Slime Lab Log 3

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

Slime Lab Log 3

Postby SlimeCone99 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:39 pm

Slime Lab Log:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6724

Slime Lab Log 2:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9610

This version takes place after the Tarrpocalypse.

Noggy05 wrote:Welcome to the Slime Lab Log. This is where slime scientists share their theories, experiments, and discoveries. Thank you.

-by Noggy05
Last edited by SlimeCone99 on Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
I like Slime Rancher... just that what did you expect

Avatar done by anapntes (thanks for that :D)
SlimeCone99
Keeper

Re: Slime Lab Log 3

Postby SlimeCone99 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:43 pm

New Beginnings

So guys we ended the Tarrpocalypse.

So we can get back to science!
Last edited by SlimeCone99 on Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:03 pm

LABLOG 001

Hello fellow scientists! After we ended the Tarrpocalypse and cleaned everything up I decided to rebuild my sub oceanic base! But it is bigger, has a teleporter so I can go to the surface and it has teleporters to Leo's and Angelo's lab! I will be updating soon

>END OF TRANSMISSION
Last edited by SlimeCone99 on Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby Lionmeow » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:42 pm

SlimeCone99 wrote:
SlimeCone99 wrote:
SlimeCone99 wrote:LABLOG 004

Hello again (again), I've been researching some things of interest to me and I noticed that some type of underwater fungi is growing around my base, around slimes and around rocks. I took a sample of it and started doing tests on it and it turns out to make substances vital to slime life as we know it, so naturally, I decided to get a slime fossil and make tests with the fungi, after a day or two the fossil started to change collor, but what I did not expect was that the fossil started showing signs of life! I think I'll call the fungi Coneire Fungus! As it seems that I was the first to discover it! Tomorrow I'll install the receiver so all the scientists can talk with me to! So If you are interested in some of the fungi contact my starmail:(0894n0n3456si80#SM.contact)

To-do list:
1-Observe the other slimes and lifeforms
2-Install a comunnication receiver so that the other scientists can send me messages
3-Learn about the other things happening in the Slime Science field
4-Conduct tests on the fungus with different materials
5-Observe the enviroment around me
6-Accept Mochi's offer to give her a bunch of the fungi DONE

Here's a sketch of the fungi

>END OF TRANSMISSION

Where I let off before the Tarrpocalypse

LABLOG 005

Hello felow scientists, after conducting some experiments on the fossils I think I almost revived them, but unfortunately I don't know if it's just a small chemical reaction or a possibility of revival. So I ask this question: can the coneire fungus revive fossils? My current research says that there is a big possibility of a positive answer, so my hypothesis is that the toxins released by the fungus react with the dead slime cells creating a temporary state of life. I will be doing an experiment soon.

>END OF TRANSMISSION

I thought we were starting after the tarrpocolypse was taken care of but ok? Are we?
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:16 am

Lionmeow wrote:
SlimeCone99 wrote:
SlimeCone99 wrote:
SlimeCone99 wrote:LABLOG 004

Hello again (again), I've been researching some things of interest to me and I noticed that some type of underwater fungi is growing around my base, around slimes and around rocks. I took a sample of it and started doing tests on it and it turns out to make substances vital to slime life as we know it, so naturally, I decided to get a slime fossil and make tests with the fungi, after a day or two the fossil started to change collor, but what I did not expect was that the fossil started showing signs of life! I think I'll call the fungi Coneire Fungus! As it seems that I was the first to discover it! Tomorrow I'll install the receiver so all the scientists can talk with me to! So If you are interested in some of the fungi contact my starmail:(0894n0n3456si80#SM.contact)

To-do list:
1-Observe the other slimes and lifeforms
2-Install a comunnication receiver so that the other scientists can send me messages
3-Learn about the other things happening in the Slime Science field
4-Conduct tests on the fungus with different materials
5-Observe the enviroment around me
6-Accept Mochi's offer to give her a bunch of the fungi DONE

Here's a sketch of the fungi

>END OF TRANSMISSION

Where I let off before the Tarrpocalypse

LABLOG 005

Hello felow scientists, after conducting some experiments on the fossils I think I almost revived them, but unfortunately I don't know if it's just a small chemical reaction or a possibility of revival. So I ask this question: can the coneire fungus revive fossils? My current research says that there is a big possibility of a positive answer, so my hypothesis is that the toxins released by the fungus react with the dead slime cells creating a temporary state of life. I will be doing an experiment soon.

>END OF TRANSMISSION

I thought we were starting after the tarrpocolypse was taken care of but ok? Are we?
Fixed

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:53 am

Ahem...
DAY ONE
Okay, new beginnings, eh? I'm right there with you!
After the Tarrpocalypse ended, I decided to just wipe all my data and start over again.
Well, here we go again.
I'll start with experimenting on quantum slimes (although that's exactly what got me here in the first place) and see if we can use their phasing ability.
Well, I guess I'm back in action! I better sign this formally, right?
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby Lionmeow » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:54 pm

It's been a while since I've properly contacted you, hasn't it? I've been relaxing, taking a small vacation, although my duties as a slime scientist are starting to return. This experience of mine has taught me a few things.

1. It's nice to occasionally take a bath in tarr remains. Don't ask.
2. After spending months stuck inside of a giant supertarr, it's good to take a break.
3. I'm not the best at studying tarr.
4. I'm taking a break from doing anything rainbow plague related what so ever.
5. I'm claustrophobic.

This new log is nice! The previous one had too much... drama. I've set my drones to clean up and burn the tarr remains around the ranch. Of course, they're burning it all, and I'm hoping that it won't release too bad of chemicals into the air. While I've seen slimes finally exploring out, since my ranch was the center of the disaster, not many are coming out over here. I've been working on a new theory. Well, more of studying past experiments so far. I've not gotten very far on this new theory, but there is a possibility it will work.
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby Tarrrangler » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:44 pm

>Transission Start
Hi, HelloOOoooo!!! is this working?!? how do I know it's on?!?
>End Transmission
Tarrrangler
Chickadoo

Postby Tarrrangler » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:38 am

>Transmission start
Ok, let's try this again...
I am Slimeknack Tarrrangler but you can call me Sike. I am a new slime scientist and I have been experimenting with Tarr and I have successfully created the first ever Tarr corall. I will share how it works as it may come in handy with capturing and eliminating Tarr. Now, onto how it works, I modified a quantum plort and added it to a neurotransmitter (made from a mixture of jellasic fossils and fungi Coneire Fungus) then sprayed the Tarr in a mixture of quantum plorts, quicksilver plorts, fire plorts, and not-so-ripe kookadoba juice. I was then able to control the Tarr's quibt and put it in my Advanced Tarr corall 2000 (yes I actually had 1999 fails before I got it right) then, to make sure it wouldn't get out I made hydro turrets that shot the tele-mixture at the Tarr and I hooked up the tele-mixture to the corall so when they get shot it teleports them back to the corall. I then started experimenting with foods for the Tarr. First, I tried some veggies (namely carrots and cuberries) but it completely ignored them, so I tried fruits (pogofruit and mint mango) still, no success. so for my last thing, I got my hands on some blank slimes and fed it. Thinking they where real slimes, the Tarr ate it and to my surprise, it produced a plort! Since then I have had many offers for thousands of newbucks but I resisted the temptation and decided not having a second Tarrpocalypse is better than being rich. If you have a Tarr problem you can use this technique for yourself with only one catch, do NOT sell the plorts.
>End Transmission
Tarrrangler
Chickadoo

