Slime Lab Log 3

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

Re: Slime Lab Log 3

Postby SlimeCone99 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:06 am

LABLOG 005

Almost getting to the land mass! I'm on a plane! So there is ten people in my research team! I'm going to talk about each one of them.

There is:

Eva: she is a zoologist, she discovered that quantum slimes are interdimensional beings.
Jane: she is a archaeologist, she created the rainbow plague extinction theory.
Michael: he is a chemist, he made the blank slime formula.
Phillip: he is a archeobotanist, he discovered the favorite food of many different extinct species of slime.
Christine: she is a botanist, she studied the different ways a slime's favorite food cooperate with the slime.
Viktor: he is a slimeologist, he conducted a revolutionary study about slime cells.
Paul: he is a mineralogist, he discovered indigonium.
Steve: he is a geographer, he was the first to make a realistic map of all of the Far, Far Range.
Wallace: he is a geologist, he conducted a important experiment about plate tectonics.
Slimeurphy: he is a acheologist and slimeologist, gained a nobel prize for creating life from scratch.

WE ARE LANDING!!! WOW THE CONTINENT IS BEAUTIFUL!!! I will be updating soon but now i can't talk with you, bye.

>END OF TRANSMISSION
Last edited by SlimeCone99 on Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I like Slime Rancher... just that what did you expect

Avatar done by anapntes (thanks for that :D)
SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby Lionmeow » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:09 pm

LOG 0007

Just received my BObs. I honestly was slightly scared mine would die before getting to me, since, you know, my ranch is still infested with dead tarr. I plan to make a colony on an island. It's a personal island I'm making. I'm not making the mistake of putting rainbow plague fossils on this island, though. For now, I'm letting them multiply and grow along with my own slime cells.

Speaking of my own slime cells, they're doing great. Almost the size of a plort now, I say they're ready to enter their own environment, which I'm also creating. I only see three distinct ones, though. Looks like all the other species have died out.
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:53 pm

Lionmeow wrote:LOG 0007

Just received my BObs. I honestly was slightly scared mine would die before getting to me, since, you know, my ranch is still infested with dead tarr. I plan to make a colony on an island. It's a personal island I'm making. I'm not making the mistake of putting rainbow plague fossils on this island, though. For now, I'm letting them multiply and grow along with my own slime cells.

Speaking of my own slime cells, they're doing great. Almost the size of a plort now, I say they're ready to enter their own environment, which I'm also creating. I only see three distinct ones, though. Looks like all the other species have died out.
Hey try to make the island isolated from the normal enviroment, this way your specimens don't invade natural ecosystems, just a preventive measure.

It's really interesting that your slime cells are becoming actual slimes, don't forget to take good care of them.

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:40 am

SlimeCone99 wrote:Feel free to ask any questions.
Seriouly? No one has any questions? I wish there were more people in this log...

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:41 am

On another note... Today is Noggy's birthday!!!

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby Noggy05 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:29 pm

SlimeCone99 wrote:On another note... Today is Noggy's birthday!!!

I have conducted extensive research that my age in Earth years has increased by 1.
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Thanks for three amazing years.
I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:35 pm

Noggy05 wrote:
SlimeCone99 wrote:On another note... Today is Noggy's birthday!!!

I have conducted extensive research that my age in Earth years has increased by 1.
WHAT??? How could this be?

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:28 pm

Whenever my birthday rolls around, my age increases by 12!

12 months...
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby SlimeCone99 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:15 am

LABLOG 006

Hey felow scientists, today I want to get you updated on a few things.

So we are currently on a floating invisible ship, (just to give you some context, it's still ilegal to go on the continent and interact with anything) we are just observing the terrain. Somethings stick out:

A Giant Unnatural Bay: Probably an asteroid impact, (Jane has to rethink her theory) we called it Moonstone Bay, because of it's moon-like shape.

An Archipelago: It's surrounding the bay, we called it Lunary Archipelago, because of the Moonstone Bay.

A River and a Rainforest: By the very curved river shape we concluded it's very old, we called it Lunares River and Lunares Rainforest (Latin for lunar), because of the Moonstone Bay.

Mountain Range: Nothing so interesting.

Here's the map created by Steve:

>END OF TRANSMISSION
Attachments
Coastline Map 1.jpg
Coastline Map 1.jpg (167.04 KiB) Viewed 26521 times

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Here to revive the posts

Postby tabstabby1066 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:04 am

<Camera click.>

Is this on? Okay, it's on. Names Dr Tab. I've been studying these lab logs, so i decided to join in.

DAY ONE

I'll be studying tabbies..when i find some.

To-Do list=
Find tabbies.
Study tabbies.

Transmission end.
Look down here, I have returned after a long 'break'.
tabstabby1066
Rancher

Postby SlimeCone99 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:16 am

oh it's nice to have someone new!

