[Slime Suggestion] Deep Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Re: [Slime Suggestion] Deep Slime

Postby TheMageOfMist » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:46 am

DeltaStorm wrote:
Pigcatapult wrote:You never mentioned boom slimes exploding in its mouth before. Rock slimes would then logically cut its mouth with their sharp crowns.

They're slimes. Slime is like a liquid, cutting wont do anything, but that does beg the question: How do Tarrs grab stuff. I'm assuming it has to do with tar being sticky.

I imagine, that like cells, slimes have a membrane that keeps their form and stops their liquid slime from just pooling out under them. So slimes are kinda like really tough and bouncy water balloons, but full of slime. So once the membrane is cut, the slimes would start leaking and losing mass... Though I imagine it wouldn't take long to heal and not lethal, it would still be a very unpleasant experience for the slime and something they would rather avoid, hence why the Deep Slimes would rather avoid spiky slimes such as Rock Slimes.
The Tarr are likely very sticky, and their Tarr-arms cling to the membranes of other slimes, allowing them to capture them.

As for food... Pink Slimes are far too common, and would make feeding them too easy, while Tabbies and Honeys are more difficult to obtain, especially before they become Largos... Which obviously would be too large for them to eat. Honeys would make sense as a favourite food, as they are known for being extremely sweet to the point their plorts are highly sought after by other slimes, even if Honey Slimes are hard to obtain.

Also, if the slime thing is too much... We could feed them plorts instead? 10-15 plorts for a Deep plort instead of trading a full slime for it? But at the same time it sounds too easy.

I imagine we would likely be able to do more with the teleporters in the future anyways when the world becomes larger and more developed, or at least have some other means of quick-travel you could unlock... I myself would rather like to roam, explore and hunt, and only really use teleporters to get back to the ranch.
There is never too many honey tabbies.
TheMageOfMist
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:49 am

SpiralRancher02 wrote:
DeltaStorm wrote:
SpiralRancher02 wrote:
DeltaStorm wrote:2nd case, this is part of a guide that wasn't directed at you. You really think you're a special snowflake don't you? Anyways, that 'summary' was for the section of containing the slime in the balance chapter, so you clearly took this out of context to try and make yourself seem like you've got a bigger point, when you don't, anybody who has read the guide knows this.

Also there's not two new sections, can you read?

He wasn't saying you created that part aiming for him, he meant he thought that you were trying to make the point of following those two parts in your posts.

https://gyazo.com/a5a8c2b8b1351929be04abef69b7e8dd

Hm. Where did he put that? I didn't see it in this thread, maybe I missed a post and/or sentence.

Whatever, lets just get off this argument and calm down a bit...

https://gyazo.com/f080792b307f2453687761b60887f9bb

You missed a sentence.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby TheMageOfMist » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:53 am

DeltaStorm wrote:
SpiralRancher02 wrote:
DeltaStorm wrote:
SpiralRancher02 wrote:
DeltaStorm wrote:2nd case, this is part of a guide that wasn't directed at you. You really think you're a special snowflake don't you? Anyways, that 'summary' was for the section of containing the slime in the balance chapter, so you clearly took this out of context to try and make yourself seem like you've got a bigger point, when you don't, anybody who has read the guide knows this.

Also there's not two new sections, can you read?

He wasn't saying you created that part aiming for him, he meant he thought that you were trying to make the point of following those two parts in your posts.

https://gyazo.com/a5a8c2b8b1351929be04abef69b7e8dd

Hm. Where did he put that? I didn't see it in this thread, maybe I missed a post and/or sentence.

Whatever, lets just get off this argument and calm down a bit...

https://gyazo.com/f080792b307f2453687761b60887f9bb

You missed a sentence.

Could... You guys just drop it now please? This is meant to be a discussion on Slimes and how they work, and refining ideas, not arguing over past grudges and such. If you really wanna argue, take it to PMs and spare us all the hassle.
There is never too many honey tabbies.
TheMageOfMist
Rancher

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:01 pm

TheMageOfMist wrote:I imagine, that like cells, slimes have a membrane that keeps their form and stops their liquid slime from just pooling out under them. So slimes are kinda like really tough and bouncy water balloons, but full of slime. So once the membrane is cut, the slimes would start leaking and losing mass... Though I imagine it wouldn't take long to heal and not lethal, it would still be a very unpleasant experience for the slime and something they would rather avoid, hence why the Deep Slimes would rather avoid spiky slimes such as Rock Slimes.
The Tarr are likely very sticky, and their Tarr-arms cling to the membranes of other slimes, allowing them to capture them.

