Slime concepts! (taking suggestions)

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

Slime concepts! (taking suggestions)

Postby Hachiseiko » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:37 am

__________________________________________________________________________________

Concept art for new slimes

__________________________________________________________________________________

My own ideas
Comments
The idea with the bunny slimes is to add another easy to keep early on slime besides the pink slime.
It also teaches the player about the importance of buying nets to control the jumping slimes...

Comments
The idea with the franken slimes is to give unwanted slimes (and plorts) some kind of meaning.
Instead of just throwing your slimes and plorts away you can feed them to these gluttons...
They will also never turn into Tarr or Largos but can be eaten by Tarr or killed just like other slimes.

Comments
The idea with the bite slimes (or bat slimes) is to add another light sensitive slime.
These slimes don't disappear in the light but become unhappy when exposed to sunlight.
They also hurt the rancher a bit by nibbling them when they come too close, especially when unhappy.

Other people's ideas
Ghostly slime by DeltaStorm
"Born from a decomposed tarr from water, these Slimes are said to be made up of their very hungry spirits."
Comments
I tried making these look like friendly versions of the Tarr! Which is basically what they are...

Floral/Flower slime by Kaite20
"A plant/slime hybrid, these slimes will grow anywhere from a special type of flowering plant where the sunlight hits just right."
Comments
I really liked the idea of different flowers depending on where they live... I tried to make two classical flowers and one cactus flower for the dry areas!

Dessert/Pudding slime by Mellorine
Comments
These are adorable and they make my mouth water... Mmm...

Shark slime by z0mbiesrock
"Shark Slimes are quite nasty slimes. They live in water, and devour any unlucky victim that treads their territory."
Comments
I for one think there needs to be more slimes that live in water! And I love the teeth...

Pyro slime by Blazekop12
"Made when a rock slime fell into a lava pit in the Indigo Quarry, Pyro Slimes started to co-exist alongside the rock slimes."
Comments
These were so much fun to draw... I'm really happy with the way the flames lick up their bodies!

Bear slime suggested by Orangesator
Comments
It's an obvious one .u. Really cute bears...

Sand slime by xAbyssalRemnantx
Comments
I also had this idea c: Would really love these kinds of slimes!

Currently working on:
Egg slime

On my list:
Metal slime
Snow slime
Dust slime
Robot slime
Shadow slime

Possible future ones:
Teleport slime
Frog slime
Mage slime
Vampire/succubus/incubus slime
Oil slime

I'm taking suggestions for more slimes! C:

Feel free to post more ideas and concepts in this thread.
Last edited by Hachiseiko on Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:12 am, edited 16 times in total.
All my latest slime art!
A base to make your own slimes!

Want to use any of my art?
That's fine! But ask me first! ;D

I'm not very active but PM me and I'll get an e-mail and I'll reply!
Hachiseiko
Keeper

Re: Slime concepts! (taking suggestions)

Postby Hachiseiko » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:50 am

Plumpette wrote:Your art style is very clean and professionally simplistic. I adore how you're able to suggest shape and personality with so few strokes! It's awesome. Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here. :)

Thanks a lot! :'D Well, that's a good thing as I'm hoping to actually work with game graphics :3

There's nothing I love more than trying out different styles and I just had to have a go at the style in the concept art for this game... It's really lovely and soothing... ouo I'm out of ideas though... ;;;
All my latest slime art!

Hachiseiko
Keeper

Postby Hachiseiko » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:19 am

Plumpette wrote:As for ideas. I made a "Draw your concept" thread for practice purposes for concept creators and artists. So if you feel up to it you could always make someone's day and fill someone's request. But it's up to you of course, it's also possible some might even come to this thread to request to you personally as well. :)

Oh... Well, I considered doing that but it felt a bit rude. I thought that was your space and didn't want to step on your territory or anything xP I'll have a look and see what I can do!
All my latest slime art!

Hachiseiko
Keeper

Postby Camychan » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:29 am

These are all adorable and I want 50, especially the bat ones XD <3
Camychan
Chickadoo

Postby FarmerYuuma » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:24 am

Such amazing desings.

I myself thought of bunny slimes, since there's already cats and carrots.

I also love the idea of slimes that eat other slimes. What would the plorts look like?

