Silvie Drew a Thing

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

Silvie Drew a Thing

Postby SilvieSkydancer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:33 pm

Hopeless addiction to Slime Rancher + Mood to make gijinkas = ?????
I dunno about you, but I LOVE the Tarr.

I couldn't find any way to get this to look right attached to the post (attachments wouldn't accept it and trying to post it inline made it be clipped by the board size), so all I can do is provide a deviantART link:

http://wlldflre.deviantart.com/art/WELC ... -586554162
SilvieSkydancer
Rancher

Re: Silvie Drew a Thing

Postby Heather » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:01 pm

Welcome to our community Silvie! Image
Thanks for sharing your artwork with us, my favorite one was your take on the Tarr.
Keep them coming!
Heather
Admin

Postby SilvieSkydancer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:04 pm

Heather wrote:Welcome to our community Silvie! Image
Thanks for sharing your artwork with us, my favorite one was your take on the Tarr.
Keep them coming!

Ahh, the Tarr is my favorite too! I'll probably draw him again sometime.
SilvieSkydancer
Rancher

Postby SilvieSkydancer » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:04 pm

So I encountered a very, very funny glitch while playing Slime Rancher earlier today, in which a Tarr tried to grab a Pink/Tabby Largo in midair with its tentacles. Now I'm not sure what happened, but the physics engine apparently didn't like that, and threw a fit. The result was the Largo getting launched out of the Tarr's tentacles and flying across practically the entire map. I followed it with my camera and it sent me into a laughing fit for a minute straight.

So naturally, I decided to doodle it. I'll draw Largos as hybrids of the base concepts, having the clothes of both and a hairstyle resembling both, but the color scheme of only one, i.e. the dominant member of the hybrid (in this case, Pink).

EDIT: It'd be REAL NICE if images posted inline shrank automatically instead of just getting clipped. Let's hope this solution works.
Attachments
there she goes small.png
there she goes small.png (67.92 KiB) Viewed 11903 times
SilvieSkydancer
Rancher

Postby ArtsyTroll » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:18 pm

!!! YES I APPROVE OF ALL OF THESE!!

I'm loving that Tarr design! I've been thinking of doing Gijinkas too, but yours are basically what mine would have been!

I haven't been on deviantART in forever [do I even have my account anymore?] but I need to watch you or something. Note to self: Draw fanart of that freakin' Tarr!!
And the Tabby said.. "Meep!"

Check out my Beatrix design! http://tinyurl.com/BeatrixDesign
Like my art and want to commission me? Here's my prices! http://artsytroll.tumblr.com/post/138577624092/
ArtsyTroll
Rancher

Postby SilvieSkydancer » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:51 pm

ArtsyTroll wrote:!!! YES I APPROVE OF ALL OF THESE!!

I'm loving that Tarr design! I've been thinking of doing Gijinkas too, but yours are basically what mine would have been!

I haven't been on deviantART in forever [do I even have my account anymore?] but I need to watch you or something. Note to self: Draw fanart of that freakin' Tarr!!

AHH YES DRAW HIM.
Oh man oh man someone actually wants to draw a gijinka I made IS THIS THE REAL LIFE, IS THIS JUST FANTASY
SilvieSkydancer
Rancher

Postby ArtsyTroll » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:35 pm

Ask and you shall receive, my friend!~ I'll be doing these in threes, so tomorrow I'll have the next three done!~ :3

And the Tabby said.. "Meep!"

Check out my Beatrix design! http://tinyurl.com/BeatrixDesign
Like my art and want to commission me? Here's my prices! http://artsytroll.tumblr.com/post/138577624092/
ArtsyTroll
Rancher

Postby SilvieSkydancer » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:44 pm

ArtsyTroll wrote:Ask and you shall receive, my friend!~ I'll be doing these in threes, so tomorrow I'll have the next three done!~ :3

OH MY GOODNESS IT'S SO GOOD THANK YOU
SilvieSkydancer
Rancher

Postby SilvieSkydancer » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:42 pm

Minibumping for Artsy.
SilvieSkydancer
Rancher

Postby Nummles » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:49 pm

Very cool! C:
Never crossed my mind to make human forms of the slimes.
Nummles
Rancher

Postby SilvieSkydancer » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:47 pm

SilvieSkydancer
Rancher

Postby Kaite20 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Not bad, though the designs have room for improvement. I think the Rock Slimes should wear spiky armor, for example, and the puddle design needs a bit more tweaking. Also, I think they should look androgynous, or at least have very small differences between the genders.

