Conflicting information, Phosphor Plorts.

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Conflicting information, Phosphor Plorts.

Postby Small1324 » Sat May 21, 2016 8:43 am

In the Slimepedia entry for Phosphors it says that if a rancher isn't careful, they might lose Phosphor Slimes and Phosphor plorts. I find that kinda weird, because later in the entry you talk about how their plorts are used for street lights and stuff. But then they'll disappear in the sunlight on Earth. Could you please add something about phosphor plorts on Earth? Like, "they don't vaporize during the day in Earth's atmosphere. It's kinda weird." Or, add something like, "People on earth use shoe wax to make sure phosphor plorts don't disappear in the Earth's atmosphere."

-Smallz
Small1324
Plort

Re: Conflicting information, Phosphor Plorts.

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat May 21, 2016 8:45 am

Yeah, it should be explained more clearly.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby duskflower » Sat May 21, 2016 9:44 am

Small1324 wrote:In the Slimepedia entry for Phosphors it says that if a rancher isn't careful, they might lose Phosphor Slimes and Phosphor plorts. I find that kinda weird, because later in the entry you talk about how their plorts are used for street lights and stuff. But then they'll disappear in the sunlight on Earth. Could you please add something about phosphor plorts on Earth? Like, "they don't vaporize during the day in Earth's atmosphere. It's kinda weird." Or, add something like, "People on earth use shoe wax to make sure phosphor plorts don't disappear in the Earth's atmosphere."

-Smallz

Also, Phosphor Plorts don't dissapear during the day.
duskflower
Rancher

Postby Lantern » Sat May 21, 2016 9:45 pm

duskflower wrote:
Small1324 wrote:In the Slimepedia entry for Phosphors it says that if a rancher isn't careful, they might lose Phosphor Slimes and Phosphor plorts. I find that kinda weird, because later in the entry you talk about how their plorts are used for street lights and stuff. But then they'll disappear in the sunlight on Earth. Could you please add something about phosphor plorts on Earth? Like, "they don't vaporize during the day in Earth's atmosphere. It's kinda weird." Or, add something like, "People on earth use shoe wax to make sure phosphor plorts don't disappear in the Earth's atmosphere."

-Smallz

Oh yeah, they go POOF faster than any other plort in the daytime.
Light the way.
Lantern
Rancher

Postby Nick » Mon May 23, 2016 3:16 pm

Regarding the lore, any tech derived from plorts do not necessarily adhere to the rules of the plorts themselves. So, a streetlight on earth utilizes the essence of a phosphor plort, but isn't bound by the rules on the Far, Far Range. Similarly, a rock plort doesn't simply contain one of the hardest metals in the known universe, but is a vital component in manufacturing it.
Nick
Developer

Postby duskflower » Sun May 29, 2016 5:52 pm

Lantern wrote:
duskflower wrote:

-Smallz

Odd, I've seen them last all day, especially in corrals. Maybe the new update fixes that o.o
duskflower
Rancher

Postby CyricVirus » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:59 am

I had all my phosphor slimes in the cave with fully upgraded cages and they disappheared after 5 days ingame. Do they usually randomly disapphear from cages that are in the cave where it is dark? They had plenty of fruit in their cage at all times.
CyricVirus
Plort

Postby Lantern » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:01 pm

duskflower wrote:
Lantern wrote:
duskflower wrote:

-Smallz

Odd, I've seen them last all day, especially in corrals. Maybe the new update fixes that o.o

It probably does fix it! I remember when the purple diamonds would just vanish when in contact with solid sunlight. If protected by a solar shield, they won't poof.

On topic about the update: The new feral slimes scare me more than the Tarr. It's gotta be those eyes. XD
Light the way.
Lantern
Rancher

Return to General Discussion