Slime Science Discussion Thread

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Re: Slime Science Discussion Thread

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:56 pm

because they require the rarest resource items. if you want to replace them, they want them to be harder to get back. once i have the stuff for an extra one, i wanna set 2 next to eachother and run forever lol
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:58 pm

captaintechnicality wrote:Is it just me, or are the rare resource drop rates way too slow? I've been playing for almost 9 hours since the update came out, I've maxed out on advanced drills, and I still haven't found a single diamond. Is this the intended drop rate, because I stopped making progress hours ago, and now the game just became grinding for this goddamn diamond. Am I missing something?

considering they're only used in this that there's really no point in making more of, (which you can't even do without demolishing first for the warp tech) i think it's perfectly fair. i had a lot of trouble getting lava dust.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby SpiralRancher » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:03 pm

I affirmly doubt that the ressources being rare would be the reason why the only command left for teleporters is to be demolished after being placed. Was an exploit found or foreseen from the ability to pick them up on the fly?
SpiralRancher
Rancher

Postby captaintechnicality » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:05 pm

PrismSlime wrote:
captaintechnicality wrote:Is it just me, or are the rare resource drop rates way too slow? I've been playing for almost 9 hours since the update came out, I've maxed out on advanced drills, and I still haven't found a single diamond. Is this the intended drop rate, because I stopped making progress hours ago, and now the game just became grinding for this goddamn diamond. Am I missing something?

considering they're only used in this that there's really no point in making more of, (which you can't even do without demolishing first for the warp tech) i think it's perfectly fair. i had a lot of trouble getting lava dust.

That doesn't make sense though. I understand making the resources a bit rare so you can't get everything immediately, but I've literally been just running back and forth between my pumps and my house for hours without getting a single rare resource. I don't really want to play anymore, because most of the stuff I want is going to take hours of mind numbing grinding to get.
captaintechnicality
Plort

Postby SpiralRancher » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:21 pm

Advanced Extractors have more harvesting cycles as well as higher chances of extracting rarer ressources compared to Novice Extractors. I could only assume that higher-grade Extractors will yield yet greater chances of netting the coveted goodies than the current upgrade we have access to.
SpiralRancher
Rancher

Postby Nick » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:11 pm

SpiralRancher wrote:On another note, is there a particular reason why Warp Tech gadgets cannot be picked up and placed elsewhere freely like I could with, say, a Water Turret?

The reason for warp tech being demolished on pickup is to fix the loophole of basically having a pocket teleporter at all times. If say, you had a teleporter on the ranch, you could keep it's match in your inventory and just place it when you want to head home. Then you warp back, pick up its match again, explore and do it over again from wherever you happen to be.
Nick
Developer

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:16 pm

that makes much more sense than what i said. i actually had that though when i first learned of them, but forgot about it when seeing the question here lol

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby captaintechnicality » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:32 pm

So, I currently have around 300 of the mineral items in storage (The ones you get from drilling) and not a single Diamond. If I were to get a diamond right now that would put this thing at about a 0.3% drop rate. Can a dev confirm if this is the intended drop rate, or am I super unlucky?
captaintechnicality
Plort

Postby SpiralRancher » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:44 pm

So far, I have found three.

I intend to use a set of teleporters so that I can forge a backtracking path to and from the moss shrine island, no matter how empty it may be.
SpiralRancher
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:56 pm

considering the current colors of warp tech we have, i'm hoping we have one for each slime color. i currently have one set to the feral area of the moss blanket; at the time i thought going into deeper areas might get me better results; but it's actually at a pretty good spot to get briar hens at the end of the the moss blanket, and close to the tier 3 treasure pods i know of. i have another going from the ovegrowth to the hehhen cliff across from the crystal slime caves for easier access to the stoney hens there, and everything's pretty connected over there anyway thanks to the jetpack. (kinda want another warp to the volcanic island though) and i'm thinking of connecting the moss blanket with the indigo quarry until the ruins area is up.

on a side-note, can we please close that gap at the bottom of the ramp in the grotto?? my free-range crystal slimes keep getting stuck under it! >.<

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby SpiralRancher » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:06 pm

Okay, so good news and bad news.

The good news is that my ability to reach the island is still unhindered as ever, no matter how far back away it is moved from the Moss Blanket.

The bad news is...well...

...spaghetti.
SpiralRancher
Rancher

Postby Onyxdragon » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:08 pm

Wonda wrote:I'm glad it does take 'too long,' but I still feel like the waiting times to unlock new things and letting the harvesters harvest could be shorter.

I was thinking the same thing, but I feel like it won't be like that as much in the future where you could spend time finding new slimes while you wait for upgrades. Also, I just end up sleeping a lot of I want things to keep speeding up.
I’m a cryptid that appears here every 100 years.

Started on this forum in high school, now in my last year of college.
Onyxdragon
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:19 pm

i was wondering where i could actually use the launch pad since i can get pretty much anywhere with my jetpack, but then i remembered that stupid upper exit in the main cave of the quarry. i'm always having to jump on a stalagmite to reach.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby z0mbiesrock » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:03 am

TYROOOOOOOOONE!

Am I doing it correctly?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
z0mbiesrock
Keeper

Postby jmababa » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:55 am

yeah its so slow the rare resource its grinding time also hard to open higher tier treasure pods wheres the cracker to open those
jmababa
Chickadoo

Postby jmababa » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:58 am

SpiralRancher wrote:Okay, so good news and bad news.

The good news is that my ability to reach the island is still unhindered as ever, no matter how far back away it is moved from the Moss Blanket.

The bad news is...well...

...spaghetti.

try teleporter duh
jmababa
Chickadoo

Postby z0mbiesrock » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:35 am

Hello? No build sites on the island...

You can't place gadgets anywhere you please, you know.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
z0mbiesrock
Keeper

Postby Nick » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:36 am

A followup patch was just issued, v0.4.0c:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3389
Nick
Developer

Postby PrismSlime » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:40 am

can we have a bit of light shed on what unlocks more blueprints in the shop? i haven't gotten any aside from the advanced extractors yet and i've already opened every pod i could find...

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby KitsuneRyo » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:47 pm

What do we do about hungry slimes in the lamps???? They're so sad to look at!
KitsuneRyo
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:56 pm

i know! that poor amber lamp slime! the description promised a happy slime! i want a refund! (or at least a way to feed it ;-;)

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby jmababa » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:11 am

I want to feed em too atleast the blue is good noo need to feed em they always happy its water too inside you know
jmababa
Chickadoo

Postby asdfghjklinkin » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:03 am

I'm pretty sure I unlocked a purple slime lamp, but it's not in the blueprints shop. wat do?
I'm Linkin.
asdfghjklinkin
Rancher

Postby Onyxdragon » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:41 pm

Does anyone actually know the gadgets are unlocked? I've unlocked the blue treasure opener but I want to get to the black ones, but I still haven't figured out what the requirements are.
I’m a cryptid that appears here every 100 years.

Started on this forum in high school, now in my last year of college.
Onyxdragon
Rancher

Postby jmababa » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:29 am

yea i need diamod feekin diamond precious my precious diamond where are you drop from drill plzz
jmababa
Chickadoo

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion