Market Exclusives

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Market Exclusives

Postby TheChaoticClappj » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:56 am

I have played WAY too much slime rancher recently (Seriously help me) and honestly the concept is really creative and a fresh new take on sandbox games. The only thing i feel could be improved rather then added is the Market machine thing (does it have a name ? I dunno but i'm talking about the trade machine right next to the ranch exit). There honestly was not a single time that i used this feature except when i was wondering how it would give me the items. I feel like maybe a few exclusive items would make it worth while. Like for example maybe exclusive slimes and plorts, maybe food for those slimes, items for slime science or blueprints for slime science or maybe even items for existing slimes like a favorite food for pink slimes or something around those lines.

To conclude i love slime rancher and everything about it. I can't wait to see what this amazing idea will become in the near future. Thanks for reading !
I love slime rancher and everything about it. I can't wait to see what this amazing idea will become in the near future!
TheChaoticClappj
Rancher

Re: Market Exclusives

Postby SlimeShady » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:11 pm

I think it would be great if we got some Slime Science items in there? I'm still wating for a couple of items to make my teleporter. Maybe they show up but I haven't seen them yet?
SlimeShady
Plort

Postby EmeraldPlay » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:17 pm

SlimeShady wrote:I think it would be great if we got some Slime Science items in there? I'm still wating for a couple of items to make my teleporter. Maybe they show up but I haven't seen them yet?

Range Exchange offers can reward you rarely with one of those rare slime science resources like Royal Jelly.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Conrad500 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:26 pm

Getting items from the exchange doesn't make sense IMO?

It's pretty much just a money changer. Buying plorts would be cool I guess, but what's the point since plorts are just for money? It would help with slime science, but it's faster to just gather plorts in pens.

"Rate of exchange" does make me think of you know, exchanging, not just 1 way, but there's no point. I'd say that buying would be more expensive, if they did that it'd be possible, but the risk of accidentally buying plorts would suck, especially early on when money is so important.
Conrad500
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:09 pm

i think getting exclusive slimes from the other ranchers would be great. it allows unique slimes to exist without needing to program a whole area for them. it makes sense that the other ranchers- living so far away that you can't even logically reach them without some way to cross the slime sea- would have slimes exclusive to their areas that you wouldn't normally have access to.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby JasontheBasin » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:03 pm

why not just have the devs set up a partially multiplayer feature where at the range exchange, you browse a huge list of offers, and can set up offers too. Think of Spiral Knight's Auction House.
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby LastPayLoad0 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:35 am

JasontheBasin wrote:why not just have the devs set up a partially multiplayer feature where at the range exchange, you browse a huge list of offers, and can set up offers too. Think of Spiral Knight's Auction House.

Oooooooooo I like that idea, BUT make it so you can still play offline
Hello , Are you looking down here for something?

Steam: LastPayLoad0
LastPayLoad0
Rancher

Return to General Discussion