Postby SlimeCone99 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:53 pm

Tarrrangler wrote:>Transmission start
I am Slimeknack Tarrrangler but you can call me Sike. I am a new slime scientist and I have been experimenting with Tarr and I have successfully created the first ever Tarr corall. I will share how it works as it may come in handy with capturing and eliminating Tarr. Now, onto how it works, I modified a quantum plort and added it to a neurotransmitter (made from a mixture of jellasic fossils and fungi Coneire Fungus) then sprayed the Tarr in a mixture of quantum plorts, quicksilver plorts, fire plorts, and not-so-ripe kookadoba juice. I was then able to control the Tarr's quibt and put it in my Advanced Tarr corall 2000 (yes I actually had 1999 fails before I got it right) then, to make sure it wouldn't get out I made hydro turrets that shot the tele-mixture at the Tarr and I hooked up the tele-mixture to the corall so when they get shot it teleports them back to the corall. I then started experimenting with foods for the Tarr. First, I tried some veggies (namely carrots and cuberries) but it completely ignored them, so I tried fruits (pogofruit and mint mango) still, no success. so for my last thing, I got my hands on some blank slimes and fed it. Thinking they where real slimes, the Tarr ate it and to my surprise, it produced a plort! Since then I have had many offers for thousands of newbucks but I resisted the temptation and decided not having a second Tarrpocalypse is better than being rich. If you have a Tarr problem you can use this technique for yourself with only one catch, do NOT sell the plorts.
>End Transmission
Really interesting Dr. Sike! I would like to make experiments with them, my base is Tarr proof so no chance of Tarrpocalypse, if you don't mind of course

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby Lionmeow » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:45 pm

Okay... it's been a while since I've done this but...

LOG 00

uh well... I'll just start with...

LOG 0001 (again)

Due to the recent uh... uprising of tarr, I've been working on another experiment. Slime Cells. No, not jail cells, cells that keep your body alive. I took a small cell from a pink slime's body, hope they won't mind. I quickly threw it into a small dish, and waited. By generation... lets see... 423, the cells grew strong enough to be on their own. I separated four different cells into their own dishes, and fed them their own food. One got hen hen particles, two others got fruits or veggies, then the final one had a mix of the three diets.

As expected, the cells began to slowly change. By generation... 1467, they were completely identifiable as their own. Success. I'll hopefully be continuing this experiment, seeing if I can grow brand new slimes.
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:10 am

LABLOG 002

Hello fellow scientists! Today I asked to myself: can I create life from nothing? So today I will start my Slime from Scratch project!

To this day no one has ever created life from just chemicals but I want to be the first one.

1. I created a similar enviroment to the Pre-Viscous Era;
2. I filled it with water;
3. I put some essential things for the creation of life like carbon, coneire fungus' toxines and some minerals;
4. I install simulated black smokers;
5. I wait.

Week 1 A grey goo appeared put nothing was alive;
Week 2 Unlike other scientists I decided to put some difficulties like meteorite showers, still no luck;
Week 3 Nothing new.

I will be updating soon.

>END OF TRANSMISSION

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:12 am

Lionmeow wrote:Okay... it's been a while since I've done this but...

LOG 00

uh well... I'll just start with...

LOG 0001 (again)

Due to the recent uh... uprising of tarr, I've been working on another experiment. Slime Cells. No, not jail cells, cells that keep your body alive. I took a small cell from a pink slime's body, hope they won't mind. I quickly threw it into a small dish, and waited. By generation... lets see... 423, the cells grew strong enough to be on their own. I separated four different cells into their own dishes, and fed them their own food. One got hen hen particles, two others got fruits or veggies, then the final one had a mix of the three diets.

As expected, the cells began to slowly change. By generation... 1467, they were completely identifiable as their own. Success. I'll hopefully be continuing this experiment, seeing if I can grow brand new slimes.
Interesting...

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby Tarrrangler » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:41 am

SlimeCone99 wrote:
>End Transmission
Really interesting Dr. Sike! I would like to make experiments with them, my base is Tarr proof so no chance of Tarrpocalypse if you don't mind of course

Do you want to use the plorts or the corall?
Tarrrangler
Chickadoo

Postby SlimeCone99 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:27 am

Tarrrangler wrote:
SlimeCone99 wrote:
>End Transmission
Really interesting Dr. Sike! I would like to make experiments with them, my base is Tarr proof so no chance of Tarrpocalypse if you don't mind of course

The plorts

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:00 am

DAY 4
You all have been incredibly busy, eh? I've been on a trip to the Ancient Ruins to experiment on the weird slimes, as I said in my last log. When there, I've come across some very weird things, but I can't compress it all into one file. Here, I'll try:
Code: Select all
FILE TOO LARGE. PLEASE TRY AGAIN.

Yeah. Anyways, while I do all this, I'm gonna tell you about myself.
ANGELO X. FIRO
Dislikes: Being dead (I've been dead before, more on that later)
Good at: Basically nothing except for building and coding.

