WE NEED MORE SPACE

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

WE NEED MORE SPACE

Postby TheNutellaLlama » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:11 pm

Ok so I was thinking to store all items (other than science items) how many silos will I need if I want to store one of each type of chicken, plort and food? How many corrals/ponds will I need if I live off largos?
How many farms for each type of food? In order to store all food items I need 10 silo spaces and I will need 10 farms.
For all types of chickens (including all chickadoos and elders) I will need 9 silo spaces.
I use the Overgrowth at the farm and don't build coops which lets my chickens run free AND still breed!
For all slimes/plorts I will need 5 corrals and a pond. I will also need 11 silo spaces.
Now one silo has 4 spaces (once fully upgraded) and I will need 30 spaces. So I need 8 silos (which means 2 spaces left) I will need 10 farms and 6 corrals/ponds aswell!
Which means there has to be atleast 24 spots on the farm but there are only 21 spaces!
WE NEED MORE ROOM PLEASE!
BASK IN THE GLORY OF YOUR QUEEN LLAMA! ME!!
TheNutellaLlama
Plort

Re: WE NEED MORE SPACE

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:33 pm

Why all caps in the title?
Anyways, why would you have to store all of the foods? Will you store pogofruits and carrots? Because that's pointless. Keeping in chickadoos and elders is pointless too. Storing most of the plorts is, you guessed it, pointless! Plort collectors do that stuff already. So basically, you don't need to store literally everything. But, if you still want to do this for some strange reason, then you'll have to wait until the next minor updates arrive, because that's when the new ranch expansion is going to be added.

Welcome to the forums!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby PrismSlime » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:22 pm

right now i'm comfortably storing 100 of every edible resource and corrals for every slime types (shared by largos) and have just enough space for everything i need. enough money to where all plorts just go to the refinery, or sell anyway when that's full (which i make sure it does) i even have a supply of elders and chickadoos. i do this mostly for the ranch exchange, but also for potential gordos and as on the rare occasions when i miss a final harvest of crops so i can still feed my slimes. assuming the next new area have at least 5 plots, i can have enough space for the 3 new slimes coming with the glass desert too. though i wouldn't mind an extra slot or two for another silo to cover the new food., and mybe a free farm plot to top off my reserves whenever i have to use any of them. if not, i still have loads of warp depots i can use. just gotta find a good place to keep them all together.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Incoherrant » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:57 am

There are 22 plots and 41 types of collectibles (17 kinds of food, 12 kinds of plorts, 12 slime science materials).

Assuming you want to have a hoard of each item just for the sake of having a collection, you only need to put silos in half of the available plots. If you can select one item to not hoard (like pink plorts that you can always get more of) or if you don't want to hoard slime science mats, that frees up another 1-4 plots That leaves you with 11+ plots to corral slimes and grow food, which should be plenty to let you do sustained farming for extractors. Just grow one resource at a time in several plots to fill up your collection, then stop bothering with that resource once the silo spot is full.

This sort of collection is one among a couple of ingame goals that takes over most of your farm, so if you also wanted, say, a zoo of every type of largos, you'd be having a lot of issues, but just the item collection shouldn't be too much of a space concern.
Incoherrant
Plort

Postby PrismSlime » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:39 am

as much as i'd personally love to have a corral for every largo, there sadly isn't nearlt enough space, or hours in the day to do so. =/ still, i can at least have every slime type covered.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

The dilemma and bane of all ranchers.

Postby SpiralRancher » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:40 am

There is never enough space. That's why we call it management.
SpiralRancher
Rancher

Return to General Discussion