Gordo Suggestions (Respawn, Boss fights, Largos)

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Gordo Suggestions (Respawn, Boss fights, Largos)

Postby Shiverlry » Sat May 28, 2016 4:41 pm

There are a few things that came to mind that I think would be a nice addition to the game.

#1 - Respawning Gordos - Sure, that wouldn't be "needed", but Gordos are so fun to look at, it's kind of sad that once you pop them they are gone for good. So, I was thinking it'd be nice to have a mechanic where after a few days of popping a Gordo, they simply respawn (Maybe once every in game week). Of course, there would be an exception for Gordos that were sitting on teleporters, and the new Gordos will not have any keys in them. The new ones would probably only have boxes, plus the usually small versions of themselves. It would give something more to do to pop them again for those who want more boxes, or to just let them be.

#2 - Feral Gordos - I thought it would make an interesting kind of "mini boss" fight to have small arenas in different places where there's a single feral Gordo that chases you around to try to bite you. Of course, you'd have to overfeed it to get a key or somehow open the way forward. Also, since these Gordos actually move, if you leave without popping them, they would "burn off" the excess weight, meaning that when you come back, you have to feed them from the start. Feral Rad and Rock Gordos would probably make for decent boss fights. If possible, maybe somehow the player could lose all supplies when entering the arena and has to feed the feral Gordo with whatever food can be found around.

#3 - Tarr Gordos - Pretty much the same concept as the feral Gordos, but it would make for a far more intense Boss fight. Instead of popping the Tarr Gordo though, the player would have to fight using water. Also, the player would have to save nearby slimes because the Tarr Gordo would heal if it eats them.

#4 - Largo Gordos - Just a simple suggestion. Maybe not all Gordos have to be based on the basic slimes. It'd be interesting to see a Rock Tabby Gordo, or a Rad Phosphor Gordo, etc. Mixed with Suggestion #2 - Feral Rad Rock Gordo would be a particularly challenging Boss.
Slime ideas:

TANRR Slime
Vacuum Slime (needs feedback)
Shiverlry
Rancher

Re: Gordo Suggestions (Respawn, Boss fights, Largos)

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat May 28, 2016 4:49 pm

Nice ideas.

Since their Slimepedia page mentions that they are a rare phenomenon, how about having every few days one of the gordos being respawned?

Feral Gordos? How'd that exactly work since Gordos are supposed to be immobile?

Tarr Gordo would be neat if it was like the concept you said there.

Largo Gordos? I'm not sure how this would really work.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Shiverlry » Sat May 28, 2016 5:12 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:Feral Gordos? How'd that exactly work since Gordos are supposed to be immobile?

Largo Gordos? I'm not sure how this would really work.

The idea with Feral Gordos is that these are more active and thus are able to move, which is scary for their size. Maybe these Gordos are just more motivated, or perhaps they are just stronger than regular Gordos. Lot's of things could explain a Feral Gordo being able to move.

With Largo Gordos, the idea is not for the player to be able to create them. Basically, as we explore new areas that will be revealed in the future, instead of looking around and finding maybe a 3rd Rock Gordo, we could find one that's already a Rock Phosphor Gordo or something. It would just add variety to what Gordos can look like and nothing else. Although maybe they would be able to eat more since they'd have a more varied diet than a regular Gordo.
Slime ideas:

TANRR Slime
Shiverlry
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Sun May 29, 2016 4:32 pm

i don't think feral gordos would really make sense... the whole thing with them being feral is that they haven't been able to get food. and gordos themselves have become such because they found a nutrient-rich spot on the ground to just sit on and steadily absorb from- instead of needing to seek food at all. and largo-gordo would be nice, but i feel like that deserves its own terminology.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Shiverlry » Mon May 30, 2016 12:04 pm

PrismSlime wrote:i don't think feral gordos would really make sense... the whole thing with them being feral is that they haven't been able to get food. and gordos themselves have become such because they found a nutrient-rich spot on the ground to just sit on and steadily absorb from- instead of needing to seek food at all. and largo-gordo would be nice, but i feel like that deserves its own terminology.

Actually, that could be used to give Beatrix more of a reason to defeat a Feral Gordo. It could be something like, the Feral Gordos are so greedy that they are throwing the ecosystem out of balance. Probably, when you defeat a Feral Gordo, the area where the Feral Gordo was could begin spawning regular slimes that can now live there in peace.
Slime ideas:

TANRR Slime
Shiverlry
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Mon May 30, 2016 1:04 pm

having a greedy personality does make a bit more sense actually. but then it would have to be like 3x the size of a normal one at least xP
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Nick » Tue May 31, 2016 12:44 pm

A means by which gordos can re-enter the world in some form is being kicked around here right now. It's not clear if it's going to happen but it might!
Nick
Developer

Postby PrismSlime » Tue May 31, 2016 2:20 pm

i'd like to re-suggest my idea for a swine slime that sniffs out sweet-spots like hot springs to place a slime to become a gordo :3

PrismSlime
Keeper

Return to General Discussion