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby K1ttyAdventurer » Wed May 15, 2019 9:04 pm

Hello scientists!
My name is Kitty, and I apologize if my message is unconventional; this is my first time using Far, Far Range Communications beyond simple Starmail.

I admit I'm not really a scientist myself--I'm more of a casual rancher who experiments with the best sorts of environments and foods for slimes to live out happy lives and create quality plorts--however I have a great interest in the science all of you have been conducting.

If you don't mind, I may ask for advice or information now and then. For example, I've been seeing images and information on some new slimes, except they appear to have the exact same properties as well-known, ranch-able slimes. Are these new slimes a variety from an isolated island that are starting to spread? Or are they extremely rare forms that are, for some reason, having a surge in population? Also, more importantly, if I were to encounter them, are they safe to keep on my ranch? I only have the bare bones of corrals, certainly nothing that could contain even a feral slime for long.

Thank you very much for your time!
"When life gives you lemons, make grape juice; then sit back and let the world wonder how you did it."
K1ttyAdventurer
Plort

Postby K1ttyAdventurer » Wed May 15, 2019 9:36 pm

Sorry for adding onto my previous thoughts so quickly, but it just occurred to me that it seems like a certain company or group is regularly associated with these new... breeds, should we call them? The name of the group is on the tip of my tongue. It began with an M. Mo... Mono-something. Anyways. Were they the ones to discover them? Or create them and let them loose on accident or on purpose? I have so many questions, I'm so excited. It's been a while since I had the opportunity to raise a new kind of slime, and I have my fingers crossed that these guys are relatively tame. I hope this isn't bothering anyone.
"When life gives you lemons, make grape juice; then sit back and let the world wonder how you did it."
K1ttyAdventurer
Plort

Postby tabstabby1066 » Thu May 16, 2019 1:01 am

DAY TWO

<Camera click.>
I've found myself some tabbies, but soon enough i'll be testing them. Oh...how'd they fit into the silo? Oh well. I'll see if anything changes with them in the silo. Oh, and welcome, Kitty.

To-do list
-Wait for changes to the tabbies.
-Check on them by afternoon.

Transmission end.
tabstabby1066
Rancher

Postby SlimeCone99 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:51 am

K1ttyAdventurer wrote:If you don't mind, I may ask for advice or information now and then. For example, I've been seeing images and information on some new slimes, except they appear to have the exact same properties as well-known, ranch-able slimes. Are these new slimes a variety from an isolated island that are starting to spread? Or are they extremely rare forms that are, for some reason, having a surge in population? Also, more importantly, if I were to encounter them, are they safe to keep on my ranch? I only have the bare bones of corrals, certainly nothing that could contain even a feral slime for long.

Thank you very much for your time!
Welcome Kitty! For your question I have a hypothesis! I think there is some kinda of virus that infects a slime and chages it's physical appearence, but it's been introduced recently... but how? Remember this is just a hyothesis and other theories are welcome!

I'm in the landmass and as soon as I heard the new I ordered my own slimes I hope they are not infected.

Oh! I almost forgot! Our felow slimeologist Viktor has made some discoveries, he has also been working on some simulations he calls them Slimeulations it's kind of catchy, anyway, the slimeulations are really useful and can simulate any type of enviroment but they are still to glitchy, he's hiring bug-testers to exterminate the glitches, so if you're interested just starmail him: viktorhumphries®starmail.com

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby Lionmeow » Thu May 16, 2019 3:59 pm

Hey, new scientists. Cool!

I saw that info about the slimulations or whatever. I once tried something like that... only got started on the environment though, when our recent... tarr incident occurred. To put it simply, it was one of the first things destroyed.

Speaking of glitches, I've noticed a few prowling through my own system. Maybe they're slimes or something...? Eh, probably not. Just need to iron these bugs out.

Some new progress from me, I have introduced my new slimes out to the wild. While they aren't fully grown yet, I think they can do it from here. And oh, by the way, I don't mean into the wild with normal slimes. It's a new island I developed. Not too large, not too small. My only concern is if they fall into the ocean currently, they might end up infesting the rest of the wild, which wouldn't be too great considering they're an invasive species. I'm working on ideas for some sort of slime-sea resistant glass that can encase the area so this issue can be resolved.
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby tabstabby1066 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:38 pm

DAY THREE
<Camera click.>
Im back. Now im able to chat more often.
Okay, i've checked on the tabbies...they look like cubes now. I'll let them run around for a while in the nearby cave. Also, these bugs...sound like glitch slimes. Maybe that's the case? I'll work on quantum plorts while the tabbies run around.
To-do:
-Look at quantum plorts and their uses.
-Let the tabbies run around.
-Study these 'bugs'.
Transmission end.
tabstabby1066
Rancher

Postby K1ttyAdventurer » Fri May 17, 2019 10:52 pm

SlimeCone99 wrote:Welcome Kitty! For your question I have a hypothesis! I think there is some kinda of virus that infects a slime and chages it's physical appearence, but it's been introduced recently... but how? Remember this is just a hyothesis and other theories are welcome!

