Slime Rancher v0.5.0 Discussion Thread

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Re: Slime Rancher v0.5.0 Discussion Thread

Postby DinosaurSlime » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:34 pm

PrismSlime wrote:i like how everyone complains that the game's too easy, then continues to complain when a difficult to manage slime comes along. a corral upgrade to minimize their effects would be nice, but nothing to absolutely stop them. otherwise they may as well be pinks.

That's what I said, it doesn't completely contain them, but lowers the chance

Also I never complain this is the first time I have, and even then I don't care that much
Quantum Slimes are a pain.......

My Map/Slime Ideas
DinosaurSlime
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:29 pm

i know, just in general. i kinda just learn to deal with whatever is presented to me.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Miomilla » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:50 am

Hello!
Just wanted to report some bugs and tell that I love the Ruins, I knew I would want to live there! Give me a tent so I could stay here >.<
ImageImage

So cozy, peaceful, and sunny when it's day, and charming and creepy at night.

I love to make the first steps toward Ruins - do you know why? Because of those gentle notes at the beginning of the Ruins soundtrack.
That puzzle door - easy to solve but great anyway ^^ I like how they look.

...and how they sound! - They sing as slimes sing in the trailer! <3 <3 <3

I think that's great that those quantum slimes and angry hungry hunter largos are less controllable now - you are in a dilemma of brinning quantums to the ranch and risking or leaving them in the Ruins. Completely agree with reverting hungry hunter largos to their feral form - you must now take more care of your slimes.

Thank you, Monomi Park, for your work, and a special thanks for optimization from our group members.

Aaaaand here are some bugs that we found (sorry for not short list):
- cool fountain
- some of us dive under the lab

Translation needs to be fixed too (thanks for previous translation fixes btw):
- Why is tabby slime translated as "мяуровый"? Tabby isn't "meowish", tabby means "полосатый". Please, we don't know the word "мяуровый" that some half-educated translators made up, we want the original tabby as "cat with stripes".
- Why vacpack is translated as "пылесос"? Is it true that vacpack is real vacuum cleaner in a backpack? We think that this is some kind of vacuum backpack, so we suggest simple "вакпак" or "вакуумный ранец" (as similar to jetpack and "реактивный ранец").
- Hasty Exchange achievement description: "BEFORE 2 PM" missing, without "BEFORE 2 PM" people don't understand how to get the achievement.
- Quantum slime description: "Бесконечные энергия, курицы - да что угодно." Dash is needed. Because "энергия" and "курицы" have general "да что угодно". Rules.
- Mossy Tree Stump description: "Всё, что осталось от одного из самых величественных деревьев Мшистого Покрова." Comma is needed, just because this is typical complex sentence.
- Hexium Formation - "Гексаформация": гексА- because there is no "гексо-" in Russian.
- It's correct to translate Crystal Sconce as "Кристальный светильник" or "Кристальное бра"; sconce is not "канделябр", because "канделябр" consists of several "holders" for candles/lamps.
- "I'm a slime rancher much like yourself but I mostly fancy myself as a farmer."
It is not correct to call someone "крестьянин" now. You could meet last "крестьянин" more than 150 years ago, they aren't exist now.
- Refinery link isn't "перерабатывающая связь", because 1. "связь" isn't real thing and it cannot be touched; link is "канал связи". 2. Link cannot refine, it only delivers resources to refinery; so refinery link means "канал связи с перерабатывающим заводом".
- Any Russian text doesn't fit this window: Image
- Mochi says: "Последнее, чего бы мне хотелось, - это заставить тебя выглядеть нелепо." Dash is needed. Rules.
- In the Pink Coral Columns description: "Эти коралловые башни служат напоминанием о том, что Сухой Риф однажды был под уровнем Моря Слизи". "Напоминание о" is only correct. You never find "напоминание того, что...". For example.
- Phase lemon description: "Стоит только положить фазовый лимон в депозитарий участка, и у тебя вырастет высокое дерево." "ВырастЕт" is only correct here, because forms of "вырасти" and "вырастить" have different endings. Use dictionaries.
- "Седмичник" doesn't associate with star. If Nick wanted to say that star flower is a real flower Trientalis (that can be translated as "седмичник"), then ok. But we think that star flower is, first of all, a flower that is related to star. If so, "седмичник" and all the botanics don't matter, it is rather "звездоцвет" or something like that ("звезда" means star, "цвет" - flower).
- Decorations description: "Декор - это вид устройств слаймонауки, который позволяет тебе облагородить мир красивыми предметами или воссоздать твои находки в естественном мире." "Findings" in the original text means your own findings, in-game translation is disappointing.
- Refinery description: "Используя передовые технологии, перерабатывающий завод расщепляет плорты и другие ресурсы до их молекулярного уровня, чтобы потом использовать их для создания различных устройств слаймонауки." Your text looks like google translate.
Join our Russian Slime Rancher network:
VK community | wiki | twitter | russian patch (for v.0.2.2-0.3.6)
Miomilla
Chickadoo

Postby GrimRose0 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:31 am

clmurphy74 wrote:
z0mbiesrock wrote:
PrismSlime wrote:quantums are too unstable for this world. finding false terrain everywhere :( also phase lemons are a lot harder to work with than i thought! really gonna need that new expansion to keep up with them...

Good luck.

clmurphy74 wrote:Finding phase lemons a bit hard...also how do we grow/harvest them?!?

So far I've only found the treasure pods in the new area. :|

Just Shoot ANY fruit into a phasing lemon tree WITH lemons on it that are ripe. The lemons will fall off and become vacable, BUT you will lose the fruit that goes into them. You can plant them like any other tree, but u hafta sadurfice a fruit to get a fruit. So only do it when the price is high.
Steam: LaughingTigerShark
Instagram Art: grimrose0, dezy_the_artist, toonistzach

I am a Novilist who is traveling all over the Slime Sea and gathering all kinds of Slimes to help me make a Legendary story.
My Companion is a Honey Slime named Gabriel.
GrimRose0
Chickadoo

Postby Raxel920 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:26 am

You need to give the lemons another fruit and they will fall off the tree. Just shoot some fruit - preferably Pogofruit - at the trunk and enjoy you lemons.
Raxel920
Rancher

Postby Raxel920 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:27 am

Oops, posted at the same time as you!
Raxel920
Rancher

Postby z0mbiesrock » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:49 pm

When is the next update?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
z0mbiesrock