Slime Science Discussion Thread

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Re: Slime Science Discussion Thread

Postby clmurphy74 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:40 pm

I am too having the same trouble with drop rates...after 12 hours of play time, 2 sets of novice and 2 sets of advance drills, pumps, and apiaries. Still no lava dust or strange diamonds. Only 1 Royal Jelly has been collected.

Also some of the green treasure pods still display the opening fireworks when I re-enter the area in which they are located. :| Not too distracting but I saw on the patch notes for 0.4.0c that this was supposed to be fixed?
clmurphy74
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:30 pm

JUST SAW THE GOOGLY EYES AND MUSTACHES PLEASE TELL ME THERE'S MORE AAGGHHHHSHGHJGFIODFJIGO;SJIJGTJTHKERKLUGDS
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby SpiralRancher » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:58 pm

Goggly eyed, moustached Feral Largos.
SpiralRancher
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:09 pm

i already popped all of mine, but i hope we can use them on gordos too :P
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Zengrinn » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:16 pm

Just a thought, but an upgrade in the Slime Science "tech tree" I'd love to see would be upgraded teleporters with corresponding colored silos so you can remote deposit resources straight into a silo, which would be AWESOME for setting up resource machines in the more remote regions necessary for certain resources, once you figure out where the heck those are, lol. You'd still have to go back to deposit into the lab, but at least you could "make a lap" of regions depositing to multiple silos before coming back to move them everything into the lab (or cash).
Zengrinn
Plort

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:23 pm

frankly an upgrade to the vacpack to just to have stuff sucked up link directly to the plort market or refinery by changing modes. that's maybe a bit too streamline though. maybe have the feature obscenely expensive and disabled outside of your ranch?

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby FoxyBoxes » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:48 am

I was hoping for some support for free-range ranching. It's cute to do but hunting down plorts in tall grass is tiredome, and the cave looks too gloomy for truly happy slimes.

Alas, I shall keep waiting for my free-standing plort collectors.
FoxyBoxes
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:05 am

i'd much prefer those slime bots thought up by Katie20 and drawn by Hachiseiko as helpers around the ranch. just to have those guys floating around my ranch would be awesome <3

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby SpiralRancher » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:25 pm

What about literal slime bots that act and wander around like a slime would, but instead of eating food and plorts they just gulp it down and add it to their internal storage for you to pick up while you're away? They couldn't be affected by the VacPac themselves, but doing so would draw whatever they picked up from their storage so far.
Welp, time to give the suggestion board a visit.
SpiralRancher
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:28 pm

have to have signal points or something to tell them where to go

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Science » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:25 pm

SpiralRancher wrote:What about literal slime bots that act and wander around like a slime would, but instead of eating food and plorts they just gulp it down and add it to their internal storage for you to pick up while you're away? They couldn't be affected by the VacPac themselves, but doing so would draw whatever they picked up from their storage so far.
Welp, time to give the suggestion board a visit.

So, like, a Plort Roomba? :p Lil roomba slimes would be adorable, though it would require significant coding effort to develop the AI for. Depending on how everything is codesmith'd it might be easier to create a thing that sucks up plorts like the auto collector does for pens. A slime roomba would be cute though...
Science
Plort

Postby SlimeShady » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:36 pm

Has anyone found a practical use for the Warp Depots? They almost seem useful, maybe if you have free range slimes? I have Hunter Tabby Largos roaming free in my Overgrowth and I suppose I could deliver chickens to them maybe?
SlimeShady
Plort

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:40 pm

yea, they're a bit useless now that the refinery link is a thing. and i have more warp pads now so i don't need to use them for extra food for my pinks.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Nick » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:12 pm

Warp depots are intended to be used in both areas on the range where you might pass through but not want to have to hold on to the goodies therein, or as pseudo-silos on the ranch near corrals. Hopefully someone finds them useful!
Nick
Developer

Postby PrismSlime » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:17 pm

i had all of them in use before, but since restarting my save to get the gadgets i was missing, i've since found a more efficient system and no longer use them. aside from a pair of ambers next to the plort market and lab barn for gold plorts in case i ever need them. before i was thinking of using them for various wild puddle plorts, but now that i'm maxed on them (and all other plorts) the single pond next to my house is plenty.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Dragonking » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:02 pm

i need to find all the green treasure pods but where are they and treasure cracker II how to get plz help me out
The rare but elusive Dragon slime

How many lowes could Rod Lowe rob if Rob Lowe could rob lowes
Dragonking
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:06 pm

just be thorough. though if you want, there is a pretty good guide on steam. as for the higher tier treasure crackers, you need to make loads of extractors. up to 100 for tier 3.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby sarahhannah » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:53 pm

Nick wrote:Warp depots are intended to be used in both areas on the range where you might pass through but not want to have to hold on to the goodies therein, or as pseudo-silos on the ranch near corrals. Hopefully someone finds them useful!

Warp depots have made it easy to keep all the slimes I need for extractors right next to the lab (With the refinery link now, I could have all my slimes anywhere).

I grow my food in a separate area with a warp depot near to deposit each type of crop. The other depot is next to the slimes the food is for. Depots save me a ton of time. I can harvest all my crops w/o filling the vacpak. I can feed all my slimies at the same time w/o making trips back and forth. If I'm away and my crops die out, I have a depots full of crops to replant next to my gardens. Plus, my slimes don't try to break out of the corral to get to food- they don't see any food, just depots.

I like all my slimes together and crops together, then ranch work is simple:
Harvest crops
Feed slimes
Gather plorts
Explore and play slimeball!
REPEAT
sarahhannah
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:10 pm

i always feed my slimes manually so i don't have to wait for the autofeeder to only shoot out 6 after a while. all the slimes i need are in the lab area, with free range hunters in the overgrowth. i may swap out my 2nd corral of rock/booms in the grotto so i can have my free range crystals in there again. it'd be helpful just to take the grotto out of my daily routine. the plort collectors are a lot better now, but i could still really use that tune-up on the auto-feeder. namely settings so decide how you want them to function. my biggest time waster is shooting in the 180+ edible resources at my slimes 1-2 times a day manually. i would have much more time for my daily chick runs if i could just deposit them into the autofeeders and have it dispense automatically. or have them dispense periodically as initially intended and have a separate type of dispenser for that? i home some dev is keeping track of all the different ideas people have for the auto-feeders so they can properly refine it when the time comes. we need much more automation if we're to take care of yet another ranch expansion.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby WOLRUS » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:12 pm

You are strange. I got a strange diamond on my first try with a blazing novice drill. My brother says luck and fate must have smiled on my save game files.
WOLRUS
Rancher

Location: The infinite void in the depths of the universe...kidding, an oasis in the Glass Desert.

Previous

Return to General Discussion