And that's it. What, you were expecting more?
Well, I've got stuff to do, but interesting side note: There seems to be a strange occurrence where, if you run quantum slimes into a radiation scanner such as the C.A.T or the M.R.I, the quantum slimes completely skip the largo stage when eating plorts, and just become Tarr. Maybe the radiation scanner infuses some rad slime into the quantums?

Anyways, more on that later.
Bye!
Hey! You've found a clue! This isn't going to be like the Slime Lab Log 2, but I'll leave small clues if you're interested in that sort of thing. If you decode all of my puzzles, well, good job to you! I don't have any prize, but I always love a good scavenger hunt! The first clue will be pretty straightforward. Q
-Angelo X. Firo
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby Tarrrangler » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:34 am

SlimeCone99 wrote:
Tarrrangler wrote:
SlimeCone99 wrote:
>End Transmission

The plorts

Ok but only use it on blank slimes or if you want to try on non-blank slimes (pink, tabby, largos) then turn the blank slime into it first. Just... be careful, we don't want to lose a slime scientist.
Tarrrangler
Chickadoo

Postby Tarrrangler » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:56 am

>Start Transmission
OMGoodness! I've done it! I made a new Slime!
Ok Sike calm down, calm down...
So, as you already know I've made a new slime and on top of all that it's not dangerous!
Onto what I did, I took a puddle plort mashed it with a quicksilver plort then mashed it with a fire plort and then mashed it with a Tarr plort, (I don't know what I was thinking because this could have gone terribly wrong) and fed it to a blank slime. At first, nothing happened but after a few minutes I could see a change, the blank slime turned into a free-form but wasn't vanishing or poofing away in a cloud of smoke. After a few hours, the blank slime turned a vibrant purple. After a few days, the blank slime had finished it's transformation. it was a purple, Free-form octopus-like slime that I decided to call the Waterglide slime. The reason I called it this is because I put it in a pond and it started gliding a few inches off the water and was headed towards the slime sea. It gladly didn't make it to the sea, but I wondered why it was headed in that direction, so I decided to find out. I got a bowl, Scooped up some Slime sea and put the Waterglide slime in it. As soon as it hit the water it started producing plorts and when it stopped it was racing around the bowl. It continued this odd behavior for several minutes then stopped, sat in the water and produced plorts. I encourage you to make your own slimes but be careful, we never know when we might cause a new Tarrpocalypse.
>End Transission
Tarrrangler
Chickadoo

Postby SlimeCone99 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:27 pm

Tarrrangler wrote:>Start Transmission
OMGoodness! I've done it! I made a new Slime!
Ok Sike calm down, calm down...
So, as you already know I've made a new slime and on top of all that it's not dangerous!
Onto what I did, I took a puddle plort mashed it with a quicksilver plort then mashed it with a fire plort and then mashed it with a Tarr plort, (I don't know what I was thinking because this could have gone terribly wrong) and fed it to a blank slime. At first, nothing happened but after a few minutes I could see a change, the blank slime turned into a free-form but wasn't vanishing or poofing away in a cloud of smoke. After a few hours, the blank slime turned a vibrant purple. After a few days, the blank slime had finished it's transformation. it was a purple, Free-form octopus-like slime that I decided to call the Waterglide slime. The reason I called it this is because I put it in a pond and it started gliding a few inches off the water and was headed towards the slime sea. It gladly didn't make it to the sea, but I wondered why it was headed in that direction, so I decided to find out. I got a bowl, Scooped up some Slime sea and put the Waterglide slime in it. As soon as it hit the water it started producing plorts and when it stopped it was racing around the bowl. It continued this odd behavior for several minutes then stopped, sat in the water and produced plorts. I encourage you to make your own slimes but be careful, we never know when we might cause a new Tarrpocalypse.
>End Transission
Wow really interesting Dr. Sike! This can open up a new field of plort-mashing and creating new slimes with them, you should patent that idea...

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:28 pm

Tarrrangler wrote:
SlimeCone99 wrote:
Tarrrangler wrote:
SlimeCone99 wrote:
>End Transmission

The plorts

Ok but only use it on blank slimes or if you want to try on non-blank slimes (pink, tabby, largos) then turn the blank slime into it first. Just... be careful, we don't want to lose a slime scientist.
Don't worry I started taking a lot of safety measures after the Tarrpocalypse

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:29 pm

GoldenLucky99 wrote:DAY 4
You all have been incredibly busy, eh? I've been on a trip to the Ancient Ruins to experiment on the weird slimes, as I said in my last log. When there, I've come across some very weird things, but I can't compress it all into one file. Here, I'll try:

ANGELO X. FIRO

Well, I've got stuff to do, but interesting side note: There seems to be a strange occurrence where, if you run quantum slimes into a radiation scanner such as the C.A.T or the M.R.I, the quantum slimes completely skip the largo stage when eating plorts, and just become Tarr. Maybe the radiation scanner infuses some rad slime into the quantums?

Bye!
Hey! You've found a clue! This isn't going to be like the Slime Lab Log 2, but I'll leave small clues if you're interested in that sort of thing. If you decode all of my puzzles, well, good job to you! I don't have any prize, but I always love a good scavenger hunt! The first clue will be pretty straightforward. Q
-Angelo X. Firo
"Hey! You've found a clue! This isn't going to be like the Slime Lab Log 2, but I'll leave small clues if you're interested in that sort of thing. If you decode all of my puzzles, well, good job to you! I don't have any prize, but I always love a good scavenger hunt! The first clue will be pretty straightforward. Q"
Last edited by SlimeCone99 on Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:30 pm

GoldenLucky99 wrote:DAY 4

ANGELO X. FIRO

Bye!
-Angelo X. Firo
Also you died?!

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:35 pm

Well, a bad Tarr outbreak had me sent to a hospital. The doctors said my heart literally stopped beating, I had lost so much blood. But this random donor stepped up (I think his name was Ogden) and donated blood moments before I was gone for good.
Well, I've gotta go study the quantum slimes!
Can you count in binary? 10
Angelo X. Firo
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby Lionmeow » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:07 pm

LOG 0002

I've been relatively busy on this new experiment of mine. They've been developing quite quickly. At generation... where is the record? Hold up... need to write this down. Where is it, where is it...? There it is! Anyway, generation 42,587, they began developing features unique to the cell group. Although I counted 57 unique, only around 12 survived.

Also, what I just wrote down. Whoops. I decided to see how two very different cells would react, and lets just say, they're gone, and some black goop was momentarily there. Guess you sometimes always return to your roots.

Different mutations that make a slime cell unique, and changes the slime to allow new strange abilities. One bit my finger and now they all have a taste for blood. Luckily, I have some artificial blood on me, so that shouldn't be an issue at least for a while. These slimes quickly changed to accommodate their new life style. They move slowly, but pounce like tabbies. Their darker appearance makes it clear that these will be predators of sorts. Probably will take a liking to hen hens.

No cell has produced a plort yet. Even if I constantly feed them, the most that happens is that they slightly grow larger. Then again, they might not have the system or the size to produce something of that complexity.
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:15 am

Lionmeow wrote:LOG 0002

I've been relatively busy on this new experiment of mine. They've been developing quite quickly. At generation... where is the record? Hold up... need to write this down. Where is it, where is it...? There it is! Anyway, generation 42,587, they began developing features unique to the cell group. Although I counted 57 unique, only around 12 survived.

Also, what I just wrote down. Whoops. I decided to see how two very different cells would react, and lets just say, they're gone, and some black goop was momentarily there. Guess you sometimes always return to your roots.

Different mutations that make a slime cell unique, and changes the slime to allow new strange abilities. One bit my finger and now they all have a taste for blood. Luckily, I have some artificial blood on me, so that shouldn't be an issue at least for a while. These slimes quickly changed to accommodate their new life style. They move slowly, but pounce like tabbies. Their darker appearance makes it clear that these will be predators of sorts. Probably will take a liking to hen hens.

No cell has produced a plort yet. Even if I constantly feed them, the most that happens is that they slightly grow larger. Then again, they might not have the system or the size to produce something of that complexity.
Be careful with those cells

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Next

Return to Creative