Slime Science Preview

Postby Nick » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:11 pm

I wrote a new blog post shedding some light on Slime Science. Have a lookee:

http://blog.monomipark.com/post/1498099 ... ce-preview
Nick
Developer

Re: Slime Science Preview

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:24 pm

super excited for Slime Science! the slime stage looks like a lot of fun! and the hydro turret reminds me of F.L.U.D.D. xP what's that bell though? taming bell i think? i can't quite make out the first word...
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby CakeFlour » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:11 pm

You know based on Some of the plortnomic entries in the slimpedia I can see what a few of the plorts from specific slimes would do, Maybe a Cloaking Mechanism from hunter plorts to avoid detection form TARRs. A Slower Decent Mechanism from Phosphors, or a glow to help light up darker areas without the flashlight. Maybe a Boom plort Grenade to clear out large swarms of TARR (with risks of taking dammage aswell)
Support the goal of Golden Puddles!
CakeFlour
Rancher

Postby HappyRainbew » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:16 am

This update looks like it will be awesome! I think the taming bell will calm down feral largos when placed. I really like the idea of mining gems and other resources from the ground. Nice work Monomi Park!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
HappyRainbew
Rancher

Postby FishFruit14 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:17 am

This sounds awesome! Can't wait to try it out.
Sectanza made my amazing spider slime avatar!!! Thanks, Sectanza!!!
FishFruit14
Rancher

Postby HappyRainbew » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:04 am

I'm wondering what the slime stage will be for, unless it's just decorative/just for fun.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
HappyRainbew
Rancher

Postby MarappaTheRancher13 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:12 pm

HappyRainbew wrote:I'm wondering what the slime stage will be for, unless it's just decorative/just for fun.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Hats. I'M CALLING IT!
YABBA DABBA DOO
MarappaTheRancher13
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:46 pm

HappyRainbew wrote:I'm wondering what the slime stage will be for, unless it's just decorative/just for fun.

i'd like to point out it's actually called "#1 slime stage" which doesn't really help with figuring out what it does but still o3o
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Nick » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:14 pm

The stage definitely falls in the category of 'silly gadgets.' But it's all more fun with a few of those in the mix :)
Nick
Developer

Postby PrismSlime » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:24 pm

i'm hoping the lab will be the basis for mod support ie fan-made slimes once the game's out of alpha :3

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby ThunderTheBright » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:14 am

Can't wait to get hold of those BOUNCE PADS. with a little of creativeness it could be tons of fun. I mean, SCIENCE!
seems that the process is quite long and complicated though. can't we have different tabs and just get a blueprint, switch tab and see what it needs to build? I feel like I'll be running around a lot for "hey, I forgot to buy this blueprint".
THEY'RE SO GODDAM CUTE!
ThunderTheBright
Rancher

Postby ziulyx » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:45 am

For the extractors, do the area(Dry Reef, Moss Blanket, Indigo Quarry, Glass Desert) of which they're placed in have an impact on the variation of the resource like apiaries producing different honey because of the different flowers in each area? If so not only will it spice up the aesthetics, but it could mean those glowing buds in the Moss Blanket could also have a gameplay use.
ACAB
ziulyx
Rancher

Postby OllieLovesSlimes » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:06 pm

I wonder what the extractors look like
OllieLovesSlimes
Rancher

Postby Zenith » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:01 am

Previously undiscovered resources? If the glass desert is going to be slated for v0.50 then does this mean we're going to be having new resources from existing assets? Like if heartbeets, henhens or similar could be refined down into a new resource? Or will all of these resources be derived from the extractors?

Has a limit on the storage in the refinery been discussed? I could personally see myself keeping maybe one or two sale silos for storing plorts and then just tossing overflow in the refinery.

Overall though I'm really pleased with the teaser. It gives us as players the opportunity to have more goals and an actual USE for our overabundance of resources while at the same time allowing us to interact with our world in new and interesting ways. Looks like it'll be a fantastic content patch, I can't wait!
Zenith
Plort

Postby base4 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:37 pm

I'm quite excited for the next update as well. I spent about 10 hours on Slime Rancher non-stop because of just how good of a game it is. Sadly, though, I eventually ran out of things to do in the game. Once all goals are gone, the experience stagnates. I think slime science is absolutely the best step to solving this conundrum.
Slime Ranch? More like RANCH DRESSING, am I right!?
Check out this slime idea I came up with: The Rewind Slime
And my theory on the Ancient Ruins: What are the Ancient Ruins?
base4
Rancher

Postby Nick » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:15 am

Zenith, the resources are obtained from the existing zones. You'll primarily be using drills, pumps, and apiaries to obtain them.

Regarding storage limits, I think the current refinery allows for up to 999 of any given item. However, they can only be used for building gadgets once they're deposited.
Nick
Developer

Return to General Discussion