How would all those Pink Slimes and Tabby Slimes in the Dry Reef not be hurt when a Rock Slime rams into them, then...?
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:59 pm

SpiralRancher02 wrote:
TheMageOfMist wrote:I imagine, that like cells, slimes have a membrane that keeps their form and stops their liquid slime from just pooling out under them. So slimes are kinda like really tough and bouncy water balloons, but full of slime. So once the membrane is cut, the slimes would start leaking and losing mass... Though I imagine it wouldn't take long to heal and not lethal, it would still be a very unpleasant experience for the slime and something they would rather avoid, hence why the Deep Slimes would rather avoid spiky slimes such as Rock Slimes.

How would all those Pink Slimes and Tabby Slimes in the Dry Reef not be hurt when a Rock Slime rams into them, then...?

The inside of the mouth in most creatures is more delicate than the skin, and there's no particular reason for it to be different for slimes (except maybe Pinks, since they eat everything). It's their food-hole, not their touching-all-the-things surface, so it doesn't make biological sense (insofar as slimes are biological and sensible) to reinforce it as much. Maybe it's just not a problem unless another slimes tries to put the sharp bits in their mouth? Even the Tarr don't seem to use their mouths much except to bite ranchers, IIRC.

And the Deep Slime is a deep-sea slime, so its internal pressure is higher than the terrestrial slimes would be, making it easier to pop in the environment we'd encounter them in (i.e., at or above the surface)

Also also, when a Rock Slime runs into a Pink or Tabby, it's playing. They might even be playing when they attack us, but we're (ironically) squishier and don't dissipate impacts as well.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:03 pm

Pigcatapult wrote:
SpiralRancher02 wrote:
TheMageOfMist wrote:Even the Tarr don't seem to use their mouths much except to bite ranchers, IIRC.

The tarr uses its mouth. All the time.

Also creatures living deep undersea IRL die when brought to the surface too quickly, same with shallow if brought down. So it would not make it easier, but kill it.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:11 pm

Oh! Btw, everyone, for future reference, my pronouns are she/her. I'm not offended because folks make that assumption a lot on the internet, but please do remember it in the future. =)

(Normally I'd just edit this into my previous post because it's got nothing to do with the slime, but it's important and now there's a post in between, so putting it here for visibility.

Re: the Deep Slime, so that this post isn't a waste: I think I'm happy with it now. Prefers Honey Slimes because all slimes think Honey Slimes smell great and there's still no real risk to farming Honey Slimes, has the cute fangs on the front to show it eats slimes, can eat Tabbies and Phosphors (but can't jump to catch them in the air), and is too delicate to go after dangerous slimes like Rocks, Booms, and Rads or stay out of the water too long, so there's a fair chance of it dying if you're not careful. Could eat Puddles, but those are so rare and finicky I don't think anyone would bother. Presumably more slimes that don't attack will be added, too, including aquatic ones, but so will more slimes that can defend themselves. I know none of our fan slimes are likely to get into the game, but building ecosystems is fun.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby Biosaur » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:39 pm

I really like this idea and the design/aesthetic of the slime, as well as it's very unique and interesting, but my main problem is that it would be hard to feed it, since slimes could easily just bounce out of the pond, which would be annoying :P
Slime poop is valuable, use it wisely
Biosaur
Chickadoo

Postby Pigcatapult » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:00 pm

Biosaur wrote:I really like this idea and the design/aesthetic of the slime, as well as it's very unique and interesting, but my main problem is that it would be hard to feed it, since slimes could easily just bounce out of the pond, which would be annoying :P

The pond depth upgrades would be, in part, meant to keep slimes from jumping out if the water level is low enough. That way you could keep them from bouncing out. =)
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby PawBean » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:32 pm