I think the ghost slimes need something else, something more characteristic. Maybe you need to defeat a specific way, or something like that
FarmerYuuma
Rancher

Postby Mellorine » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:12 pm

Wow, your artwork is fantastic!
..I wish I was good at drawing, lol!
Could you draw a pudding slime, pretty please <3?
I refuse -
Mellorine
Rancher

Postby FarmerYuuma » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:18 pm

Can you draw the Slime created in this post, please? The floral slime

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=651
FarmerYuuma
Rancher

Postby Kaite20 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:20 pm

These are so adorable! I love the Frankenslime (nice pun too!) and the bat slime~

FarmerYuuma wrote:Can you draw the Slime created in this post, please? The floral slime

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=651

I didn't expect my own slime idea to turn up! Well, it had the help of others to be fleshed out, so I can't take ALL the credit, but I did start the thread, suggest it to be a floral slime, and elaborate on a few details that were used, so...

But yes, I'd love to see one drawn, if you don't mind! The thing about them is their flower varies by region, so they probably have a few different designs.
Kaite20
Rancher

Postby Heather » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:08 pm

WOW.. those are excellent.. Image
What kind of software are you using?
Thanks for sharing!
Heather
Admin

Postby Hachiseiko » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:12 am

Camychan wrote:These are all adorable and I want 50, especially the bat ones XD <3

FarmerYuuma wrote:Such amazing desings.

Mellorine wrote:Wow, your artwork is fantastic!

Kaite20 wrote:These are so adorable! I love the Frankenslime (nice pun too!) and the bat slime~

Heather wrote:WOW.. those are excellent.. Image

*blushes furiously* Christ, guys... I feel like a golden slime all of a sudden..! Image
All my latest slime art!

Hachiseiko
Keeper

Postby Hachiseiko » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:23 am

FarmerYuuma wrote:I also love the idea of slimes that eat other slimes. What would the plorts look like?

I think the ghost slimes need something else, something more characteristic. Maybe you need to defeat a specific way, or something like that

Well, my thought was that the plort look like the Franken slimes regardless of what they eat... Or did you want me to draw the different slimes' splorts?

And the ghostly slimes has a separate thread C: I didn't make them

Heather wrote:What kind of software are you using?

I use PaintTool SAI! Pencil for sharp lines, water color for soft shades. Lots of clipping masks c:
All my latest slime art!

Hachiseiko
Keeper

Postby Hachiseiko » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:35 am

Mellorine wrote:Could you draw a pudding slime, pretty please <3?

Is that the dessert slime in your own thread? The one in your avatar?
All my latest slime art!

Hachiseiko
Keeper

Postby NeferNightbug » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:10 am

What about a Veggie Slime? Instead of producing Plorts when you feed it, it produces Veggies.

However, I think you'd have to give it a diet of Plorts for that to happen...
NeferNightbug
Rancher

Postby Mellorine » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:58 am

Hachiseiko wrote:
Mellorine wrote:Could you draw a pudding slime, pretty please <3?

Is that the dessert slime in your own thread? The one in your avatar?

Yes! I keep forgetting that I switch the names often, sorry!
Thank you!
Last edited by Mellorine on Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I refuse -
Mellorine
Rancher

Postby Skell1031 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:58 pm

How about a family of Chromatic slimes. The basic idea being slimes designed to change the color of other slimes.
Star off with the primary colors being capture-able (Red, Blue, Yellow).
ie. feeding a red slime a yellow plort produces an orange chromatic slime who's plorts, if fed to a non chromatic slime, changes that slimes color to orange.
Skell1031
Plort

Postby Heather » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:43 pm

Hachiseiko wrote:*blushes furiously* Christ, guys... I feel like a golden slime all of a sudden..! Image

Heather
Admin

Postby Nummles » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:58 pm

These are extremely adorable. I want them in my game now. I tried drawing a couple on Photoshop, but I'll keep that to the professionals (aka not me). As far as suggestions go, it seems that the majority of your slimes are for new ranchers, not any rare ones? I feel like there could be a teleportation slime. Maybe it's less evasive than the gold one, but can be actually vac-ed up. There plorts could be worth about 100+ each, and they fruit they eat can only be obtainable in the wild, and not farmed. They could be a light purple color, that leave a light pixel effect after they teleport. Their teleportation isn't far, but a good distance away from rancher. They are timid by nature, and do there best to escape ranchers. They cannot escape corrals however. Anyways that is just a suggestion.
Nummles
Rancher

Postby Sharkysaur » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:25 am

OMG those cactus slimes, particularly the spiky ones with the pink flower are so adorable!!!!!!
I love them. They would fit the dry canyon environment of the ranch so well.
Sharkysaur
Plort

