Barriers

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

Barriers

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:09 am

So, I've recently been having a lot of problems with my free-range slimes.
Basically, the only real area where largoes can be safely free-ranged is the grotto, as slimes can reach the Docks or jump off the edge in the Overgrowth, into the Slime Sea from the Docks, and in Ogden's Retreat - by far the worse offender - slimes can simply fall off into the vast depths.

And so, I propose a solution:
Barriers!

Unlike other slime science gadgets, this handy tool does not conform to Gadget Plots; instead, it can be place anywhere and a line of them can be as long as the user desires (although they cannot link to more than one).

This allows the player to block off areas they wish to be unavailable to slimes easily and quickly.

However, it does have its drawbacks; collectively many barriers become quite pricey, they can be broken with enough persistent force, and require replacement once broken.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Re: Barriers

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:35 am

Decent idea though I propose a change to them not needing a gadget spot. Maybe have them require a custom gadget spot that is marked first using echoes. Gives echos a use while keeping the ui for gadgets the same.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:35 pm

Purplecharmanderz wrote:Decent idea though I propose a change to them not needing a gadget spot. Maybe have them require a custom gadget spot that is marked first using echoes. Gives echos a use while keeping the ui for gadgets the same.

I.. Don't think I quite understand what you mean.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:53 am

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:
Purplecharmanderz wrote:Decent idea though I propose a change to them not needing a gadget spot. Maybe have them require a custom gadget spot that is marked first using echoes. Gives echos a use while keeping the ui for gadgets the same.

I.. Don't think I quite understand what you mean.

Ok, just an idea to keep the gadget placement ui relatively the same while keeping the basic idea of your barriers the same. All I suggest is instead of having them just being able to be placed anywhere they add an ability to set up gadget locations using echoes. Say you set up 4 echos overlapping each other that would mark the center of the gadget location where certain gadgets could be placed such as the barriers
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Return to Creative