My Feedback

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

My Feedback

Postby kimosabe55 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:05 am

OK, I've put a considerable amount of hours in the game that I can finally put down my thoughts.

1. The slime hybridization is my favorite part of this game. I realized how it worked the hard way when I lumped a bunch of reg. and rocky slimes together in a corral, who then ate their own plorts into the hybrids and them somehow into the tarr slime. I had to throw it out of my ranch.
2. The range is well designed, I like the positioning of the nests and bushes. I did find Indigo Quarry after repeated explorations of the map and I could tell a difference in slime environment right away.
3. What is the true purpose of the Incinerator? I built one but I wasn't sure what to do with it.
kimosabe55
Plort

Re: My Feedback

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:06 pm

Thanks for the feedback!

The purpose of the incinerator is simply to instantly destroy anything you shoot into it. It hails from an earlier time in development when the world didn't have a vast sea and incinerators were the only real way to deal with tarr outbreaks. This proved to be inefficient and when the sea was added, we allowed players to simply shoot them into the water. Ultimately we may end up cutting incinerators from the game, but it seems to have a place at the moment, albeit not a particularly strong one.
Nick
Developer

Return to General Discussion