Postby Kyubiko » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:39 am

Aww, I feel like a dum, I wrote this whole message to them on their tumblr thing, and then I realized they had a forum... These are such good ideas though! I'd love to be a part of this process! Also, who's the person who drew those slimes? I'd love to talk with them!
Kyubiko
Plort

Postby Hachiseiko » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:04 am

Kyubiko wrote:Aww, I feel like a dum, I wrote this whole message to them on their tumblr thing, and then I realized they had a forum... These are such good ideas though! I'd love to be a part of this process! Also, who's the person who drew those slimes? I'd love to talk with them!

I find it kind of sweet that you're asking for the person who drew the slimes in the thread you're commenting on. I'm literally right here. Hi. It's me! Image
All my latest slime art!

Hachiseiko
Keeper

Postby Hachiseiko » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:11 am

NeferNightbug wrote:What about a Veggie Slime? Instead of producing Plorts when you feed it, it produces Veggies.

However, I think you'd have to give it a diet of Plorts for that to happen...

I don't know... Why would we feed plorts to a slime to produce veggies when you can grow them using just one veggie?

Nummles wrote:As far as suggestions go, it seems that the majority of your slimes are for new ranchers, not any rare ones? I feel like there could be a teleportation slime. Maybe it's less evasive than the gold one, but can be actually vac-ed up. There plorts could be worth about 100+ each, and they fruit they eat can only be obtainable in the wild, and not farmed. They could be a light purple color, that leave a light pixel effect after they teleport. Their teleportation isn't far, but a good distance away from rancher. They are timid by nature, and do there best to escape ranchers. They cannot escape corrals however. Anyways that is just a suggestion.

That sounds kind of like the suggested quantum slimes. I actually liked the idea though! I might draw it at some point! C:

Sharkysaur wrote:OMG those cactus slimes, particularly the spiky ones with the pink flower are so adorable!!!!!!
I love them. They would fit the dry canyon environment of the ranch so well.

Aaaw, thanks so much! That's exactly what I was trying to make!
Also, I really want a cactus slime for a little pet on my ranch... :'3 Adorable...
All my latest slime art!

Hachiseiko
Keeper

Postby FreddyReady » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:28 am

as for cactus slime it would be cool if they took them and added "spikes" on their plorts and they damage too not as much as the slimes in general (but something to look out for)

Really the bat slime would be great and attack where it swipes down on you taking a bite to the face.

Would love to see a hot romance one or cind of a succubus if you want, it drains energy and is very rare (can glue to you screen getting messy as a layer with slime is over your view making them annoying but expensive and hard to get slimes that likes dangerous or aggresive areas)

And ghost slime would it not be better to have it more cloud/ghost like? (or do you want it to be horror like that popup randomly)

Would love to see some pokemon related slimes as some of the cactus slimes looks like those water pokemons! XD
FreddyReady
Rancher

Postby Hachiseiko » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:30 pm

FreddyReady wrote:as for cactus slime it would be cool if they took them and added "spikes" on their plorts and they damage too not as much as the slimes in general (but something to look out for)

Really the bat slime would be great and attack where it swipes down on you taking a bite to the face.

Well, the rock plorts don't hurt so I don't think the cactus ones would either. And yes, we need caves with special slimes in them, like bats!

FreddyReady wrote:And ghost slime would it not be better to have it more cloud/ghost like? (or do you want it to be horror like that popup randomly)

Would love to see some pokemon related slimes as some of the cactus slimes looks like those water pokemons! XD

I see what you mean but, as someone who has experience making games, transparent slimes could cause problems and look strange... Also, I didn't design them c:

And when it comes to Pokémon there is the copyright issue to consider...

FreddyReady wrote:Would love to see a hot romance one or cind of a succubus if you want, it drains energy and is very rare (can glue to you screen getting messy as a layer with slime is over your view making them annoying but expensive and hard to get slimes that likes dangerous or aggresive areas)

Yes! I'd love this! A slime that lunges at you and sticks to you! What would it look like though...?
All my latest slime art!

Hachiseiko
Keeper

Postby z0mbiesrock » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:48 pm

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
z0mbiesrock
Keeper

Postby Blazekop12 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:04 pm

Can you please draw my Pyro-slime? I love your awesome style!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=523
Blazekop12
Rancher

Next

Return to Creative