Just found this thread and gotta say I totally love this idea!! It's a deep sea creature, it's adorable, what else could you want? It also seems pretty balanced to me, the high sacrifices justify its price, and if you're not willing to feed innocent gelatinous blobs to other gelatinous blobs you just steer clear of them. Kinda like some people don't keep boom slimes because they keep going boom c:
The pond upgrade idea looks cool to me! I already had quite a few pond slimes bounce out of the pond when refilling water, so that would be a welcome addition imo. Water quality might just as well be controlled through a 100coin fee.
To be honest i don't really get why people keep arguing about how realistic the slime's food preferences/whatever are since this is already a pretty eccentric game and there doesn't seem to be much internal logic in it right now, so why bother to be nitpicky?
Anyway, if this slime were a thing it would add another incentive to get closer to the slime sea. I don't know about anyone else but i have been pretty much ignoring the slime seas existence up to this point and the only thoughts i had about are "don't fall into it". With this slime you could actually see yourself taking the risk to take strolls along the (maybe soon implemented) toxic beaches in hopes of a rare find and it makes the slime sea feel more like a part of your world than just "random goo that kills you"
I feel like i have to address this separately - the art looks too great to get scrapped, i love it!! ; v ;
PawBean
Chickadoo

Postby spacepuffin » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:07 pm

So cuuuute! (and scary)
- Spacepuffin
spacepuffin
Chickadoo

Postby Urby » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:48 pm

I am a bit sad this slime doesn't form Largos, but at the same time...imagine a kraken slime as the progenitor of all these cuttly cuties.

...I kind of want to draw that.
3D modeler, doodler, and video game designer.
Mole Slime
Urby
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:33 pm

Thank you all <3
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby Hachiseiko » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:56 pm

Here's some art of your slime!

PM me if you want a big version! It's in my thread!

All my latest slime art!
A base to make your own slimes!

Want to use any of my art?
That's fine! But ask me first! ;D

I'm not very active but PM me and I'll get an e-mail and I'll reply!
Hachiseiko
Keeper

Postby Carsonmouse » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:31 pm

oh man its so cute i love this idea! i just mad another post about ocean slimes maybe we can think up some ideas together!
Carsonmouse
Plort

Postby Theslimelover173 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:24 pm

Awsome idea but their favorite food should be puddle slimes
Honey slimes are the best!!!
Theslimelover173
Chickadoo

Postby NyanRancher » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:08 am

It's kinda rude to steal other peoples concept art unless you give credit to them. You should give credit to Hachisieko.
If you could give me a paint tool sai lesson I would really appreciate it! :) just PM me!
───────────────────────────────────────
DEVIANTART!!!!! Chcek me out :D
http://nyanwiz.deviantart.com/
NyanRancher
Rancher

Postby Hachiseiko » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:14 pm

NyanRancher wrote:It's kinda rude to steal other peoples concept art unless you give credit to them. You should give credit to Hachisieko.

Are you talking to me?
Because that's me posting my own art right there.
It's sweet that you're defending me though!
All my latest slime art!

Hachiseiko
Keeper

Postby Pigcatapult » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:24 pm

NyanRancher wrote:It's kinda rude to steal other peoples concept art unless you give credit to them. You should give credit to Hachisieko.

And if you're talking to me, then, um, I'm very confused. The pixel art in the first post was made by me. I have been blessed with wonderful gift art since, though! <3
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby NyanRancher » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:17 pm

Pigcatapult wrote:

And if you're talking to me, then, um, I'm very confused. The pixel art in the first post was made by me. I have been blessed with wonderful gift art since, though! <3

Oh I'm sorry. I though your art was a scaled down version of Hachi's art without credit.

Sorry for the trouble!
If you could give me a paint tool sai lesson I would really appreciate it! :) just PM me!
───────────────────────────────────────
DEVIANTART!!!!! Chcek me out :D
http://nyanwiz.deviantart.com/
NyanRancher
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:26 am

NyanRancher wrote:
Pigcatapult wrote:

Oh I'm sorry. I though your art was a scaled down version of Hachi's art without credit.

Sorry for the trouble!

The poses aren't even the same. Please look at things more carefully before calling plagiarism.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby Hachiseiko » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:42 am

Pigcatapult wrote:The poses aren't even the same. Please look at things more carefully before calling plagiarism.

Yes, it's always important to see if you're right! However, if you're unsure then you could tell the original artist instead ^^ It's better to let the people involved sort it out
All my latest slime art!

Hachiseiko
Keeper

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:20 am

I'm all for it! I love the idea of a slime that lives in the slime sea, and especially that eats slimes (I am a monster gosh). Also, a N.E.G.S.W upgrade would work so well for sea water slimes, and wouldn't make it hard to farm puddle slimes!

I do have one idea; perhaps if thrown into the slime sea they would have a chance to just randomly eat the water as if a slime was swimming there? That would be really cute (I think)!
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Previous

Return to Slime Design