Critiques:
Pink Slime: This one is near perfect. The clothes just need to be a bit more loose, and they're good to go!
Rock Slime: I think rock-based armor would be better in terms of clothing. Their current clothing is a little bland, I think. Also, the hair should be spiky.
Tabby Slime: The hair should be messy, and the clothes should be more fluffy and furry instead of using the Schoolgirl outfit.
Phosphor Slime: Separate the dress into two pieces; make the top yellow, and the bottom the dark purple. I love the idea of them being fairies!
Puddle slime: Change them from mermaids to being based off of water spirits, and make the clothing loose, like silk. After all, Puddle Slimes can wander on land for a short period before disappearing.
Honey Slime: Make the clothes a bit loose like I mentioned with the puddle slime above.
Boom Slime: I'd say this one is pretty close to perfect in my opinion, but a bit of char marks on the outfit wouldn't hurt!
Rad Slime: Make the clothes more futuristic-looking, like making it a bodysuit.
Gold Slime: Add jewelry, make the clothes more shiny and glitzy, and give them idiot hair.
Tarr: Maybe add a second pair of arms as well? Also, make the clothes much more tattered, and give them more tattoos.

I hope this helps!
Kaite20
Rancher

Postby SilvieSkydancer » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:10 pm

Kaite20 wrote:Not bad, though the designs have room for improvement. I think the Rock Slimes should wear spiky armor, for example, and the puddle design needs a bit more tweaking. Also, I think they should look androgynous, or at least have very small differences between the genders.

Critiques:
Pink Slime: This one is near perfect. The clothes just need to be a bit more loose, and they're good to go!
Rock Slime: I think rock-based armor would be better in terms of clothing. Their current clothing is a little bland, I think. Also, the hair should be spiky.
Tabby Slime: The hair should be messy, and the clothes should be more fluffy and furry instead of using the Schoolgirl outfit.
Phosphor Slime: Separate the dress into two pieces; make the top yellow, and the bottom the dark purple. I love the idea of them being fairies!
Puddle slime: Change them from mermaids to being based off of water spirits, and make the clothing loose, like silk. After all, Puddle Slimes can wander on land for a short period before disappearing.
Honey Slime: Make the clothes a bit loose like I mentioned with the puddle slime above.
Boom Slime: I'd say this one is pretty close to perfect in my opinion, but a bit of char marks on the outfit wouldn't hurt!
Rad Slime: Make the clothes more futuristic-looking, like making it a bodysuit.
Gold Slime: Add jewelry, make the clothes more shiny and glitzy, and give them idiot hair.
Tarr: Maybe add a second pair of arms as well? Also, make the clothes much more tattered, and give them more tattoos.

I hope this helps!

I object to a couple of these specifically because of my design choices:
TABBY - My idea for the Tabby slime was "100% weaboo trash".
RAD - Wanted them to look mutated.

A lot of these other suggestions are nice though. I like to keep my character designs simple, though, so I probably won't change them much- I'm satisfied with them, anyway.

If anyone else wants to try making gijinkas, by all means, go for it. I'd love to see what other people come up with.
SilvieSkydancer
Rancher

Postby Kaite20 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:14 pm

SilvieSkydancer wrote:
I object to a couple of these specifically because of my design choices:
TABBY - My idea for the Tabby slime was "100% weaboo trash".
RAD - Wanted them to look mutated.

A lot of these other suggestions are nice though. I like to keep my character designs simple, though, so I probably won't change them much- I'm satisfied with them, anyway.

If anyone else wants to try making gijinkas, by all means, go for it. I'd love to see what other people come up with.

Well, I liked the mutated idea for the rad slimes, but I just thought the clothes should be a bit more futuristic-looking, that's all. Also, I do understand why you decided to go the "weeaboo trash" route, though I was thinking more along the lines of an actual feline, but that's just me.
Kaite20
Rancher

Return to Creative