[Suggestion] Slime Ideas

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

[Suggestion] Slime Ideas

Postby Keasan » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:02 pm

Succuslime
Diet: Ranchers
Favorite Food: None
Aggressive: Sometimes (If Hungry)
Slimeology: Succuslimes, sometimes known as Succubus Slimes, are a fairly rare species of slime due to their unique diet consisting of the matter of others. However, Hen Hens and similar oftentimes do not satisfy this diet, so very few can exist. They love the blood of ranchers more than any other.
Rancher Risks: Ranchers must be careful when trying to raise a Succuslime. Their exclusive diet can cause heavy bodily harm, and if housed near any chickens they will feed on them when hungry until they become elders. For this reason, it is a good idea to purchase an Air Net for them so they cannot escape their pens.

Plortonomics: The blood red Succuslime plorts have many medical applications, including blood donations and experiments in the field of medicine. These plorts also allow scientists to further study the makeup of other slimes due to the cellular structure in the blood.

Tarrling
Diet: Tarrs and Slimes
Favorite Food: Tarrs
Aggressive: No
Slimeology: Formed of the remaining goo left behind by killed Tarrs that get too close to another slime's plort, Tarrlings are a nicer (somewhat) species of slime that gets their name due to their genetic makeup.
Rancher Risks: Tarrlings can be used as a method to clean up unwanted Tarr messes, but will begin to act in the same fashion as a Tarr if left unfed, going out of it's way to break out of it's pen and eat the other slimes on the ranch.
Plortonomics: Tarrlings have no practical use to people outside of other ranchers, as they serve as a risk-based method to permanently handle Tarr infestations that could break out on the ranch.

Spore Slime
Diet: Moonlight
Favorite Food: None
Slimeology: Spore Slimes are a mushroom-covered slime, whose spores fly all across the Far, Far Range. You can find the mushrooms located on a Spore Slime all throughout the Far, Far Range. The spores stick to the slimy bodies of other slimes, sometimes turning them into Spore Slimes.
Rancher Risks: Spore Slimes do not have many risks, but can unintentionally cause harm to other slimes on your ranch due to its habitual spore spreading having the effect of infecting other slimes. To prevent this, it is a good idea to install the Air Net upgrade to keep the spores from getting out.
As well as this, Spore Slimes feed on moonlight but cannot stand the daylight, requiring the Solar Shield upgrade or a cave in order to survive.

Plortonomics: WIP

Cow Slime
Diet: Fruit and Vegetables
Favorite Food: Citrus Wheat
Slimeology: Cow slimes have basically the same similarities as the milk-producing cows of Earth. If they weren't made entirely of milky slime, you could possibly mistake their brush-like tails, loud mooing and udders for a real cow.
Rancher Risks: Cow Slimes have no real risks to a rancher. They are relatively docile and do not like to cause harm. However, they are easily startled, and will accidentally trample a player if fleeing from a Tarr or similar fear.
Similar to a Honey Slime, many slimes are attracted to their plorts. This can lead to Tarr outbreaks, and then a stampede is sure to follow if this happens near too many Cow Slimes...

Coral Slime
Diet: Water AND Meat
Favorite Food: Briar Hens
Slimeology: Coral slimes could be mistaken for a cousin of the rock slime, however it is much closer in relation to the puddle slime. They do not move much, preferring to simply sit and soak in the water, waiting for a meal to pass by.
Rancher Risks: Just like the Puddle Slime, Coral slimes require water in order to live. Without a pond, Coral Slimes will not last long. However, unlike Puddle Slimes, this does not satisfy their diet, and they will need some form of food to survive. Chickens can sometimes lead to Puddle and Coral Slimes being knocked out of the pond, so make sure to watch a Coral Slime when feeding it to prevent this.
Last edited by Keasan on Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keasan
Chickadoo

Re: [Suggestion] Slime Ideas

Postby Keasan » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:04 pm

I plan to have plenty more ideas, but for the time being I want to see how people like the first few ideas and attempt to draw them as well. I'm especially in love with the Succuslime, honestly.
Keasan
Chickadoo

Postby SilvieSkydancer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:08 pm

I am SO DOWN for all of these. The Succuslime is definitely my favorite! <3
SilvieSkydancer
Rancher

Postby Keasan » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:14 pm

Yay! Thank you! :3
I should have some concept art for all of them up sometime soon.
Keasan
Chickadoo

Postby Keasan » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:04 pm

I have managed to do a rough drawing of a Succuslime...after a lot of heartache. XD
Keasan
Chickadoo

Postby Nunn » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:25 am

+1 great ideas1 :D

But how will you feed the Succuslime? Can you keep it on the ranch?
Nunn
Rancher

Postby Keasan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:47 am

Nunn wrote:+1 great ideas1 :D

But how will you feed the Succuslime? Can you keep it on the ranch?

Yeah, you can keep it on the ranch. The general idea is that unlike the Boom and Rock slimes, you'll have to go into the pens and take damage from the Succuslime to feed them. I'm figuring 10-20 damage, seeing as they are basically drinking your blood...
Keasan
Chickadoo

Postby Kyubiko » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:36 pm

IT'S SO CUTE I WANT ONE
Kyubiko
Plort

Postby HunterSlime » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:31 pm

I love all the slimes but my favorite is the tarrling. Keep up the ideas! :D
I cant wait for the hunter slimes and I love the tarr! :D
HunterSlime