Phosphor hats

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

Phosphor hats

Postby rabbitslime » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:44 pm

I once thought that I saw a glitch involving crystal phosphor largos; they seem to be unable to disappear due to sunlight. Cause of this, I had an idea that allows phosphor slimes to be free ranged anywhere.

Introducing the Phosphor hat, its a curio that is to be placed down and can have a hat purchased for 2000 newbucks. It will render the phosphor slime that was given it to be immune to sunlight.

Cost for production:
2 Strange diamonds
30 primordy oil
15 phosphor plorts

Not so sure what else might be needed...

If the grotto says that a phosphor slime would feel liberated, that curio will not only ensure the phosphor slime to be worry free, but it can fly to as far as it wants, and will never suffer sun burns.
User avatar
rabbitslime
Rancher
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:40 am

Re: Phosphor hats

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:10 am

This would render the Phosphor Slime dangerless.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.
User avatar
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox
 
Posts: 1406
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:12 am
Location: England is my city

Re: Phosphor hats

Postby rabbitslime » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:30 am

It should be considered very expensive to implement, like it would consume half or 2000 of your resources per purchase, either the curio or hat. So if you have 20 strange diamonds out there scattered, it would use 10, or maybe a default and high number, maybe 4?

The price might need to climb up to at least 3000 Newbucks. Either those or the hat could be purchased at an incremental value ranging from 25% to 20%.

It would be something like this: 2000, 2500. 3000, 3750, 4500, 5400 etc.
User avatar
rabbitslime
Rancher
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:40 am

Re: Phosphor hats

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:25 am

rabbitslime wrote:It should be considered very expensive to implement, like it would consume half or 2000 of your resources per purchase, either the curio or hat. So if you have 20 strange diamonds out there scattered, it would use 10, or maybe a default and high number, maybe 4?

The price might need to climb up to at least 3000 Newbucks. Either those or the hat could be purchased at an incremental value ranging from 25% to 20%.

It would be something like this: 2000, 2500. 3000, 3750, 4500, 5400 etc.

Even then, it still removes a danger. Sure, it might be expensive; but it's still quite game-breaking.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.
User avatar
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox
 
Posts: 1406
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:12 am
Location: England is my city

Re: Phosphor hats

Postby BlanketPI » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:38 pm

By that argument, Solar Shields also remove a danger. Considering that raising Slimes isn't supposed to be difficult in that sense, I think this wouldn't hurt. I mean, is it really a problem that you don't need to put your Phosphor Slimes in Corrals with Solar Shields? I don't see the harm in it. (It's not like making them immune to The Tarr nor anything.)
BlanketPI
Rancher
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:55 am

Re: Phosphor hats

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:30 am

BlanketPI wrote:By that argument, Solar Shields also remove a danger. Considering that raising Slimes isn't supposed to be difficult in that sense, I think this wouldn't hurt. I mean, is it really a problem that you don't need to put your Phosphor Slimes in Corrals with Solar Shields? I don't see the harm in it. (It's not like making them immune to The Tarr nor anything.)

Yes, but Phosphor Slimes can break out of Solar Shielded corrals if not fed. If their light sensitivity is removed, their only perk is that they can fly; imagine if you could cut off Rock Slimes' spikes.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.
User avatar
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox
 
Posts: 1406
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:12 am
Location: England is my city

Re: Phosphor hats

Postby BlanketPI » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:15 pm

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:Yes, but Phosphor Slimes can break out of Solar Shielded corrals if not fed. If their light sensitivity is removed, their only perk is that they can fly; imagine if you could cut off Rock Slimes' spikes.
Don't High Walls prevent them from flying out? (Unless you have a dozen of them, but do you think getting a dozen phosphor hats would be practical unless you've got so many resources that losing the Phosphor Slimes/Largos wouldn't be meaningful except for sentimental value, anyway?) Aside from that, Phosphor Plorts have the second lowest value in the game, along with Rock Plorts and Tabby Plorts. Tabby Slimes can jump, so you need to put in High Walls and an Air Net (which also puts the nail in the coffin for Phosphor Slimes, by the way), but Rock Slimes don't even normally need High Walls until they're in highish concentrations.

And given how easy it is to raise Honey Slimes, Phosphor Slimes seem largely of sentimental value and for Gadgets (currently the lower level Apiaries, Violet Teleporters, Violet Warp Depots, a bunch of Decorations, and the Shady Fashion Pods, only the first of which is repeatedly in demand, but not once you get the upgrades).

Also, a Rock Slime's spikes are a (minor) danger to the player, not the Rock Slime. You could argue that the rolling is a danger to the Rock Slime, but not in a Corral of any kind, nor in, e.g. the Grotto. This idea is really just allowing you to free range the Phosphor Slimes instead of keeping them in a Corral. Free ranging is risky enough as is, due to the risk of Tarr outbreaks. Do we really need to limit where they go, too? (Not that I think it's necessary to be able to let them out, but I don't see anything inherently "wrong" with the idea, either.)
BlanketPI
Rancher
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:55 am

Re: Phosphor hats

Postby rabbitslime » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:31 pm

I could suggest that the price of a phosphor hat could be 80 to 100% of your money, proven your cash exceeds 100000, otherwise it would be at 1000000. This will make it outright difficult for any rancher to purchase. We just need to find the price that makes it no longer game-breaking.
User avatar
rabbitslime
Rancher
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:40 am

Re: Phosphor hats

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:37 am

The highest you can go to (by the 7Zee reward system and my experience) is 150000 with your cash. I might be wrong because I don't remember clearly, but, yeah, I think so.
Albert Einstein once wrote:GoldenLucky99 is cool

He couldn't have been more right.

I hate the 255 limi

Check out my stuff
InterestingKookadoba Collab
My first post: Mountain Slime
CLICKBAIT forum game
Relation of Objects forum game
User avatar
GoldenLucky99
Keeper
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:23 am
Location: Stuck in a Tarr's stomach

Re: Phosphor hats

Postby rabbitslime » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:42 am

I think I made an error with "it would be at 1 million". It should have been 100 thousand.
User avatar
rabbitslime
Rancher
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:40 am

Re: Phosphor hats

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:20 pm

I checked the slime rancher wikia and the 7Zee rewards ended at 150000, and the last 3 stayed at the same price: 150K so yeah, I think 150000 is the maximum.
Albert Einstein once wrote:GoldenLucky99 is cool

He couldn't have been more right.

I hate the 255 limi

Check out my stuff
InterestingKookadoba Collab
My first post: Mountain Slime
CLICKBAIT forum game
Relation of Objects forum game
User avatar
GoldenLucky99
Keeper
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:23 am
Location: Stuck in a Tarr's stomach


Return to Creative

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests