Slime Lab Log 3

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

Re: Slime Lab Log 3

Postby SlimeCone99 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:05 am

GoldenLucky99 wrote:Well, a bad Tarr outbreak had me sent to a hospital. The doctors said my heart literally stopped beating, I had lost so much blood. But this random donor stepped up (I think his name was Ogden) and donated blood moments before I was gone for good.
Well, I've gotta go study the quantum slimes!
Can you count in binary? 10
Angelo X. Firo
Can you count in binary? 10
I like Slime Rancher... just that what did you expect

Avatar done by anapntes (thanks for that :D)
SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby Tarrrangler » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:30 am

SlimeCone99 wrote:
Tarrrangler wrote:>Start Transmission
OMGoodness! I've done it! I made a new Slime!
Ok Sike calm down, calm down...
So, as you already know I've made a new slime and on top of all that it's not dangerous!
Onto what I did, I took a puddle plort mashed it with a quicksilver plort then mashed it with a fire plort and then mashed it with a Tarr plort, (I don't know what I was thinking because this could have gone terribly wrong) and fed it to a blank slime. At first, nothing happened but after a few minutes I could see a change, the blank slime turned into a free-form but wasn't vanishing or poofing away in a cloud of smoke. After a few hours, the blank slime turned a vibrant purple. After a few days, the blank slime had finished it's transformation. it was a purple, Free-form octopus-like slime that I decided to call the Waterglide slime. The reason I called it this is because I put it in a pond and it started gliding a few inches off the water and was headed towards the slime sea. It gladly didn't make it to the sea, but I wondered why it was headed in that direction, so I decided to find out. I got a bowl, Scooped up some Slime sea and put the Waterglide slime in it. As soon as it hit the water it started producing plorts and when it stopped it was racing around the bowl. It continued this odd behavior for several minutes then stopped, sat in the water and produced plorts. I encourage you to make your own slimes but be careful, we never know when we might cause a new Tarrpocalypse.
>End Transission
Wow really interesting Dr. Sike! This can open up a new field of plort-mashing and creating new slimes with them, you should patent that idea...

Quad-Plortmashing, patented by a Dr.Slimeknack Tarrangler.
Thanks for the idea! I'm making millions already!
Tarrrangler
Chickadoo

Postby Lionmeow » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:57 am

I've continued to study the many generations of cells, and... success. They've began to duplicate when fed, however the new cell cannot do anything for some unknown reason. It quickly dies. I think we have a recipe for a plort!

After waiting a while, on generation 143,956, the cells finally got large enough to take a picture. Only a few have, though.

strangeblood.png
strangeblood.png (58.31 KiB) Viewed 25057 times

I call him the strangeblood slime. It's a cell who's taken an interest in blood after biting my finger, as I said in a previous post. It has eyebrows like quicksilvers.

I've found another cell group, which form a vastly different one than this strangeblood slime. They only like edges, and only occasionally venture out into the middle to go to another edge. Curious, I took a sample from around the container and placed it inside of the dish, and just as expected, they quickly drew close to it. After an inspection, I have determined that they eat germs. Good and bad. They stink quite badly. Unfortunately, they aren't large enough to take an image of.
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby GlaciumFracture » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:57 pm

Hey, new scientist on the block here. I've taken an interest in you guys and your work after a certain incident nearly caused rad-slimes to go extinct on my island. (seriously, that was a lot of tarr)
besides attempted repopulation efforts and learning how that happened, it's nice to meet you all! I hope we can work together once this mess is over with.
We always need more crystal slimes. ALWAYS.
GlaciumFracture
Rancher

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:37 pm

DAY 5
I've made a breakthrough discovery on my research! Here, I might be able to compile all the stuff into a file.
Let me see.
Code: Select all
DOWNLOADING...
36%
71%
99%

APPLICATION

Hmm... nope.
Anyways, maybe I can explain it.
While you all have been trying to create life itself, with STEM cells and SLIME cells, and your creations of Tarr-proof technology, I've decided to try something different. I wanted to see what effect our technology had on slimes.
I started with radiation scans, as you all saw. Then I moved on to black light. Nothing really came up. Then I moved to atom accelerators, where things got interesting. It basically takes away all the effects on the slime. Think of it this way. When a Tarr is put into an atom accelerator, it reverts to the state it was in before transforming into a Tarr. Largos, when tested, turn back into the slime and plort fused together to make them. But when a normal slime is put in, everything about them just disappears, leaving a blank slate, like the blank slimes Dr. Sike has.
It's very weird, and I'll try to research more on that.
Okay, see you!
Angelo X. Firo
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby Lionmeow » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:36 pm

I've noticed a strange something throughout these posts. I won't share anything, but this might be fun.

LOG 0004

Recently, I've been noticing my slime cells turning into tar-

Message Interrupted.
Perhaps rather than looking at the file, look at what makes up the file.

test.jpg
I won't lie, I'm pretty proud of this.
test.jpg (10.9 KiB) Viewed 25005 times

-and that's how I got rid of that rather small tarr issue.
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby QuantumTangle23 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:40 am

Hello! I'm back and still half tarr!

Today I'm trying to find a way to remove this half-tarr problem.
I'll let you know what happens!
Quantum tangles are the hardest slimes to ranch.

But who can say no to that cute little face?
QuantumTangle23
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:07 am

LABLOG 003

I DID IT!!! I CREATED LIFE!!!!! OH MY SLIME!!! WAIT A FEW MINUTES I'M SO HAPPY!!!!
>TRANSMISSION PAUSED FOR... 20 MINUTES..........................
>TRANSMISSION PLAYING IN 5 SECONDS.....

OK Ok ok... Hello fellow scientists! I did it! I created life!

So I was working on another project , that I will reveal soon, when I remembered take a look at the SFS project (Slime from Scratch) and I saw a living being! It was a primitive life form similar to a slime blob!

It is a light pink collor and it is cute in a weird way... I'm going to call it BOb...I going to make experiments when there is enough of him.

I still don't know why this time worked...

>END OF TRANSMISSION

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:32 am

GlaciumFracture wrote:Hey, new scientist on the block here. I've taken an interest in you guys and your work after a certain incident nearly caused rad-slimes to go extinct on my island. (seriously, that was a lot of tarr)
besides attempted repopulation efforts and learning how that happened, it's nice to meet you all! I hope we can work together once this mess is over with.
Oh it's nice to see that you're caring about nature

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby Lionmeow » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:24 pm

LOG 0005

SlimeCone99 wrote:LABLOG 003

I DID IT!!! I CREATED LIFE!!!!! OH MY SLIME!!! WAIT A FEW MINUTES I'M SO HAPPY!!!!
>TRANSMISSION PAUSED FOR... 20 MINUTES..........................
>TRANSMISSION PLAYING IN 5 SECONDS.....

OK Ok ok... Hello fellow scientists! I did it! I created life!

So I was working on another project , that I will reveal soon, when I remembered take a look at the SFS project (Slime from Scratch) and I saw a living being! It was a primitive life form similar to a slime blob!

It is a light pink collor and it is cute in a weird way... I'm going to call it BOb...I going to make experiments when there is enough of him.

I still don't know why this time worked...

>END OF TRANSMISSION

This is great! Sounds like my breakthrough on slime cells, although very different.
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby GlaciumFracture » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:19 am

SlimeCone99 wrote:Oh it's nice to see that you're caring about nature

Thanks! I woudn't have my lab today if it weren't for the slimes help, now I guess I get to repay them.
in other news, I've started experiments at plort fusion. so far what I've learned from this is that pink plorts will tune up the effects of other mixed plorts, and that crossing boom with anything is a bad idea. I'll be transmitting the full results shortly.
GlaciumFracture
Rancher

Postby Tarrrangler » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:13 pm

Just checkin' in and I realized that there may be some confusion about blank slimes. I just want to say I'm not the only one with blank slimes.
Tarrrangler
Chickadoo

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:44 pm

DAY O35534 7
Ugh... Did it really take me only a few days to get into some kind of trouble?
Well, here goes.
So, I've been busy recently. I've been hard at work researching the effect of atomic acceleration on slimes. I decided to move on with the semi "blank" slimes I created, and-
Wait, can I just say something here? Can we just call them blank² slimes? I'm tired of coming up with ways to try and say that they're like blank slimes, but not really. From now on, we'll just add a 2 at the end. K?
But I digress.
So I tried to run the blank² slimes through a series of tests, and each and every one of them came up with something different. It was like their DNA couldn't even stay stable! It just randomly changed and adapted to whatever environment they're in.
This is where it gets weird.
Using these slimes, you could literally make manmade slime. Say you leave it on an island and force it to adapt. Within days, even hours, it would somehow change it's DNA to become, say, a "Tropical Slime" or a "Sand Slime." The possibilities literally are endless.
So that's where I went wrong.
I left one in a container on my desk, thinking it wouldn't get out. Well, it did, and now I'm stuck with a glitch slime infiltrating my system and setting loose all my things, including the Tarr I was experimenting on.
Now I'm huddled in a corner, waiting out the chaos that's happening around my lab.
It'll be over soon.
I know it.
Any second now...
They'll probably all despawn...
Come on...
Well, while I'm at it, why not make a new name for the blank² slimes?
Hmm... maybe the "Unstable Slime?"
Or the "Adaption Slime."
Come on now...
Any second now...
Any second...
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby SlimeCone99 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:27 am