I'm in the landmass and as soon as I heard the new I ordered my own slimes I hope they are not infected.

That's a very interesting hypothesis! Honestly, this might be a good window for me to get into writing on slime behavior, as I feel I have a pretty good handle on it, since I study slimes in the wild as well as on my ranch. I'll be keeping my eye out for them in the wild and see how they act, especially compared with others of their kind, if I spot them.
Let me know when you get the chance to study the new slimes if you think they are safe to ranch. I'd like to study what their needs are and how create the healthiest environment and food for them, if there's any difference at all.
K1ttyAdventurer
Plort

Postby K1ttyAdventurer » Fri May 17, 2019 11:07 pm

Lionmeow wrote:Some new progress from me, I have introduced my new slimes out to the wild. While they aren't fully grown yet, I think they can do it from here. And oh, by the way, I don't mean into the wild with normal slimes. It's a new island I developed. Not too large, not too small. My only concern is if they fall into the ocean currently, they might end up infesting the rest of the wild, which wouldn't be too great considering they're an invasive species. I'm working on ideas for some sort of slime-sea resistant glass that can encase the area so this issue can be resolved.

Accidentally releasing your slimes could wreak havoc on the ecosystem, as you stated. I've been working on a small project of mine to create something that might prove useful to your project. I never thought about the uses in a scientific manner, but what I'm creating is intended to allow slimes to free ranch without risk of contamination from other slimes. I imagine it to work from a floating disk and three to five ground points to create a dome of the phase wall used in standard ranching corrals (I'm unsure of the actual scientific name).
I've hit a wall of sorts in designing it. I'm not a technician or anything of the sort, and I can't seem to get it to work beyond a foot in diameter. Even then, it tends to break down after only a few hours. If you wish to take a look and make use of it, all I would ask is that you give me the revised blueprints so I can make more as I need.
Admittedly, maybe it sounds a little primitive compared to your glass idea. So perhaps if you don't want it for yourself, maybe we can strike a deal where I can offer something of value in return for you finishing it?
K1ttyAdventurer
Plort

Postby Lionmeow » Sat May 18, 2019 11:09 am

K1ttyAdventurer wrote:Accidentally releasing your slimes could wreak havoc on the ecosystem, as you stated. I've been working on a small project of mine to create something that might prove useful to your project. I never thought about the uses in a scientific manner, but what I'm creating is intended to allow slimes to free ranch without risk of contamination from other slimes. I imagine it to work from a floating disk and three to five ground points to create a dome of the phase wall used in standard ranching corrals (I'm unsure of the actual scientific name).
I've hit a wall of sorts in designing it. I'm not a technician or anything of the sort, and I can't seem to get it to work beyond a foot in diameter. Even then, it tends to break down after only a few hours. If you wish to take a look and make use of it, all I would ask is that you give me the revised blueprints so I can make more as I need.
Admittedly, maybe it sounds a little primitive compared to your glass idea. So perhaps if you don't want it for yourself, maybe we can strike a deal where I can offer something of value in return for you finishing it?

After staring at the blueprints for a pretty lengthy amount of time, I reworked the design. Then tested it, reworked it again, and so on. I ended up sizing it up a bit, but like stated before, it only lasted so long. I eventually decided on using my most powerful energy source I have. And, surprise, it worked. In fact, over a few hour period, the walls only strengthened. The one issue? The power source itself.

While it works well, the power source is very dangerous. And what is this mysterious power source? It's a super-tarr infused plort. More specifically, a quantum plort. If even one of these infused plorts were to be given to a slime, it could come back again. Even if the remains aren't infused into the plort, they do have a possibility of escaping. Yes, some samples can develop an almost consciousness.

Well, the good thing about this plort, put just one into a special generator, and you can power an entire ranch for days! All you need to do is have a specially equipped corral that can properly infuse a regular tarr with the remains, turn it into a supertarr, use some of the special equipment on said corral to kill said supertarr, and gather the remains. It's better, though, to use more special equipment to immediately infuse the remains into the plort. And to think that I'm using this stuff that destroyed my entire ranch to power it!

