Making gold plorts great again ?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Making gold plorts great again ?

Postby crystalslime » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:19 pm

Hello everyone. I've played SR since it was released on Steam, though irregularly, mainly after big updates. The devs are doing a fantastic job and I've become a big fan of the game. I'd like to share some suggestions, and the first one is about gold slimes and their plorts.

The point is, gold plorts are not worth so much. Surely 400-500 newbucks is big compared to other plorts, but it's not that huge.

When you begin the game gold slimes are extremely exciting because you need as much money as possible, but after you've reached a certain point excitement goes down. 400 NB is a big deal for the first few hours when it represents 400% of your wealth; when it represents 0.5% there is no point in chasing gold slimes anymore.

It would be nice if something else were out there, that would make gold plorts interesting for other purposes than just earning money. Why not a super, super rare Slime Science gadget that requires like 10 gold plorts? That would make a nice challenge for sure. Gold plorts are not used in Slime Science currently.
crystalslime
Plort

Re: Making gold plorts great again ?

Postby SpiralRancher » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:26 pm

Nor are they currently useable for the making of gadgets. The Refinery won't accept Gold Plorts.
SpiralRancher
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:44 pm

Gold plorts should be used for slime science.

Maybe have a curios type gadget that requires it?
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:36 pm

Gold plorts will be used for slime science in the future, but we restricted the ability to deposit them now since it could be confusing.
Nick
Developer

Postby PrismSlime » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:35 pm

the best use for gold plorts is obviously for accessories. speaking of which, we need new chieves still. Treasure Stache: put a mushtache on a gold slime \o/
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby SpiralRancher » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:47 pm

Nick wrote:Gold plorts will be used for slime science in the future, but we restricted the ability to deposit them now since it could be confusing.

Less confusing than Silos not accepting Chickadoos, at any rate. But that's understandable.
SpiralRancher
Rancher

Postby lukepkrees » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:24 pm

Maybe a golden slime stage?? Or an extractor that doesn't break??
Your friendly neighbor hood tarr

Nom Nom Nom
lukepkrees
Rancher

Return to General Discussion