Slimes that can protect themselves

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Slimes that can protect themselves

Postby WhiteSaturn » Sat May 21, 2016 3:07 am

Every time a Tarr pops up I will try to kill it with water (and miss every shot) cause it breaks my heart to hear the Slime's terrified cries. So far, I seen a Tarr got killed by landing on top of a Rock Slime (The rock crown) but no other Slimes manage to do that. Anyway, what I am asking for is a Slime that can actually defend itself from the Tarr and maybe also save other Slimes from it.

Also, apart from spraying water at a Tarr or tossing it into the sea, the rancher is pretty much defenseless. Maybe add a kind of Slime that follow you around like a dog that actually protects you?

One silly question: Does this game has a weather system? If there is, I have not seen rain in ages. Or actually I have never seen it.

One more thing: Please bring back Puddle Slimes' smile.

Edit: For the Auto-Feeder, instead of letting it shoot food at a timed interval, how about making it shoot food when it detect a hungry Slime within the Corral?
Last edited by WhiteSaturn on Sat May 21, 2016 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Slime Rancher is the first ever game I purchased from Steam, being not able to resist the cuteness.
Too bad they removed the smile from Puddle Slimes...
Currently my favorite largo is Tabby Rock Slime. It's blue, it has a wiggling tail, and it rolls.
WhiteSaturn
Chickadoo

Location: Grinding hard in Granblue Fantasy and wrangling Slimes in Slime Rancher

Re: Slimes that can protect themselves

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat May 21, 2016 4:42 am

Slime dying sounds are a lot worse.

I already saw a Boom Slime defend itself against a Tarr.

There should be slimes with ability of defending themselves. Maybe there could be a 50% chance of it beating a Tarr?

Silly Question: The game doesn't have (yet) a weather system.

One more thing: Image like this?
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby WhiteSaturn » Sat May 21, 2016 6:51 am

Boom Slime defending itself against Tarr is actually a coincidence, since it explodes on an interval.

That Puddle Slime? Pretty much.
Slime Rancher is the first ever game I purchased from Steam, being not able to resist the cuteness.
Too bad they removed the smile from Puddle Slimes...
Currently my favorite largo is Tabby Rock Slime. It's blue, it has a wiggling tail, and it rolls.
WhiteSaturn
Chickadoo

Location: Grinding hard in Granblue Fantasy and wrangling Slimes in Slime Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat May 21, 2016 7:26 am

WhiteSaturn wrote:Boom Slime defending itself against Tarr is actually a coincidence, since it explodes on an interval.

That Puddle Slime? Pretty much.

Tarr dying by landing on a Rock Slime is too, a coincidence.

For the auto-feeder, it could be like that, but it should be an upgrade to existing auto-feeder, like MK-II.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Kozzer33 » Sun May 29, 2016 8:38 am

EmeraldPlay wrote:Slime dying sounds are a lot worse.

I already saw a Boom Slime defend itself against a Tarr.

There should be slimes with ability of defending themselves. Maybe there could be a 50% chance of it beating a Tarr?

Silly Question: The game doesn't have (yet) a weather system.

One more thing: Image like this?

"Oooh god what's that behind me?"

SPUDOW!
Don't feed the blobs anymore poop after you've already fed them poop!
Kozzer33
Rancher

Postby Nick » Tue May 31, 2016 12:48 pm

One of the original designs of SR included slimes you could use to fight the tarr, command and such, but it became too combat focused in my opinion so I scrapped the idea. It's possible down the line we could introduce new slimes that could act as bodyguards and the like but I currently still see that as pretty divergent from the core gameplay. It would have to be done carefully.

With regard to weather, there's already a few hooks in place for weather in the game but we haven't had time to further develop them just yet.
Nick
Developer

Postby PrismSlime » Tue May 31, 2016 9:10 pm

they should be more of traveling companions than combat support i think. idk what kind of learning capacity a slime could have, but being able to tell it to search for a specific item, be on guard for tarr. but as essentially giant single-celled organisms, i think they should only be assigned a single task at a time. maybe some later flying ones could transport a single slot of items back home? going a bit back on-topic, maybe a sort of training area could be made to teach slimes to properly defend themselves? i mean if BOb can learn to speak (or at least type), i'm sure other slimes could learn some basic self-defense. ;P
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Kozzer33 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:04 pm

Puddle slimes should dissolve tarrs when they're eaten, I wonder why nobody has thought about this.
Don't feed the blobs anymore poop after you've already fed them poop!
Kozzer33
Rancher

Return to General Discussion