Dear devs, please help me.

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Dear devs, please help me.

Postby Ameisenfutter » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:49 pm

Please add a way to collect plorts of free-roaming slimes automatically.

I'm dying. Literally.
Ameisenfutter
Plort

Re: Dear devs, please help me.

Postby CashMoney » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:11 pm

Thats just the tradeoff you have to make when you decide to free-ranch your slimes vs keeping them in corrals. If there was an easy way to collect plorts from free-ranched slimes, nobody would bother with corrals at all.

in the end, it has to be this way
Introducing... The Shiba Slime!

You: "Don't you think that's enough honey-boom largos?"
Me: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
CashMoney
Rancher

Postby Ameisenfutter » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:01 am

I disagree. Keeping slimes in corrals feels more like "Slime Imprisoner" instead of "Slime Rancher". Also, there's no reason why there shouldn't be a gadget that allows collecting plorts of freeroaming slimes. Slime science is lategame stuff (so corrals still have an advantage by being available early in game) and supposed to make your life easier. Furthermore, when keeping free-ranch slimes you have to worry about turning slimes into tarrs, limiting you to possible largo combinations (as there are only 4 ranch regions available as of now, with the lab and the main ranch being less suitable for keeping slimes).
Ameisenfutter
Plort

Postby GreatRancher » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:10 pm

Slimes slimes...they are very unfit in corrals...but then everyone doesn't think about how zoo animals feel in their poorly made corrals, thinking of their dead families...think just a moment and reflex about all.
Hey, don't look down here!
There's NOTHING!Except...a signature
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Location: Spain,I'm not from England or America or Ireland.I'm from Neptune and Mars too :)

Postby duskflower » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:21 pm

GreatRancher wrote:Slimes slimes...they are very unfit in corrals...but then everyone doesn't think about how zoo animals feel in their poorly made corrals, thinking of their dead families...think just a moment and reflex about all.

..Dead families?

I assume you are referring to roadside zoos instead of bigger, very humane zoos. Since slimes aren't real, they are just fine in small corrals but AI or not I do agree that it makes you feel guilty for taking slimes out of the wild and sticking them in tiny corrals.

And, I'm sorry, but I can't 'reflex' on anything. Did you mean reflect? That makes more sense.
duskflower
Rancher

Postby Ameisenfutter » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:53 am

what the hell did I just read
Ameisenfutter
Plort

Postby TheJewelOfJool » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:02 am

Ameisenfutter wrote:what the hell did I just read

A spiel from People for the Ethical Treatment of Slimes
TheJewelOfJool
Rancher

Postby JasontheBasin » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:13 pm

"adur adur adur lok at me I wunna mek evrywun spam devs 4 free ultra op +infinite health/energy gadget that givs u infinite money and suks up plortz bekuz um net willin 2 face de dangr I go thro to get the plortz and I juzt want game to be so eeeeezeeeeeee dat everi plort givs infinite moni and slimez produze plortz every millisecond"

That is what I see reading what the "ANTI-ANIMAL ABUSE" people said
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby duskflower » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:22 pm

JasontheBasin wrote:"adur adur adur lok at me I wunna mek evrywun spam devs 4 free ultra op +infinite health/energy gadget that givs u infinite money and suks up plortz bekuz um net willin 2 face de dangr I go thro to get the plortz and I juzt want game to be so eeeeezeeeeeee dat everi plort givs infinite moni and slimez produze plortz every millisecond"

(mockery isn't a very good habit, nor does it makes you seem all that mature. But I'll just gently ignore it, okay?)

It's a perfectly valid suggestion for a plort roomba, because it IS really difficult to gather 400 plorts in a room full of dangerous slimes that all simultaneously target you. The roomba wouldn't be OP (it'd probably only be able to suck up 100 plorts at a time, like a collector) and it could even break, but asking for one isn't unreasonable. Even when it's not dangerous, it IS really painstaking to suck up 500+ plorts and go back and forth getting rid of them all. It's not difficult in that case, but it is exceedingly dull.
duskflower
Rancher

Postby asdfghjklinkin » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:20 pm

duskflower wrote:
JasontheBasin wrote:"adur adur adur lok at me I wunna mek evrywun spam devs 4 free ultra op +infinite health/energy gadget that givs u infinite money and suks up plortz bekuz um net willin 2 face de dangr I go thro to get the plortz and I juzt want game to be so eeeeezeeeeeee dat everi plort givs infinite moni and slimez produze plortz every millisecond"

(mockery isn't a very good habit, nor does it makes you seem all that mature. But I'll just gently ignore it, okay?)

It's a perfectly valid suggestion for a plort roomba, because it IS really difficult to gather 400 plorts in a room full of dangerous slimes that all simultaneously target you. The roomba wouldn't be OP (it'd probably only be able to suck up 100 plorts at a time, like a collector) and it could even break, but asking for one isn't unreasonable. Even when it's not dangerous, it IS really painstaking to suck up 500+ plorts and go back and forth getting rid of them all. It's not difficult in that case, but it is exceedingly dull.

even better, plort DJ roomba that plays music for the slimes while it collects plorts
I'm Linkin.
asdfghjklinkin
Rancher

Postby Twerps3 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:15 pm

I got that reference!
Hi

- SECRET!
Twerps3
Rancher

Postby SpiralRancher » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:21 pm

duskflower wrote:It's a perfectly valid suggestion for a plort roomba, because it IS really difficult to gather 400 plorts in a room full of dangerous slimes that all simultaneously target you. The roomba wouldn't be OP (it'd probably only be able to suck up 100 plorts at a time, like a collector) and it could even break, but asking for one isn't unreasonable. Even when it's not dangerous, it IS really painstaking to suck up 500+ plorts and go back and forth getting rid of them all. It's not difficult in that case, but it is exceedingly dull.

I will be disappointed if the roomba does not explode in a massive shower of plorts flying in all directions.
SpiralRancher
Rancher

Return to General Discussion