Anyway, I can said over the reworked blueprints (now with a much larger size and a supertarr infused plort generator) and a tiny compact cube full of everything you need to upgrade a corral for supertarr purposes. And, of course, an instructions manual. It's pretty difficult to outfit a corral with this stuff.
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby K1ttyAdventurer » Sat May 18, 2019 12:39 pm

Lionmeow wrote:While it works well, the power source is very dangerous. And what is this mysterious power source? It's a super-tarr infused plort. More specifically, a quantum plort. If even one of these infused plorts were to be given to a slime, it could come back again. Even if the remains aren't infused into the plort, they do have a possibility of escaping. Yes, some samples can develop an almost consciousness.

Lionmeow wrote:Anyway, I can said over the reworked blueprints (now with a much larger size and a supertarr infused plort generator) and a tiny compact cube full of everything you need to upgrade a corral for supertarr purposes. And, of course, an instructions manual. It's pretty difficult to outfit a corral with this stuff.

Thank you very much! I admit I am extremely hesitant to create, let alone use, the tarr-infused plort, so for now I will sit on the idea and brainstorm for an alternate power source. I currently have no means to fight a large super-tarr outbreak on my ranch or even just slow it down.
Perhaps if I can somehow utilize the power of plorts from pocket storage, I can cause the shield to be able to be utilized without sacrificing it's convenient size... Hm... according to the blueprints, the power output of the super-tarr-infused quantum plort is... (Brainstorming ensues.)

(A package arrives from Kitty's ranch, addressed to a "Dr. Leoleo" with a question mark following the name and the small words "I hope I got your name right." Inside are several pocket storage capsules, sixteen to be exact, each containing a hundred plorts of different kinds. A note is found on top. "Thank you for your help, I don't know if this gift seems like too much for your help, but know that I have plenty where this came from. These plorts are of the highest quality on the market; typically due to impurities, your average plorts average a 70-80% usability. These from my ranch are around 95%. You can sell them or use them however you wish. Thank you again for your help.")
K1ttyAdventurer
Plort

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:36 am

Yeesh, looks like this topic is being revived.

Good. We need new people.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby tabstabby1066 » Sun May 19, 2019 6:41 am

I'll be trying to stay on each day.
<Camera click.>
DAY FOUR
I'm back! The tabbies are back to a round shape, but their ears and tail are still square. I will be testing
Quantum plorts and other plorts i know of.

Transmission end.
tabstabby1066
Rancher

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Mon May 20, 2019 4:39 pm

YEEPERS JEEPERS

oh jeez
im back
woooah

Alright, where was I?

Ahem:

I've escaped the island I was trapped on. It was too dangerous to stay. I just took some samples of the meteorite and some Versatile Slimes.
I'm coming to yall. I don't exactly have Dr. Kitty's or Dr. Tab's coordinates, so I'm going to rendezvous with Murphy over at his base.
In other news, after scavenging the island for the last time, I found an old piece of parchment written m=by this man named "Hobson T." I think I've heard the name before, but I can't remember. Anyways, it was all written in the ancient language of Slimese, so I'll have to get a translator. Anyone got one of those?

In other news, I'm experimenting with my Versatile Slimes on the ship, and I've found a whole lot of new possibilities. Think of it this way: If we could literally make any slime we wanted, we'd be able to discover new plorts and new uses.
That information would be terrible if it fell into the wrong hands though.
I'm sure yours are clean, but I have to take precautions. I'm compressing all the info into a file.

That's all, folks!
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby Lionmeow » Mon May 20, 2019 9:22 pm

I might have a Slimese translator. Wait... no, it's still being translated. The quantum slimes I sent to do it seem to have learned if they pretend to work, they'll get fed. Might just need to put in my ranching area with my other quantum slimes, and get fresh workers.

After my last log, I've just been sitting back, tinkering with this new barrier. I don't know why, but I completely ended up forgetting about installing one with the purpose I wanted one. Those slimes never fell into the sea, but they got awfully darn close. I eventually got to installing one around the island, or now, islands. I've been experimenting with making more islands. If I eventually get this process down, I can efficiently test how developing slimes react to various stimuli.

Around the island, I gave a good few yard gap in between the island itself and the barrier. I noticed that after a while of just sitting there not being in the sea, the slimes were starting to... de-materialize. The only reason a regular rancher doesn't know this is because typical equipment releases a sort of invisible mist that contains a slight amount of slime sea water. Not enough to harm anything, just a tiny bit. It somehow gives the effect of not letting slimes de-materialize. Of course, slimes in the wild are always either falling into the sea, or around sea water, so this issue doesn't apply to them.

Hey, why don't we talk about another interesting experiment I've learned about. I was tinkering around with the barrier technology like previously stated, and somehow ended up changing the shape into a hollow shape. Basically, what I'm saying, a mold. I thought about this, then melted some pink plorts to make plastic. I placed it in the mold, and let it harden. For some reason, the influence of the barrier ended up making statue into a more ceramic material, although a lot less fragile. This stuff also somehow is very sanitary. This stuff can bring about lots of new equipment!
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Creative