GoldenLucky99 wrote:DAY O35534 7
Ugh... Did it really take me only a few days to get into some kind of trouble?
Well, here goes.
So, I've been busy recently. I've been hard at work researching the effect of atomic acceleration on slimes. I decided to move on with the semi "blank" slimes I created, and-
Wait, can I just say something here? Can we just call them blank² slimes? I'm tired of coming up with ways to try and say that they're like blank slimes, but not really. From now on, we'll just add a 2 at the end. K?
But I digress.
So I tried to run the blank² slimes through a series of tests, and each and every one of them came up with something different. It was like their DNA couldn't even stay stable! It just randomly changed and adapted to whatever environment they're in.
This is where it gets weird.
Using these slimes, you could literally make manmade slime. Say you leave it on an island and force it to adapt. Within days, even hours, it would somehow change it's DNA to become, say, a "Tropical Slime" or a "Sand Slime." The possibilities literally are endless.
So that's where I went wrong.
I left one in a container on my desk, thinking it wouldn't get out. Well, it did, and now I'm stuck with a glitch slime infiltrating my system and setting loose all my things, including the Tarr I was experimenting on.
Now I'm huddled in a corner, waiting out the chaos that's happening around my lab.
It'll be over soon.
I know it.
Any second now...
They'll probably all despawn...
Come on...
Well, while I'm at it, why not make a new name for the blank² slimes?
Hmm... maybe the "Unstable Slime?"
Or the "Adaption Slime."
Come on now...
Any second now...
Any second...
Uh... Hey you should activate the emergency mode... Manualy so the glitch slime doesn't break it... Maybe Versatile Slime?

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:24 am

Someone? Anyone? Please don't let this thread die

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby Lionmeow » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:34 am

SlimeCone99 wrote:Someone? Anyone? Please don't let this thread die

the thread won't die in just a day. Besides, log 2 died for a few days many times.

LOG 0006

That last log was pretty short.

The slime cells are getting larger. I say they're about as large as a tenth of a plort. Using the data I have taken from the cells, I have tried to predict the fates of some of the species. From the looks of it, only three will survive. The Strangeblood, the germ eating, and a neutral slime. The neutral slime is similar to our modern pink slime. The others will die out. At least, this is what my calculations tell me.
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:09 pm

It won't die on me today.
That said, I'm a bit busy to be writing a log right now, but I'll get back to you later.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby GlaciumFracture » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:39 pm

Log report 001

Still new to the concept of making logs, but I think I've made some progress with my plort experimentation! to be specific, mixing molten fire and rock plorts in a 1:4 ratio produces a material with similar properties to mosiac slimes. and adding pink plorts into the ratio (to make a pink:fire:rock ratio of 1:3:12) increases the heat of the produced glints by 300%! why this is useful is anyone's guess, but it's something
GlaciumFracture
Rancher

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:07 pm

DAY Z
Okay, well, it's been a while.
The terror going on in my lab has gone.
That said, it's not doing so well.
I might have to wait a bit before I conduct my experiments again, but for now, I can't do anything.
I've been busying myself by cleaning up and scavenging for pieces.
Anyways, I haven't found a lot. Only, like two silky sand, three buzz wax, and a few jellystone. There's also this weird rock-like substance, but that thing is pouring radiation like you wouldn't believe, and my only two options are to wait it out or build a radiation-free suit.
I'm not a patient guy, so I'll go with the latter.
That's mainly why I had to collect metals and scraps. I may or may not have stolen a few bolts and screws from Viktor. Don't tell him, okay? After all, he owes me.
Anyways, not much is going on.
That said, I did collect a sample of the radiation rock.
The radiation kind of messed up my camera, so some purple streaks may appear here and there, but in real life, the rock kind of emits a purple/violet haze.
Hm...

Best of luck,
Angelo X. Firo
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:17 pm

RANDOM THOUGHT TIME!

The Slime Lab Log seems like a TV series.
Here's the sales pitch:

Watch as Season 1 sets the bar high with its lore and experiments!
Watch as Season 2 straddles the bar, but due to the Tarrpocalypse, it falls down and hits its crotch!
Watch as Season 3 attempts to climb back up again, if only there were enough participating people!

Will the Slime Lab Log be restored to its former glory? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z-
wait, wrong show

THIS CONCLUDES RANDOM THOUGHT TIME!
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby SlimeCone99 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:29 pm

GoldenLucky99 wrote:RANDOM THOUGHT TIME!

