Multiplayer?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Multiplayer?

Postby gsop » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:36 pm

Will there be any form of multiplayer? Me and my friend both loving trying out the bug-testing version, and when we buy the full game will we be able to play together?
gsop
Plort

Re: Multiplayer?

Postby CrazeePi » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:44 pm

I doubt it.
If an admin or such sees this please delete this account. I did not see any way to delete this account in the settings.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Postby ZeakStarwind » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:20 pm

The game itself is singleplayer only as it has a storyline about Beatrix with the Far, Far Range amongst other history to progress. While it is only singleplayer right now, who knows. Depending on how development goes and suggestions, we may get multiplayer for probably just sport like minigames, special campaign, etc. Either way, I'll still enjoy this game even if it's singleplayer only.
I choose my own path...Destiny is not of virtue. Also...Lizards...
ZeakStarwind
Chickadoo

Postby Krakob » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:09 am

It doesn't really strike me as a multiplayer game, considering how it's quite inspired by the likes of Harvest Moon. If Monomi had any plans on multiplayer I'd assume they'd already started implementing it given that it's a very complex matter and adding it in hindsight requires rewriting a huge portion of the game.
Krakob
Admin

Postby Kiba » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:48 am

And besides that, the player character doesn't even have a model. You wouldn't be able to see each other.
Kiba
Rancher

Postby Juvo » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:11 am

I don't think it will happen either, but if 'by any chance' there will be a multiplayer mode in the future, I would love to see the possiblities.
Juvo
Plort

Return to General Discussion