Slime Science Discussion Thread

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Slime Science Discussion Thread

Postby Nick » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:24 am

Slime Rancher v0.4.0 is live!

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3389&p=27243#p27243

The Xbox version has been scheduled for cert and should be available in a couple weeks. The Thanksgiving holiday week has delayed the process.

Please use this thread for your initial feedback on Slime Science and all the other new changes and fixes.

Thanks!
Nick
Developer

Re: Slime Science Discussion Thread

Postby RockCandySlime » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:46 pm

As the percent completed of the download goes up, so does my excitement!
sorry i'm not edible

Profile art by sectanza :)
RockCandySlime
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:37 pm

Currently I'm having a blast with this update. It really will make the time people spend on playing the game longer. I mean, I'm playing for like three hours already and yet I haven't made anything that wasn't a novice pump, a novice apiary and a novice drill.

The other changes are good too, but I'm still a little angry after that ambush of Hunter Feral Slimes that happens in one of the Moss Blanket areas.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby CatzRuleMe » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:54 pm

First impressions: The little victory dance the pump/apiary/drill does when it's done collecting stuff is TOO CUTE!!!
CatzRuleMe
Plort

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:01 pm

I love all the new areas! I was even able to call a few locations where something special might be ;) granted i though they'd be gordos at the time, but still. After searching all over the Far Far Range, i've managed to find a pretty good amount of blueprints. including the ones you start with, and the advanced versions of the resource collectors, I have 21 blueprints available to me. This is after finding what I hope to be every tier 1 treasure pod. Nick? can you confirm if I've gotten all of the ones until I can get the tier 2 Treasure Cracker? =s
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby OllieLovesSlimes » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:39 pm

This has been the best update thus far the only thing im not liking is how long it takes before the second treasure cracker is availible (i had to wait about 2 hours)but other than that ive been having a blast!Also does anyone know how to aquire deep brine ?
OllieLovesSlimes
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:42 pm

pump in the dry reef.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby asdfghjklinkin » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:57 pm

PLEASE return the option to turn off tutorials. I understand it's important to be able to learn about slime science, but I hate starting a new game and having to go through all the same steps with a pink slime and a carrot over and over again, lest there be an eternal star in the distance.
I'm Linkin.
asdfghjklinkin
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:02 pm

i think it was just turning tutorials on for everyone by default for the sake of the update. the tick should still work to turn it off afterwards. don't quote me on that though.

btw has anyone found lava dust? would that be a pump in a volcanic area of the quarry? i'd assume the strange diamond would be drilling...

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Nick » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:25 pm

Regarding tutorials, are you experiencing the tutorial every time you load up the same save file, or just every time you start a fresh save file?
Nick
Developer

Postby asdfghjklinkin » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:29 pm

Every time I start a fresh save file. No bug there. I do sometimes get the tutorial again after an update in the same save file.

I just like to start up new gameplays every once in a while to play the game differently, largos and such, and I'd really rather get into the game than go through the tutorial step-by-step.

Maybe it'd be nice if the tutorial disappeared after a while of disregarding it, and then you wouldn't need to add it back in and it would still be mandatory to learn everything.
I'm Linkin.
asdfghjklinkin
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:30 pm

hey how fast is the tier 2 treasure cracker supposed to appear? it's been probably about a week in-game and it hasn't shown up yet. or is it based on something else? also for new blueprints appearing on their own in the shop? is that random when that happens? i saw blitz with a gray item warp thing.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Wonda » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:47 pm

The update was very neato. New toys to play around with, new things to do, and something to spend endgame dealing with. It gave me a lot to do and to look forward to. However, I have only two issues that aren't that justified:

1. The Treasure Pods need a Slimepedia page.

I feel like a Slimepedia page for the Treasure Pods may help, but that's me.

2. Making progress takes too long.

I'm glad it does take 'too long,' but I still feel like the waiting times to unlock new things and letting the harvesters harvest could be shorter.

Besides that, this was a great update.
Three in a row, tic tac tarr!
Wonda
Rancher

Postby Glitchtisawesomium » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:58 pm

I'm not sure if its a glitch or something, but when I plant odd onions in a garden it grows mostly carrots and only a few odd onions. When I started the world I grew carrots then demolished my garden, rebuilt it and grew onions and it began after this. Again I'm not sure if its a glitch but it is not helpful at all, because I am trying to feed about 50 crystal slimes so i can afford slime science.
Rad Slimes be life
Glitchtisawesomium
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:10 pm

that's how odd onions are supposed to work. it says so in the slimepedia.

btw are the slime lamps supposed to always be happy? cuz the honey one i made looks hungry. ;-;

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Glitchtisawesomium » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:31 pm

Sry about that, just read the slimepedia. I do think it would be helpful to have a more efficient way to get load of onions though.
Rad Slimes be life
Glitchtisawesomium
Rancher

Postby Lantern » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:56 pm

I really love this update (the harvester dance is so cute), but there's one problem for me. My game crashes every time I play for an extended period of time. It's a good thing that the game auto-saves otherwise I would've lost so much progress. I had made a new save file, I verified the game cache, but still crashes. This wasn't an issue in the previous patch. I could play all day and it would be just fine. Am I doing something wrong?
Light the way.
Lantern
Rancher

Postby SiepeK » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:34 am

Love.
SiepeK
Chickadoo

Postby HappyRainbew » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:01 am

About the onions, and progressing in general with the harvesters, it wouldn't be very fun if everything easily auto collected and it was easy to get food and plorts fast, because then the game would be boring once you get enough money and have bought everything.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
HappyRainbew
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:40 am

finally got my tier 2 treasure cracker ^^ i've been hearing that people got it after 30 days, so i guess that meant 30 days since the patch, not past 30 days to begin with. and i've noticed the treasure pods that give decorations like the spongy tree and mint grass will be found nearby that specific thing in the world! i can't wait to get the one that gives those prisms in the quarry! ^^

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby SpiralRancher » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:00 am

After some intensive tree hiking, I had hoped to find anything of value right here.

Absolutely loving the update so far, however.
SpiralRancher
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:33 am

i can confirm there is a treasure pod in one of them! you'll have to find which one for yourself though ;)

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby RockCandySlime » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:51 pm

did anyone else notice the entire new area behind the indigo quarry short cut in the grotto?
sorry i'm not edible

Profile art by sectanza :)
RockCandySlime
Rancher

Postby SpiralRancher » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:52 pm

On another note, is there a particular reason why Warp Tech gadgets cannot be picked up and placed elsewhere freely like I could with, say, a Water Turret?
SpiralRancher
Rancher

Postby captaintechnicality » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:53 pm

Is it just me, or are the rare resource drop rates way too slow? I've been playing for almost 9 hours since the update came out, I've maxed out on advanced drills, and I still haven't found a single diamond. Is this the intended drop rate, because I stopped making progress hours ago, and now the game just became grinding for this goddamn diamond. Am I missing something?
captaintechnicality
Plort

Next

Return to General Discussion