The Slime Lab Log seems like a TV series.
Here's the sales pitch:

Watch as Season 1 sets the bar high with its lore and experiments!
Watch as Season 2 straddles the bar, but due to the Tarrpocalypse, it falls down and hits its crotch!
Watch as Season 3 attempts to climb back up again, if only there were enough participating people!

Will the Slime Lab Log be restored to its former glory? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z-
wait, wrong show

THIS CONCLUDES RANDOM THOUGHT TIME!
Interesting

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:29 pm

DAY 11
Okay, I made the suit.
It might be a little rushed, but I think it's ready.
Here, I'm going to the rock to investigate.
Hmm... that's weird.
The huge meteor thing doesn't really react to whatever I do with it.
Wait...
Why is it glowing?
It's getting brighter and brighter...
It looks like it's going to-

┏━━━━┓ ┏━━┓︱ ┏┓︱┏┓ ┏━━━┓ ┏━━━┓ ┏━━━┓ ┏━━━┓ ┏━┓┏━┓ ┏━━━┓
┃┏┓┏┓┃ ┃┏┓┃︱ ┃┃︱┃┃ ┃┏━┓┃ ┃┏━┓┃ ┃┏━┓┃ ┃┏━━┛ ┃┃┗┛┃┃ ┃┏━━┛
┗┛┃┃┗┛ ┃┗┛┗┓ ┃┗━┛┃ ┃┃︱┃┃ ┃┗━┛┃ ┃┃︱┃┃ ┃┗━━┓ ┃┏┓┏┓┃ ┃┗━━┓
︱︱┃┃︱︱ ┃┏━┓┃ ┃┏━┓┃ ┃┃︱┃┃ ┃┏┓┏┛ ┃┃︱┃┃ ┃┏━━┛ ┃┃┃┃┃┃ ┃┏━━┛
︱︱┃┃︱︱ ┃┗━┛┃ ┃┃︱┃┃ ┃┗━┛┃ ┃┃┃┗┓ ┃┗━┛┃ ┃┗━━┓ ┃┃┃┃┃┃ ┃┗━━┓
︱︱┗┛︱︱ ┗━━━┛ ┗┛︱┗┛ ┗━━━┛ ┗┛┗━┛ ┗━━━┛ ┗━━━┛ ┗┛┗┛┗┛ ┗━━━┛

MESSAGE DESTROYED.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby Lionmeow » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:27 am

That was strange... I tried to decode what was left of the message. It doesn't make sense. It reads

TBHOROEME

I don't know what it means, so maybe someone could decode it further...?

With further decoding, I found the word "METEOR", but there's still "BHO" left.
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:01 am

LABLOG 004

Hey felow scientists! So as you know my Slime from Scratch Project has been a success I even won a Nobel Prize! But I don't really know what to do with the BOb soooooo I decided to give a bit of it to every single one of you! Have fun testing with it! But be careful with your samples, I recomend growing it so you don't have the risk of letting it die, I will continue testing with it... Which remembers me of something

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

I'm going to travel to a completely new place!

So let me explain, a entire new land mass was discovered recently! It's an important scientific discovery and a lot of questions are being made about it, so I'm going there with a research team, I will keep you guys updated about it! Feel free to ask any questions.

>END OF TRANSMISSION
Last edited by SlimeCone99 on Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:17 pm

DAY DAY JAY JAY

D-d-don't worry. Th-th-e signal crashed and the qu-qu-quantum rock sent out a huge wave of radiation. I don't know i-if it's g-g-gonna affect me again, but that's n-n-not important. The s-s-signal may be a bit wonky.

One sec...

Okay, it should be fine.
SlimeCone99 wrote:LABLOG 004

Hey felow scientists! So as you know my Slime from Scratch Project has been a success I even won a Nobel Prize! But I don't really know what to do with the BOb soooooo I decided to give a bit of it to every single one of you! Have fun testing with it! But be careful with your samples, I recomend growing it so you don't have the risk of letting it die, I will continue testing with it... Which remembers me of something

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

I'm going to travel to a completely new place!

So let me explain, a entire new land mass was discovered recently! It's an important scientific discovery and a lot of questions are being made about it, so I'm going there with a research team, I will keep you guys updated about it! Feel free to ask any questions.

>END OF TRANSMISSION

Aww thanks! Hmm... I have a few clothes laying around. Lets see.. I've got a fedora and a long trench jacket. The jacket could probably hold three slimes, so I'll have to wait a bit. Meanwhile, I'm gonna feed it a bit of my leftover chicken.
Anyways, I've got nothing else to say.
See you!
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

PreviousNext

Return to Creative