as it rises with a PSHHT!!. It rises and reveals an ancient artifact that you could take back to the Blueprint machine to have it scanned. once done a new upgrade will be available for you vacc gun or Boots or whatever. yah know something neat.
Freeasabird
Rancher

Postby jereG » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:34 am

I would rather think of something small, as the slimepidea sais: its deepest chamber hides its deepest secret. It would be cool that when the boom gordo explodes he would reveal a hidden passage filled whit door puzzles, at the end there would be a small room whit drawings on the walls telling what happened in the ruins and in the middle of the room a statue of a golden slime. in front of the statue is a stone bowl with a few golden plorts in it. nothing too complicated, just a cool hidden area.
jereG
Chickadoo

Postby Gustim » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:35 am

If they were going to add something to the ancient ruins, I would have them add a new slime. The actual area is perfect and pretty. While ancient treasure would be cool, an aggressive slime that hides in the lower areas of the ruins would be really cool.
~Boom Slimes are red,
Mixmasters are blue
This little rancher
Plays Spiral Knights too
<3
Gustim
Chickadoo

Postby Dragonking » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:44 pm

The ruins needs another slime able to be found like idunno mabey a pink slime cousin or something
The rare but elusive Dragon slime

How many lowes could Rod Lowe rob if Rob Lowe could rob lowes
Dragonking
Rancher

Postby GreatRancher » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:39 am

Dragonking wrote:The ruins needs another slime able to be found like idunno mabey a pink slime cousin or something

Honey slimes are technically the same.
Every slime has his second like form, or more productive model:
Pink|Honey
Rock|Crystal
Tabby|Hunter
Phosphor|???(Probably Mosaic or one of the trinity)
Boom|Meteor?Or another one like Rad
Rad|Puddle, possibly, or Boom, or the almighty secret ???, or just ??? changes with meteor.
Gold|Lucky
Tarr|Tarr|Tarr|Tarr|Tarr|Tarr|Tarr|Tarr|Tarr|Tarr|Tarr|Tarr|Tarr|Tarr|Tarr|Tarr|Tarr|Tarr|Tarr, all Tarr is equal Tarr
Hey, don't look down here!
There's NOTHING!Except...a signature
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Location: Spain,I'm not from England or America or Ireland.I'm from Neptune and Mars too :)

Postby GreatRancher » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:44 am

lukepkrees wrote:Well to be fair in a later update the Ruins are going to act as a gateway to the Glass Desert which is an endgame area so the Ruins are going to be useful for something.

But I do agree I feel there should be something cool in the Ruins, like something to prepare you for the Glass Desert.

1:We don't know EXACTLY that the gate is for the Glass Desert.
2:The Ruins are already hard, the treasure pods are tricky without any guide, and the Quantum Gordo is very well positioned, in change the Boom One, well, the wall could been more secretly hide.
3:Also, actually, without a Jetpack and lots of energy, minimun 150 it would be very hard to navigate in the Ruins. So don't say to much or you'll finally will have to get a 999 energy jetpack to navigate through the Glass Desert.
Hey, don't look down here!
There's NOTHING!Except...a signature
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Location: Spain,I'm not from England or America or Ireland.I'm from Neptune and Mars too :)

Postby WOLRUS » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:44 am

I think that the ruins seem fine. Like, there is a new slime, new resources, carrots (how preposterous) and a typical biome, which is quite hard to navigate for me.
WOLRUS
Rancher

Location: The infinite void in the depths of the universe...kidding, an oasis in the Glass Desert.

Postby Freeasabird » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:48 pm

WOLRUS wrote:I think that the ruins seem fine. Like, there is a new slime, new resources, carrots (how preposterous) and a typical biome, which is quite hard to navigate for me.

The Ruins can't just be simply to house Quantem slimes, like all the others. thats boring and a waste of potential. i mean, why do these quantums exist?, how is it that they came to be? WHY was this ancient Ruin Built and for what purpose? and by whom? What went on hear a million years ago to cause such a time singularity that brought about these new slimes? these questions and possibly more fail to be answered. I would just like to find some interesting Lore to this place. something to uncover, a little mystery to solve. these ruins are, or can be quite fascinating and i would like to learn more about the place (In game) and its origin and purpose even slightly, leave a little for interpretation.
Freeasabird
Rancher

Postby duskflower » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:34 am

GreatRancher wrote:
lukepkrees wrote:Well to be fair in a later update the Ruins are going to act as a gateway to the Glass Desert which is an endgame area so the Ruins are going to be useful for something.

1:We don't know EXACTLY that the gate is for the Glass Desert.
2:The Ruins are already hard, the treasure pods are tricky without any guide, and the Quantum Gordo is very well positioned, in change the Boom One, well, the wall could been more secretly hide.
3:Also, actually, without a Jetpack and lots of energy, minimun 150 it would be very hard to navigate in the Ruins. So don't say to much or you'll finally will have to get a 999 energy jetpack to navigate through the Glass Desert.

Firstly, I'd appreciate you using spellcheck because your posts are a little difficult to read. Thanks! ^u^

Secondly, we actually do know that the Ruins 'play an important part in reaching the Glass Desert', according to the Development Roadmap.
duskflower
Rancher

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:06 pm

What about a slime science gadget, like a placeable sversion of the massive slime gate for decoration?
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Return to General Discussion